How to install shifter cable on Ultegra brake/shift lever?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 3rd 03, 01:02 AM
Kevin

Default How to install shifter cable on Ultegra brake/shift lever?

My rear derailer shifter cable broke at the front lever on a long ride
today. I bought a new cable and I have no idea of how to install the thing!
I'm fairly mechanically inclined so I want to learn how to do this. It's a
Ultegra brake/shifter lever. The shift cable inserts from the left side as
you are sitting on the bike. The local bike shop wants 10 bucks to install
these. Where can I find illustrated instructions on-line to replace it? I
have the very small printed info that came with the bike. They are
usless...

Thanks!

Kevin