Longo case

Old November 14th 11, 12:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ilan[_2_]

Default Longo case

I just read the article on Longo's appeal to the FFC against the AFLD
http://www.leparisien.fr/flash-actua...11-1708867.php
It's pretty shocking. First, the AFLD didn't follow their own rules
and made up some new ones: In 2008, they put Longo on a list where she
had to report her location, but that applies for only one year, but
they subsequently stated that they changed their mind and you're now
on the list until informed of the contrary. Then they did everything
possible to make it hard for Longo to report to the test. In
particular, she was in Durango for a couple of weeks and the test was
scheduled on the last day, which was the day before she had to leave
for France for the French championships. Moreover, they informed her
of this test by sending her mail in Grenoble when the rules clearly
stipulate that it has to be sent to the address where the athlete will
be tested. The result of the FFC hearing will show whether it is in
collusion with the AFLD.

-ilan
Old November 14th 11, 02:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

ilan wrote:
[...]

Perhaps she should h4x0r them.
Old November 14th 11, 04:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
--D-y

On Nov 14, 6:02*am, ilan wrote:
I just read the article on Longo's appeal to the FFC against the AFLDhttp://www.leparisien.fr/flash-actualite-sports/cyclisme-longo-plaide...
[...]

"They knew she was doping".

So, she said ****youIretire *and* she's appealing the bull****, or she
didn't say FYIR and she's appealing?
--D-y
Old November 14th 11, 09:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ilan[_2_]

On Nov 14, 5:41*pm, --D-y wrote:
On Nov 14, 6:02*am, ilan wrote:

[...]

She didn't retire, she rode the Grand Prix des Nations last month.

-ilan
Old November 15th 11, 11:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
A. Dumas[_2_]

On 14/11/2011 22:54, ilan wrote:
On Nov 14, 5:41 pm, --D-y wrote:
So, she said ****youIretire *and* she's appealing the bull****, or she
didn't say FYIR and she's appealing?

She didn't retire, she rode the Grand Prix des Nations last month.

I fail to see how that is relevant to his question.
Old November 15th 11, 01:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
BL[_2_]

On 11/14/2011 7:02 AM, ilan wrote:
[...]

She looks totally ravaged in the photo on cyclingnews' headline page.
Old November 15th 11, 02:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Flintstein

On 11/15/2011 7:20 AM, BL wrote:

She looks totally ravaged in the photo on cyclingnews' headline page.

Dumbass,

She always looks like that. She's spent most of the last 50+
years in the sun.

Old November 15th 11, 02:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
BL[_2_]

On 11/15/2011 9:13 AM, Fred Flintstein wrote:
On 11/15/2011 7:20 AM, BL wrote:

She looks totally ravaged in the photo on cyclingnews' headline page.

Dumbass,

She always looks like that. She's spent most of the last 50+
years in the sun.

I had the chance to ride with her briefly about 20 years ago. She didn't
look bad at all. It's more than just sun. Beryl Burton looked a hell of
a lot better at a comparable age. Longo should try drinking more tea.
Old November 15th 11, 03:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

BL a écrit profondement:

| On 11/14/2011 7:02 AM, ilan wrote:
| I just read the article on Longo's appeal to the FFC against the AFLD
| http://www.leparisien.fr/flash-actua...11-1708867.php
| It's pretty shocking. First, the AFLD didn't follow their own rules
| and made up some new ones: In 2008, they put Longo on a list where she
| had to report her location, but that applies for only one year, but
| they subsequently stated that they changed their mind and you're now
| on the list until informed of the contrary. Then they did everything
| possible to make it hard for Longo to report to the test. In
| particular, she was in Durango for a couple of weeks and the test was
| scheduled on the last day, which was the day before she had to leave
| for France for the French championships. Moreover, they informed her
| of this test by sending her mail in Grenoble when the rules clearly
| stipulate that it has to be sent to the address where the athlete will
| be tested. The result of the FFC hearing will show whether it is in
| collusion with the AFLD.
|
| -ilan
| She looks totally ravaged in the photo on cyclingnews' headline page.

If you've seen her close up anytime the last 20-30 years you'll notice
that she has always had that appearance and the make-up doesn't really
make too much difference,

--
Davey Crockett
Flying the Flag of the English
Old November 15th 11, 04:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

BL wrote:
Longo should try drinking more tea.

Orange juice is much healthier.