Advice on buying used road bike

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 5th 03, 09:31 PM
Michael S. Moorhead

Default Advice on buying used road bike

Hello,

A friend and I have been taking longer and longer weekend rides on our
hybrid and mountain bikes and have been contemplating buying used road bikes
during the off-season.

When is the best time of year and where should we be looking for used bikes?

How old is old? Does quality fade off dramatically after 5 years or so?

About what could one ask for ~$300?

I know these are very general questions, but your advice and any suggestions
are welcome.

Thanks,

Mike Moorhead