Cyclist impedes ambulance by not following the Highway Code

Old January 22nd 18, 11:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

Default Cyclist impedes ambulance by not following the Highway Code

On Monday, January 22, 2018 at 9:58:02 PM UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Simon Jester wrote:
On Monday, January 22, 2018 at 9:12:06 PM UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:
TMS320 wrote:
On 22/01/18 17:27, Simon Jester wrote:
On Monday, January 22, 2018 at 4:27:48 PM UTC, MrCheerful wrote:
http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/22/cyclis...-miss-7248829/

100% Ambulance drivers fault.
The cyclist had already entered the junction before the ambulance
appeared and made every effort to clear the junction as quickly as
possible. Being on an emergency call does not permit ambulance
drivers to endanger other road users.

We can see drivers had pulled to the side before the junction and
the rider had plenty of room to do so too. The ambulance driver
should be hauled over for incorrect use of the horn; pure
aggression, what was he/she expecting to happen at that late stage?

If you were in the back of the ambulance, crying, bleeding,
screaming and asking for your mammy like scum, cowardly, cyclists
do, would you still have the same intensely stupid attitude?

I could always take comfort in the fact that I am not you.

I was not replying to you. I know it's hard for you to understand this
medium, but you are a cyclist - to your shame.
I take no comfort in not being you. This as there is no reason to be you.
Are you not ashamed of being you?

52yo research professor retiring in 3 years with a guaranteed £200K pa pension and an even wealthier wife, I have no problem being me.

Old January 23rd 18, 05:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

wrote:
TMS320 wrote:
[...]

This is getting better.

Let's see... a "research professor" due to get £200,000 a year in pension.

Not a £200,000 pension pot (Hull-style), mind you, but £200,000 a year
pension income. So income is hihghly likely to be even more whilst still
in post.

A rough calculation of the 20% and 45% tax rates, gives the lucky
recipient about £125,000 pa after tax. That's £10,400 (approx) a month net.

Do "research professors" even get that much while they're working?

Who'd have thought it, but... apparently not.

https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Salary/University-of-Cambridge-Professor-Salaries-E35494_D_KO24,33.htm
Old January 23rd 18, 06:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 22/01/18 21:12, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
TMS320 wrote:
On 22/01/18 17:27, Simon Jester wrote:
On Monday, January 22, 2018 at 4:27:48 PM UTC, MrCheerful wrote:
http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/22/cyclis...-miss-7248829/

100% Ambulance drivers fault.
The cyclist had already entered the junction before the ambulance
appeared and made every effort to clear the junction as quickly as
possible. Being on an emergency call does not permit ambulance
drivers to endanger other road users.

We can see drivers had pulled to the side before the junction and the
rider had plenty of room to do so too. The ambulance driver should be
hauled over for incorrect use of the horn; pure aggression, what was
he/she expecting to happen at that late stage?

If you were in the back of the ambulance, crying, bleeding, screaming and
asking for your mammy like scum, cowardly, cyclists do, would you still have
the same intensely stupid attitude?
Thought not.
Have you always been stupid?

Which bit of "the rider had plenty of room to do so [pull over] too" -

On the other hand, if the call was for someone such as yourself, a few
delays in the system might be good for the rest of us.