Tire recommendation??

Old July 14th 03, 05:38 PM
Paul Southworth

Default Tire recommendation??

In article cNkQa.53857$ye4.39968@sccrnsc01, Rich wrote:
My wife and I both have Schwinn Mesa Runner mountain bikes
that need to have their tires replaced. The ones that are on there
right now are labeled CST 26 x 1.5.

We don't do any off road riding...most of our riding is on asphault.
Could someone recommend a replacement tire and perhaps an
online source to purchase?

Here's a smooth one for on-road use -

http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?sku=1891

Something like this might handle a little better on the occasional
gravel road -

http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?sku=1966

You could run a variety of tire sizes on that bike, pick a larger one
if you are heavy or want a less bumpy ride.

--Paul