Council that fined girl, 5, for running lemonade stand slaps bikeshop owners with penalty for offering a free pump

Old August 3rd 17, 05:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_]

Default Council that fined girl, 5, for running lemonade stand slaps bikeshop owners with penalty for offering a free pump

On Thu, 03 Aug 2017 12:31:05 +0100, JNugent wrote:

On 03/08/2017 05:12, Bret Cahill wrote:

In many states fuel stations are required by law to turn on the vehicle air compressor for cyclists.

For free.

Is this the case anywhere in the UK?

No.

Filling stations are not even required to provide free air for real
customers.

The air compressor everywhere I've been is on all the time anyway. Air is not a costly resource, there is no need to switch it off.

--
If Russia invaded Turkey from behind, would Greece help?
Old August 3rd 17, 06:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peeler[_2_]

Default Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL), the Sociopathic Attention Whore

On Thu, 03 Aug 2017 17:53:05 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

Filling stations are not even required to provide free air for real
customers.

The air compressor everywhere I've been is on all the time anyway. Air
is not a costly resource, there is no need to switch it off.

LOL Driveling idiot!

--
More details from Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) sociopathic
"mind":
Old August 3rd 17, 07:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

JNugent wrote:
On 03/08/2017 05:12, Bret Cahill wrote:

In many states fuel stations are required by law to turn on the
vehicle air compressor for cyclists. For free.

Is this the case anywhere in the UK?

No.

Filling stations are not even required to provide free air for real
customers.

When I go into a filling station I'll spend about £40 and pay to top up the
pressure in my tyres if required.
A sponging poverty cyclist may spend 60p on a bottle of water and whine
about the price.
Thus, you are correct, cyclists are not real customers.

This reminds me to top up my washer bottle, I've drowned a few road lice
recently.

Old August 3rd 17, 07:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Thursday, August 3, 2017 at 7:12:02 PM UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
JNugent wrote:
On 03/08/2017 05:12, Bret Cahill wrote:

In many states fuel stations are required by law to turn on the
vehicle air compressor for cyclists. For free.

Is this the case anywhere in the UK?

No.

Filling stations are not even required to provide free air for real
customers.

When I go into a filling station I'll spend about £40 and pay to top up the
pressure in my tyres if required.

Maybe you should ask for an advance on your dole and buy yourself a pump, it will save you money in the long run.

Old August 3rd 17, 08:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

wrote:
JNugent wrote:
On 03/08/2017 05:12, Bret Cahill wrote:

In many states fuel stations are required by law to turn on the
vehicle air compressor for cyclists. For free.

Is this the case anywhere in the UK?

No.

Filling stations are not even required to provide free air for real
customers.

When I go into a filling station I'll spend about £40 and pay to top
up the pressure in my tyres if required.

Maybe you should ask for an advance on your dole and buy yourself a
pump, it will save you money in the long run.

Below is the post that you replied to.
Why did you snip the parts that upset you? Little snowflake that you are.
As for dole. I've been retired for over 5 years. 46 years full NIC.
What a stupid person you really are.

Old August 3rd 17, 09:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

wrote:
JNugent wrote:
[...]

So you admit you are sponging off the tax payers.

Old August 3rd 17, 10:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 03/08/17 12:32, JNugent wrote:
On 03/08/2017 11:03, TMS320 wrote:
On 03/08/17 00:13, JNugent wrote:
On 02/08/2017 21:01, TMS320 wrote:

Oh, I accept that the bureacratic mind has nothing to do with
rocket science. Rocket science is considerably less complicated.

If you don't understand administrative law (nothing necessarily
anything to be ashamed of), the best advice is: don't try to comment
on it.

Have you ever seen anything of mine that attempts to inform or explain
an issue of human manufactured law?

If most people don't understand the way of the bureaucrat, anybody can
damn well comment on it.

The bureaucrat does not make the law. He administers it.

The one that makes the law is a mortal person out of the same mould. You
may wish to separate the function but I choose not to.

Having made use of legal services over the years (employment, property,
bereavement), one is always left with the feeling that the law's primary
objectives are a) a job creation scheme and b) to make simple things
difficult. And I really cannot believe that in this day and age, with
all modern identity checks and so on, it is necessary to swear an oath
to get probate; it's pure, unnecessary theatre.

If you have a problem with the law (as many cyclists clearly do), your
only recourse is your MP.

That depends on whether the argument is actually to do with the law or
your interpretation of it - with the bile.

Old August 3rd 17, 10:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

wrote:
JNugent wrote:
[...]

Show us where I have said that.
Now, come along you little piece of ****, show us all where I have said that
I'm sponging from the tax payer.

Old August 3rd 17, 10:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

wrote:
JNugent wrote:
[...]

You said you were retired which means your pension is paid for by tax payers and cyclists are more likely to be high rate tax payers than non cyclists..

Childish name calling snipped

Old August 4th 17, 02:18 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

On Thu, 3 Aug 2017 11:50:34 +0100
Bod wrote:

The problem is the typical Gestapo approach by most council workers
and the general lack of common sense that they show.

That's a mighty big tar brush you got there.

OT cyclist fined after running a red light. doug UK 6 July 21st 17 03:29 AM
discount girl easter dress baby girl briggs washington state northface metropolis girl [email protected] Recumbent Biking 0 March 24th 08 12:37 PM
Lemonade drinkers John Hearns UK 27 September 25th 05 09:21 AM
Useful gadget for Trike owners - DIY stand from scrap wood (Swiftlet) Paul W Recumbent Biking 2 November 25th 04 09:00 AM
Melbourne Council wants to startup 'free bike' schemeikes flyingdutch Australia 15 March 3rd 04 04:41 PM