Landis verdict

Old July 1st 07, 09:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Landis verdict

From what I had read, I thought the verdict would be in in June. I'm
sure the panel is under pressure to announce before the start of this
year's(!) Tour, so I'm wondering whether the delay is due to their
leaning towards acquittal.

-ilan

Old July 3rd 07, 02:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
mal

I saw him tonight at a book signing.

He seemed quite confident, and not lambasting the labs or WADA, or the
process.

I can not see him being nailed.

Old July 3rd 07, 03:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"mal" wrote in message
. ..
I saw him tonight at a book signing.

He seemed quite confident, and not lambasting the labs or WADA, or the
process.

I can not see him being nailed.

My guess is that his lawyers are telling him that he has an almost
unbreakable civil suit if they take away his Tour win.

Old July 3rd 07, 05:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On Jul 2, 10:11 pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
"mal" wrote in message

. ..

I saw him tonight at a book signing.

He seemed quite confident, and not lambasting the labs or WADA, or the
process.

I can not see him being nailed.

My guess is that his lawyers are telling him that he has an almost
unbreakable civil suit if they take away his Tour win.

Okay, here's the movie outline for general consumption.

A Mennonite kid trains in sweat pants at night to be a bike racer,
unbeknownst to his folks. Wins races, works his way to the top.
Scandal - unjustified/justified (depending on the producer)
penalties. Lawsuits. He now owns the rights to the most famous bike
race in the world. Hilarity and joyful racing ensues.

If Matt Damon is doing the Lance movie, I'd have to go with Ben Afleck
(aka Box Office Death) as the lead and hope it does well on DVD and
cable.

Old July 3rd 07, 06:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

I saw him tonight at a book signing.

He seemed quite confident, and not lambasting the labs or WADA, or the
process.

I can not see him being nailed.

My guess is that his lawyers are telling him that he has an almost
unbreakable civil suit if they take away his Tour win.

Unfortunately, I don't know that the TdF ever officially considered Landis
the winner, and thus the civil suit might involve proving that he won rather
than keeping him from losing the title. If that's the case, it might be a
much tougher battle.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old July 3rd 07, 08:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jul 3, 12:09 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote:
I saw him tonight at a book signing.

He seemed quite confident, and not lambasting the labs or WADA, or the
process.

I can not see him being nailed.

My guess is that his lawyers are telling him that he has an almost
unbreakable civil suit if they take away his Tour win.

Unfortunately, I don't know that the TdF ever officially considered Landis
the winner, and thus the civil suit might involve proving that he won rather
than keeping him from losing the title. If that's the case, it might be a
much tougher battle.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycleswww.ChainReactionBicycles.com

what? Landis standing on the podium in paris, wearing yellow, holding
a trophy doesnt' count as being considered the winner?

Old July 3rd 07, 11:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 17:09:19 GMT, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:

I saw him tonight at a book signing.

He seemed quite confident, and not lambasting the labs or WADA, or the
process.

I can not see him being nailed.

My guess is that his lawyers are telling him that he has an almost
unbreakable civil suit if they take away his Tour win.

Unfortunately, I don't know that the TdF ever officially considered Landis
the winner,

They put him on the podium on the day the race finished.
--
JT
****************************
Old July 3rd 07, 11:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jul 3, 7:09 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote:

Unfortunately, I don't know that the TdF ever officially considered Landis
the winner, and thus the civil suit might involve proving that he won rather
than keeping him from losing the title. If that's the case, it might be a
much tougher battle.

Well, it might be a much tougher battle, but that'll be because his
testosterone positive is going to be affirmed by the arbitration
panel.

Old July 3rd 07, 11:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article t,
"Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote:

I saw him tonight at a book signing.

He seemed quite confident, and not lambasting the labs or WADA, or the
process.

I can not see him being nailed.

My guess is that his lawyers are telling him that he has an almost
unbreakable civil suit if they take away his Tour win.

Unfortunately, I don't know that the TdF ever officially considered Landis
the winner, and thus the civil suit might involve proving that he won rather
than keeping him from losing the title. If that's the case, it might be a
much tougher battle.

Dumbass: Remember that ceremony on the Champs Elysee? The one with the
yellow jersey and that stupid stuffed lion doll?

I'm sure it was on TV,

Old July 4th 07, 02:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Fredburger

Tom Kunich wrote:
"mal" wrote in message
. ..
I saw him tonight at a book signing.

He seemed quite confident, and not lambasting the labs or WADA, or the
process.

I can not see him being nailed.

My guess is that his lawyers are telling him that he has an almost
unbreakable civil suit if they take away his Tour win.

That almost makes me hope they DO take it away in the hopes that McQuaid
or Pound have to take the stand in the civil suit.

Rhyl verdict out Tony Raven[_2_] UK 97 July 2nd 07 09:44 AM
Print ad AUDITION: Verdict is in! MuniAddict Unicycling 13 February 25th 07 06:21 AM
VDB penal verdict Van Hoorebeeck Bart Racing 3 June 24th 05 02:00 PM
The timed verdict on the Raleigh X1 Lee UK 7 November 5th 03 01:03 PM