Cycling and the Northeast blackout

Old August 15th 03, 04:44 AM
Roly Poly Man

Default Cycling and the Northeast blackout

I saw all the colossal traffic snarls on CNN, etc, during the
power blackout in the Northeast U.S. today.

Did anyone manage to luck out by biking, without any delays,
while their counterparts were stuck in cars? I wonder whether
bikes would have been a valuable commodity or whether they
would have been snagged by the gridlock, too.

RP
Old August 15th 03, 05:16 AM
Eric S. Sande

I wonder whether bikes would have been a valuable commodity...

I wasn't there today but I've been in similar situations. I'd
say a bicycle is almost always a good thing to have in one of
your basic mass urban exodus scenarios.

--

_______________________ALL AMIGA IN MY MIND_______________________
------------------"Buddy Holly, the Texas Elvis"------------------
Old August 15th 03, 05:58 AM
Zoot Katz

Fri, 15 Aug 2003 00:16:15 -0400, ,
"Eric S. Sande" wrote:

I wonder whether bikes would have been a valuable commodity...

I wasn't there today but I've been in similar situations. I'd
say a bicycle is almost always a good thing to have in one of
your basic mass urban exodus scenarios.

They should be part every civilian's Homeland Security survival plan.
--
zk
Old August 15th 03, 06:14 AM
Eric S. Sande

I wonder whether bikes would have been a valuable commodity...

I wasn't there today but I've been in similar situations. I'd
say a bicycle is almost always a good thing to have in one of
your basic mass urban exodus scenarios.

They should be part every civilian's Homeland Security survival
plan.

Yeah, I hear you can get some good ones from Canada.

--

_______________________ALL AMIGA IN MY MIND_______________________
------------------"Buddy Holly, the Texas Elvis"------------------
Old August 15th 03, 06:31 AM
Zoot Katz

Fri, 15 Aug 2003 01:14:21 -0400, , "Eric
S. Sande" wrote:

I wonder whether bikes would have been a valuable commodity...

I wasn't there today but I've been in similar situations. I'd
say a bicycle is almost always a good thing to have in one of
your basic mass urban exodus scenarios.

They should be part every civilian's Homeland Security survival
plan.

Yeah, I hear you can get some good ones from Canada.

You'll have to ask Fabrizio about that. I heard you've gotta know
somebody to get one.
--
zk
Old August 15th 03, 06:58 AM
Zoot Katz

Fri, 15 Aug 2003 01:38:58 -0400, , "Eric
S. Sande" wrote:

I wonder whether bikes would have been a valuable commodity...

I wasn't there today but I've been in similar situations. I'd
say a bicycle is almost always a good thing to have in one of
your basic mass urban exodus scenarios.

They should be part every civilian's Homeland Security survival
plan.

Yeah, I hear you can get some good ones from Canada.

You'll have to ask Fabrizio about that. I heard you've gotta know
somebody to get one.

Well, I know Tyler Hamilton's sister.

Wow, in that case, Fab might offer you two of 'em for her!
--
zk
Old August 15th 03, 07:14 AM
Eric S. Sande

I wonder whether bikes would have been a valuable commodity...

I wasn't there today but I've been in similar situations. I'd
say a bicycle is almost always a good thing to have in one of
your basic mass urban exodus scenarios.

They should be part every civilian's Homeland Security survival
plan.

Yeah, I hear you can get some good ones from Canada.

You'll have to ask Fabrizio about that. I heard you've gotta know
somebody to get one.

Well, I know Tyler Hamilton's sister.

Wow, in that case, Fab might offer you two of 'em for her!

I was figuring to trade you her email address for a Cervélo.

--

_______________________ALL AMIGA IN MY MIND_______________________
------------------"Buddy Holly, the Texas Elvis"------------------
Old August 15th 03, 07:24 AM
Zoot Katz

Fri, 15 Aug 2003 02:14:46 -0400, , "Eric
S. Sande" wrote:

I wonder whether bikes would have been a valuable commodity...

I wasn't there today but I've been in similar situations. I'd
say a bicycle is almost always a good thing to have in one of
your basic mass urban exodus scenarios.

They should be part every civilian's Homeland Security survival
plan.

Yeah, I hear you can get some good ones from Canada.

You'll have to ask Fabrizio about that. I heard you've gotta know
somebody to get one.

Well, I know Tyler Hamilton's sister.

Wow, in that case, Fab might offer you two of 'em for her!

I was figuring to trade you her email address for a Cervélo.

Fab might swing a deal on an old CAAD 4.
--
zk