Mini Pump

Old August 13th 03, 09:28 PM
Jiyang Chen

Default Mini Pump

I'm looking to buy a mini pump that is small enough to fit in a jersey
pocket or a saddle bag and be able to pump up to 100 psi. Would you
recommend a CO2 or a regular one? What brand and model? I'm looking for
reliability and ease of use.

Thanks,
Jiyang Chen

Old August 13th 03, 09:42 PM
Rick Onanian

On 13 Aug 2003 20:28:17 GMT, Jiyang Chen wrote:
I'm looking to buy a mini pump that is small enough to fit in a jersey
pocket or a saddle bag and be able to pump up to 100 psi. Would you
recommend a CO2 or a regular one? What brand and model? I'm looking for
reliability and ease of use.

Everybody is going to tell you how terrible
one is and how great the other is.

Why not both?
http://www.innovationsaz.com/INmain....egor y=hybrid

Thanks,
Jiyang Chen

--
Rick Onanian
Old August 14th 03, 02:40 AM
Tud

Jiyang Chen wrote...
I'm looking to buy a mini pump that is small enough to fit in a jersey
pocket or a saddle bag and be able to pump up to 100 psi. Would you
recommend a CO2 or a regular one? What brand and model? I'm looking for
reliability and ease of use.

I think Zoot Katz has a small one, I believe he keeps it up his ass.

Thanks,
Jiyang Chen

Tud

Old August 14th 03, 03:12 AM
Mark Jones

"Jiyang Chen" wrote in message
I'm looking to buy a mini pump that is small enough to fit in a jersey
pocket or a saddle bag and be able to pump up to 100 psi. Would you
recommend a CO2 or a regular one? What brand and model? I'm looking for
reliability and ease of use.

I would suggest a regular one. I don't like the idea
of running out of CO2 right when I need it most.

Old August 14th 03, 03:29 AM
Ryan Fisher

"Jiyang Chen" wrote in message
I'm looking to buy a mini pump that is small enough to fit in a jersey
pocket or a saddle bag and be able to pump up to 100 psi. Would you
recommend a CO2 or a regular one? What brand and model? I'm looking for
reliability and ease of use.

Thanks,
Jiyang Chen

crank brothers makes a very good, compact size pump that will pump up to 100
+ easily and will fit entirely in a jersey pocket.

Old August 14th 03, 10:06 AM
Raoul Duke

"Rick Onanian" wrote in message
news
Why not both?

An excellent suggestion. When I ride for longer than a few blocks I always
carry a mini pump, a CO 2 pump with a couple of cartridges, a spare tube,
patch kit and a tool kit.

This is the absolute minimum I will go anywhere with.

Dave

Old August 14th 03, 11:33 PM
Pete

"Raoul Duke" wrote in message

"Rick Onanian" wrote in message
news
Why not both?

An excellent suggestion. When I ride for longer than a few blocks I

always
carry a mini pump, a CO 2 pump with a couple of cartridges, a spare tube,
patch kit and a tool kit.

This is the absolute minimum I will go anywhere with.

Dave

Damn. I have a mini pump, and *either* a spare tube (usually) or a patch
set. And tools of course.

How many punctures do you usually get at once?

Pete

Old August 15th 03, 12:49 AM
Raoul Duke

"Pete" wrote in message

How many punctures do you usually get at once?

Usually, none. However since it is entirely possible to get more than one
flat, especially on a long ride, I like to prepare for it.

Dave

Old August 15th 03, 12:51 AM
Mark Jones

"Jiyang Chen" wrote in message
Ok. I have decided I want a regular one because I don't want to run out

of
CO2, nor do I want to carry extra cartridges when I get 2 or more flats.

don't want to spend any more than $15 on one.

I bought a Blackburn pump, Tuesday night, for $14.95 and
it seems to work pretty good. It works with both valve
types so I can use it with both of my bicycles.

Old August 15th 03, 01:00 AM
Jiyang Chen

"Mark Jones" wrote in message
I bought a Blackburn pump, Tuesday night, for $14.95 and
it seems to work pretty good. It works with both valve
types so I can use it with both of my bicycles.

Where can I find this?

Thx,
Jiyang