Battery Replacement on Lights with Internal Li-Ion Batteries

Old February 20th 18, 03:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default Battery Replacement on Lights with Internal Li-Ion Batteries

On Monday, February 19, 2018 at 10:38:51 AM UTC-8, sms wrote:
On 2/17/2018 8:38 AM, jbeattie wrote:
On Saturday, February 17, 2018 at 2:21:48 AM UTC-8, Sepp Ruf wrote:
jbeattie wrote:
On Friday, February 16, 2018 at 9:33:11 AM UTC-8, sms wrote:

DRL

Also, the Reelights are practically useless off-angle (in candela):

As even 0.02 cd is not invisible (at night), you'd need much better accident
data to conclute that.

Yes, the Reelights are probably beneficial at night, depending on conditions. As for absolute proof that they are incredible DRLs, watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD3-Hr9kDHQ I couldn't see any of those bikes without the Reelight flashers -- and without the arrows pointing to the flashers. The new generation Cio https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ombe_YCrTeI Wow!

Even if there were a double-blind study, with a huge statistical sample,
it would make zero difference because those that did not like the
results would still fabricate some narrative, however ridiculous, to
dismiss it. It's like explaining to an NRA member that selling AR-15s to
teenagers might not be a good idea--the response will be a nonsensical
diatribe about prescription drugs, mental illness, the removal of prayer
from public schools, the lack of worshiping Gods, the citing of knife
attacks, and of course "guns don't kill people, people kill people."

What? No Nazis? I would expect a Nazi reference by now. All I was saying is that a low-output hub-height blinky is of dubious value in broad daylight. The Odense study is suspicious -- at least in terms of attributing the decreased daytime accident rate to the presence of the blinky.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old February 20th 18, 03:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 2/19/2018 6:06 PM, jbeattie wrote:

What? No Nazis? I would expect a Nazi reference by now.

Here you go:
1933: Third Reich begins
1934: StVO formed

All I was saying is that a low-output hub-height blinky is of dubious value in broad daylight.

Yet the evidence is to the contrary.
Old February 20th 18, 07:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

On Tuesday, February 20, 2018 at 9:51:23 AM UTC-5, sms wrote:
On 2/19/2018 6:06 PM, jbeattie wrote:

What? No Nazis? I would expect a Nazi reference by now.

Here you go:
1933: Third Reich begins
1934: StVO formed

All I was saying is that a low-output hub-height blinky is of dubious value in broad daylight.

Yet the evidence is to the contrary.

Not the visible evidence.

- Frank Krygowski
Old February 22nd 18, 10:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Robert Latest

sms wrote:

The key to getting more people out on bicycles is to promote equipment
that allows them to ride to work or school in normal clothes,

This exists. It's called a bicycle.

and provide routes that make the ride practical.

This exists as well. It's called a street.

Really, it's not that difficult. Or at least it shouldn't be. I live in
Germany, a pretty bicycle-friendly place overall, and still most car
commutes are less than 3 km within the same city, done by physically able
people. It boggles the mind.

robert