4th Annual Break the Gridlock Conference [Chicago]

Old October 7th 03, 03:27 AM
Robert J. Matter

Default 4th Annual Break the Gridlock Conference [Chicago]

Break the Gridlock:
Overcoming Car Dependency

Our fourth annual conference bringing together transportation
advocates, planners, and policymakers to create a sustainable
and equitable Chicago transportation system

Saturday, October 18, 2003
11:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Pulaski Park Fieldhouse
1419 W. Blackhawk St.
Chicago, Illinois

The Pulaski Park Fieldhouse is easily accessible from the
CTA Blue Line Division Street stop, #56 Milwaukee bus, #9
Ashland bus, or #70 Division Street bus.

Conference Speakers:

PAT QUINN
Lt. Governor of Illinois

"Grassroots democracy works best
when there is a healthy give-and-take
of ideas." --Pat Quinn

Pat Quinn has served the people of
Illinois - both as a citizen and public
official - for over a quarter century.
Since 1975, Quinn has organized grassroots
petition drives that have garnered more
than 4 million signatures for consumer
protection laws, tax reform, and giving
citizens a stronger voice in government.

TED WHITE
Filmmaker

An award-winning San Francisco film and
videomaker (Return of the Scorcher, We
Are Traffic) for over fifteen years, Ted
White has for the last several years
focused on creating documentaries which
promote transportation alternatives with
an emphasis on bicycles.

Ted White's lecture/presentation "Traffic
Calming and Beyond: Changing the Mindset"
features excerpts from his upcoming video
on traffic calming, mixed use development
and bike paths.

He will also discuss ways to address the
divide between car culture and bike culture.

Plus:

-Review of BTG Action Areas
* Campaign for a Free and Clear Lakefront
* Chicago Blueways
* Cycling Sisters
* Bike Winter
* Ban Car Alarms
* Zoning for Transportation Equity Coalition
* Gray Line
* Friends of the Bloomingdale Trail

-After-Conference Social at The Handlebar,
2311 W. North Ave., Chicago

To Register:

Send your check for $10 to

Break the Gridlock
1573 N. Milwaukee #447
Chicago, IL 60622-2009

Pre-register online at
http://www.breakthegridlock.org

Registration at the door is $15.

*** Complimentary lunch included for all registrants! ***

Break the Gridlock is an umbrella organization
which empowers activists to work for a sane,
sensible, and sustainable transportation policy.
Our efforts are directed toward community outreach
and education as well as making our voice heard by
those who make policy.

http://www.breakthegridlock.org

###