suspension seat post

Old April 4th 11, 07:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Lewis

Default suspension seat post

Who makes decent ones?

I have a bike I use to cycle along towpaths and the like so I like the
suspension seat post. Current one is OEM and now suffers from side to side
waggle.

I'd rather get a better one.

Mike Lewis

Old April 4th 11, 08:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven[_3_]

"Mike Lewis" wrote:
Who makes decent ones?

I have a bike I use to cycle along towpaths and the like so I like the
suspension seat post. Current one is OEM and now suffers from side to side
waggle.

I'd rather get a better one.

Thudbusters seem to get good reviews.

--
Tony
Old April 4th 11, 09:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Lewis

"Tony Raven" wrote in message
"Mike Lewis" wrote:
Who makes decent ones?

I have a bike I use to cycle along towpaths and the like so I like the
suspension seat post. Current one is OEM and now suffers from side to
side
waggle.

I'd rather get a better one.

Thudbusters seem to get good reviews.

Now there's a novel thing. I hadn't come across those before. Thank you::-)

Old April 6th 11, 09:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Lewis

snip

I've got a Post Moderne that seems to have lasted quite well, 3,000
miles and up with no visible play at all.

There's so many of the damn things, I eventually went with one I thought
looked nice :-(

Well that's a good reason. I also just ended up fed up with the choice so
decided I would ask.

Which model was it?

Old April 7th 11, 07:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thirty-six

On Apr 4, 7:48*pm, "Mike Lewis" mike-at-
wrote:
Who makes decent ones?

No such thing. Suspension posts are made for selling to people
without good wheels and saddle.

I have a bike I use to cycle along towpaths and the like so I like the
suspension seat post. Current one is OEM and now suffers from side to side
waggle.

I'd rather get a better one.

How, better?

Mike Lewis

Old April 12th 11, 02:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Lewis

wrote:
Who makes decent ones?

No such thing. Suspension posts are made for selling to people
without good wheels and saddle.

I suspect the seat I need would look like an armchair:-)

I have a bike I use to cycle along towpaths and the like so I like the
suspension seat post. Current one is OEM and now suffers from side to side
waggle.

I'd rather get a better one.

How, better?

So it does end up waggling side to side.

Old April 12th 11, 02:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Lewis

"Tosspot" wrote in message
On 04/06/2011 10:50 PM, Mike Lewis wrote:
snip

I've got a Post Moderne that seems to have lasted quite well, 3,000
miles and up with no visible play at all.

There's so many of the damn things, I eventually went with one I thought
looked nice :-(

Well that's a good reason. I also just ended up fed up with the choice so
decided I would ask.

Which model was it?

Sorry about the delay, I had to a) undo the the seat clamp and b) take
off the towing hitch. Anyway, one of these

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/post-moderne...mtb-seat-post/

A Post Moderne Bracer.

Thanks for that. I think they have been discontinued but the prices for them
suggest to me that a similarly priced post moderne would likely also be a
decent one.

Suspension seat post = sore feet? OzCableguy Australia 23 October 21st 07 01:59 PM
f/s suspension seat post rob UK 2 April 4th 05 12:39 PM
Suspension Seat Post for Road/Touring Mark Thompson UK 40 May 6th 04 11:50 PM
Suspension seat post adapter thingummy Mark Thompson UK 2 February 28th 04 09:23 AM
suspension seat post opinions bb General 4 October 21st 03 03:16 PM