Which are the threads that don't involve silly external folk?

Old April 20th 12, 04:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Wm...

Default Which are the threads that don't involve silly external folk?

As per Subject: the group just seems a mess again. Yeah, I know who to
killfile, I was just wondering if there were any pure-ish threads, I can
probably get stuff going back a few weeks if there was an interesting
discussion.

--
Wm...
Old April 20th 12, 06:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr. Benn[_9_]

"Wm..." wrote in message ]...

As per Subject: the group just seems a mess again. Yeah, I know who to
killfile, I was just wondering if there were any pure-ish threads, I can
probably get stuff going back a few weeks if there was an interesting
discussion.

What's wrong with the moderated group? Apart from the obvious.
Old April 20th 12, 08:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Wm...

Fri, 20 Apr 2012 18:07:30 uk.rec.cycling
Mr. Benn

"Wm..." wrote in message ]...
As per Subject: the group just seems a mess again. Yeah, I know who to
killfile, I was just wondering if there were any pure-ish threads, I
can probably get stuff going back a few weeks if there was an
interesting discussion.
=============================================== =

What's wrong with the moderated group? Apart from the obvious.

what do you think the obvious is?

--
Wm...
Old April 21st 12, 10:10 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Fri, 20 Apr 2012 16:23:27 +0100, "Wm..."
wrote:

As per Subject: the group just seems a mess again. Yeah, I know who to
killfile, I was just wondering if there were any pure-ish threads, I can
probably get stuff going back a few weeks if there was an interesting
discussion.

If you are interested in the merits of sea-salt rubbed in to your legs, eating
kelp, making a ****-poor garden pond; converting a pit in the garage in to a
water tank; how to steal various items from BP Chemicals at Saltend, Hull -
then there are indeed many interesting articles to be found in URC.

Old April 21st 12, 10:57 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Wm...

Sat, 21 Apr 2012 10:10:40
uk.rec.cycling Judith

wrote:

As per Subject: the group just seems a mess again. Yeah, I know who to
killfile, I was just wondering if there were any pure-ish threads, I can
probably get stuff going back a few weeks if there was an interesting
discussion.

If you are interested in the merits of sea-salt rubbed in to your legs, eating
kelp,

Fine by me, are you offering?

making a ****-poor garden pond;

Water feature, surely?

converting a pit in the garage in to a
water tank;

Seems sensible.

how to steal various items from BP Chemicals at Saltend, Hull -
then there are indeed many interesting articles to be found in URC.

Hmmmn, is this the Simon thread?

I'm of the opinion that if Simon had been doing the things his
detractors say he had done then he would have been fired ages ago.

I think what might have happened is that Simon said he did a whole lot
of things that he didn't.

I mean, if I say I rode my bike after 17 pints you'd guess I was
teasing, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIMyFEdOcKU

for the people that are hard of thinking and ear.

--
Wm...
Old April 21st 12, 01:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 21/04/2012 10:57, Wm... wrote:
Sat, 21 Apr 2012 10:10:40
uk.rec.cycling Judith

wrote:

[...]

Might well be true - he lives in a complete fantasy world after all.

University
Old April 21st 12, 02:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Wm...

Sat, 21 Apr 2012 13:29:51
uk.rec.cycling Dave - Cyclists VOR

Wm:
I'm of the opinion that if Simon had been doing the things his
detractors say he had done then he would have been fired ages ago.

I think what might have happened is that Simon said he did a whole lot
of things that he didn't.

Might well be true - he lives in a complete fantasy world after all.

Nope, you and the like of you have been. Doh!

--
Wm...
Old April 21st 12, 05:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 21/04/2012 14:42, Wm... wrote:
Sat, 21 Apr 2012 13:29:51
uk.rec.cycling Dave - Cyclists VOR

Wm:
I'm of the opinion that if Simon had been doing the things his
detractors say he had done then he would have been fired ages ago.

I think what might have happened is that Simon said he did a whole lot
of things that he didn't.

Might well be true - he lives in a complete fantasy world after all.

Nope, you and the like of you have been. Doh!

Have been what?

Here are just some of the things that happen on Planet Mason;

He claims to be an Industrial chemist, when he is a low level lab
technician.
Boasts about making 'award winng safety films' which turn out to be
about opening tins of corned beef.
He claims to hold qualifications that don't exist.
States "those of us who are well educated" when he previously has posted
"I've worked since I left school at 16".
He tries to give the impression his house is worth 1.5 million.
He thinks he lives in a rural idyll, when its a suburb of Chavtown Upon
Hull.
He believes women are constantly admiring his wedding tackle.
He thinks he is qualified to be a personal trainer.
With his Joe 90 video glasses he thinks he is a crime fighter.
He appoints himself as Captain Trollbuster.
Drinking 10 pints of beer a night is OK because the alcohol is diluted
by water.
Brags about what a big willy he has.
Constantly boasts about money, reminiscent of the Harry Enfield
"Loadsamoney!" character.
Only eats vindaloo curry because he is such a hard man.
Now changes that to eating 'Phal' because the Vindaloo didn't make him
look hard enough.
Writes books about spies & secret radio waves.
Thinks sea salt & kelp are wonder drugs because "man evolved from the sea".
Thinks that 3 policemen are taking him seriously over an alleged letter.
Publicly boasts about defrauding his employer and stealing things.
Posts his holiday snaps here in the belief that anybody is the slightest
bit interested.
Thinks bus driver should be sacked or 'put behind bars' if they react to
his poor cycling skills.
Writes to the Hull Daily Mail, but is made a laughing stock by readers.
Accepts stolen goods - at the right price
Manages to call himself a 'bonehead'.
Wires up a 9.5 kw sauna to a 30 amp cable when it could pull 43 amps.
Claims there is nowhere to display a registration number on a push bike,
then provides several examples of how it can be done.
Believes he is able to metabolise 24 units of alcohol overnight & be
sober in the morning.
Claims to have a Finnish Log Sauna forgetting that he has posted pictures.

University

Old April 21st 12, 07:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

"Wm..." wrote in message
]...

I'm of the opinion that if Simon had been doing the things his detractors
say he had done then he would have been fired ages ago.

I think what might have happened is that Simon said he did a whole lot of
things that he didn't.

I said that I voted 42 times for Mark Cavendish in SPOTY 2011 when I was at
work, when in fact I could not have voted even once as it was a premium line
and was blocked.

Some troll fell for the wind up, like it falls for a lot of bait I send it.

Still - it gave all parties concerned a big chuckle at the time. :-)
--
Simon Mason

hope for the other old folk Mrcheerful[_2_] UK 3 April 24th 11 12:37 AM
autocollections involve ferrari and mitsubishi cars zacksnakerz General 0 December 30th 07 06:10 AM
How far do folk cycle to work MIB UK 23 September 1st 05 11:28 PM
OT : Here's a puzzle for all you snowbound folk silangdon UK 25 February 25th 05 03:48 PM
what bike for the heavy folk Tony Raven UK 3 February 1st 05 07:50 AM