Looking for recommendations for a set of grips (Comfort, shock absorption)

Old August 5th 03, 08:59 PM
Sanjay Punjab

Default Looking for recommendations for a set of grips (Comfort, shock absorption)

I have a trek 820 and frequently after my rides my wrists are killing
me.
I want to replace my stock grips with some better ones. Please
recommend a set of grips with superior comfort and most importantly
shock absorption.
My bike is used for communiting, not racing or off-roading.
thanks
Old August 5th 03, 11:50 PM
Rick Onanian

On 5 Aug 2003 12:59:21 -0700, Sanjay Punjab wrote:

I have a trek 820 and frequently after my rides my wrists are killing
me.

I don't know what grips are good and which are bad; but
I can suggest cycling gloves and bar-ends. Bar-ends give
you more positions to put your hands, so you can constantly
switch around.

If your wrists hurt, you probably won't do better with
different grips, as it's probably a fit and position
problem. Do you feel like your wrists are bent too far,
and your hands are not in line with your forearms? You
may need a simple adjustment, bar ends, or just a change
in your position.

thanks

--
Rick Onanian
Old August 6th 03, 04:43 PM
Paul Bielec

You should definitively buy cycling gloves. A friend of mine had same
problem and wanted to change his grips but the guy at the LBS told him that
he should buy gloves instead. He did and the problem is gone.
I have both, the gloves and the bar-ends on my MTB. The bar-ends, in
addition to be a must on steep cross-coutry climbs, are very usefull on long
flat bike path rides as they allow me to position my hands differently when
I don't need to have them constantly on the brake levers.

om...