Favourite sports drink recipe?

Old July 20th 03, 11:57 PM
GRL

Default Favourite sports drink recipe?

Not really a home-brew (it's a mix), but my favorite is Crystal Lite in the
grapefruit flavor. Very refreshing and tasty. If I want calories, gorp does
the trick.

- GRL

"It's good to want things."

Steve Barr (philosopher, poet, humorist, chemist,
Visual Basic programmer)
wrote in message
Referring to another thread... :-)

What do you put in your homebrew (dunno if that pun is intended
sports drink? What's the secret for the ultimate cycling fuel?

--
Risto Varanka | http://www.helsinki.fi/~rvaranka/hpv/hpv.html
varis at no spam please iki fi

Old July 21st 03, 04:32 AM
one of the six billion

I use organic white grape juice diluted with water. It works real well,
tastes great and it's real food!

Old July 21st 03, 04:41 PM
Scott Munro

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 23:52:26 GMT, Scott Munro
wrote:

I'm thinking about trying it without the Kool-Aid.

Actually, I like it better without the Kool-Aid. 3 tbsp. sugar and 1/3
tsp. salt per 24-oz bottle.

--
"Tradition means giving votes to the most obscure of all classes--our
ancestors. It is the democracy of the dead. Tradition refuses to submit
Old July 22nd 03, 02:43 PM
Larry Schuldt

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 15:59:42 GMT, Boyd Speerschneider
wrote:

Where can you buy pure dextrose in the USA?
All they have at the super market is sucrose.

TIA,

- Boyd S.

Sorry about the delay in replying. I had to wait until I went home to
look up where I bought it. It came from an outfit called Supplement
Direct. They have a web site at http://www.supplementdirect.com.
Currently an 11 pound container is $10 from them.

Regards,
larry
--
To reply by e-mail, be polite. Rudeness will get you nowhere.
Old July 23rd 03, 04:00 AM
George Shaffer

Uh...water and jelly beans...sometimes Lance's (no, not him) Toast-chee
peanut butter cheese crackers.