Tyler Hamilton is a big liar head

Old July 25th 03, 07:12 PM
Appkiller

Default Tyler Hamilton is a big liar head

Mark Hickey wrote in message . ..
(Appkiller) wrote:

Hamilton has been quoted as saying Ullrich was not going to wait for
Armstrong after the crash on Luz-Ardiden. But, as has been pointed
out to me by a number of people, Phil Liggett and an AP reporter in
NYC are better judges of what happened on that climb than he is, even
though Hamilton was there. And video is certainly better than the
statement of a rider in the race who was there.

I wonder why he would denigrate Ullrich's character so?

He never said that about Ullrich, and I'll bet you you can't come up
with a single reference quoting him that says he did. Read his quote
- he was talking about the rest of the field.

Of course, maybe you can explain how after Armstrong crashed the
entire field (including Hamilton) who had all be soundly dropped was
instantly able to bridge the significant gap to the now-accelerating
Ullrich who had put the hammer down and was trying to ride away from
Lance? Yeah, THAT makes sense.

I bet he's lying about the collarbone too. The *******.

Whatever, Mr. Troll.

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame

Mark:

"LUZ-ARDIDEN, France (Reuters) - Overall leader Lance Armstrong had
former team mate Tyler Hamilton to thank for his victory on the 15th
stage of the Tour de France Monday.

Hamilton slowed down the favorites group, which included second-placed
German Jan Ullrich, after the defending champion crashed on the climb
to the finish.

Armstrong had just counter-attacked behind Iban Mayo when he appeared
to get a spectator's bag snagged in his brake lever, bringing himself
and the Basque rider crashing to the ground.

"There's an unwritten rule in cycling that when the yellow jersey
crashes or has a mechanical (problem) you wait for him," said
Hamilton, who was Armstrong's right-hand man at U.S. Postal until he
left the team at the end of 2001.

"I didn't feel like the riders were waiting and I felt a
responsibility to go to the front and make a hand gesture to slow
down...."

Yes, Mark, you are right, he didn't mention Ullrich by name. But
Ullrich was in the referenced group that the direct quote in the
Reuters article refers to. I take it that your contention is that
Ullrich was not physically present in the group slowed by Hamilton?.

This post was intended as sarcasm in response to "hunrobe the
penishead" who has doggedly ignored the statements of a rider who was
there with a bias toward seeing how much rage he can engender by
ignoring the realities of news reporting. That final comment about
Hamilton's collarbone was intended to be a sarcastic exclamation point
to the entire posting. If you examine my original post, I
congratulated Hamilton on his courage (wrt his collarbone) and
sportsmanship (wrt his concern for maintaining the chivalry of the
tour) and that was NOT intended to be sarcastic.

Whatever, Mr. Misinterpretation.

Mr. Troll.
Old July 25th 03, 09:53 PM
archer

In article ,
says...
(Appkiller) wrote:

[...]

Explain then how AFTER Ullrich had dropped everyone else (with
Armstrong and Mayo) soundly, Hamilton found himself almost immediately
AHEAD of Ullrich if he WASN'T waiting. The move by the top three was
decisive and no one was going to hold their wheels. It's clear (from
the video, from the interviews) that Ullrich did indeed wait. Trying
to read that he didn't into the above excerpt, AND ignoring the fact
that had Ullrich really put the hammer down, no one would have caught
him, much less the entire group he had just dropped like a rock.

He hadn't dropped them; he was just behind Mayo; if you watch the video,
you can see him dodging to the left to avoid the crash. If you mean that
those 3 had dropped the rest, then you are correct.

--
David Kerber
An optimist says "Good morning, Lord." While a pessimist says "Good