Country cousin in the Smoke

Old September 7th 05, 10:22 AM
Brian G

Default Country cousin in the Smoke

Yesterday was our 30th wedding anniversary, so I took Mrs G to London to
buy herself something nice in Harrod's (Chorus: Aaahh...) While she
assaulted the frock counters I had a wander up to Sports Goods for a
look at the Bicycles section. They had lots of nice stuff, mainly
Cannondale, Muddy Fox and Marin. Of course, I wasn't there to buy
anything but after looking and touching and poking and feeling, I
thought "What the heck, how often are you in Harrod's?". So I just
whipped out the wallet and did it. There and then. I mean, nine pounds
ninety nine is a hell of a price for a bottle cage, but sometimes you've
just got to give in, haven't you?

--
Brian G
Old September 7th 05, 10:28 AM
Peter Clinch

Brian G wrote:

thought "What the heck, how often are you in Harrod's?". So I just
whipped out the wallet and did it. There and then. I mean, nine pounds
ninety nine is a hell of a price for a bottle cage, but sometimes you've
just got to give in, haven't you?

As long as it's deep green with gold bosses...

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

Old September 7th 05, 12:45 PM
Brian G

Peter Clinch wrote:
Brian G wrote:

thought "What the heck, how often are you in Harrod's?". So I just
whipped out the wallet and did it. There and then. I mean, nine
pounds ninety nine is a hell of a price for a bottle cage, but
sometimes you've just got to give in, haven't you?

As long as it's deep green with gold bosses...

Pete.

Oddly, no. I think the cycle section is a franchise, rather than
Harrod's own work. The price tag is in Mohammed's personal livery
though :-)

--
Brian G