OS Map Misprint

Old August 8th 03, 09:40 AM
Richard Bates

Default OS Map Misprint

Have been roughly planning a roughly flexible rough itinerary for
pootling around Norfolk. I am mostly going to follow NCN1 (with
occasional detours for sightseeing/food/pretending I didn't get lost).

I was looking at OS Landranger 130
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap...316550&A=Y&Z=4
It seems the printers have forgotten to put in the contour lines!

Love and Fens from Rich x

--
If ingnorance is bliss then I am the erm er
luckiest thingy in the whatchamacallit.
Old August 8th 03, 10:34 AM
Bryan

Richard Bates wrote:
Have been roughly planning a roughly flexible rough itinerary for
pootling around Norfolk. I am mostly going to follow NCN1 (with
occasional detours for sightseeing/food/pretending I didn't get lost).
I was looking at OS Landranger 130 http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap-
.dll?G2M?X=516550&Y=316550&A=Y&Z=4http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.-
dll?G2M?X=516550&Y=316550&A=Y&Z=4 It seems the printers have forgotten
to put in the contour lines!
Love and Fens from Rich x
--
If ingnorance is bliss then I am the erm er luckiest thingy in the
whatchamacallit. To mail me, change the obvious bit to richard

Must be a misprint as we keep being told that Norfolk has plenty of
hills :-) (ducks paving slab)

Bryan

Old August 8th 03, 10:37 AM
Jim Price

Richard Bates wrote:

Have been roughly planning a roughly flexible rough itinerary for
pootling around Norfolk. I am mostly going to follow NCN1 (with
occasional detours for sightseeing/food/pretending I didn't get lost).

I was looking at OS Landranger 130
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap...316550&A=Y&Z=4
It seems the printers have forgotten to put in the contour lines!

Rumour has it the area used to be completely covered in paving slabs...

--
Jim Price

http://www.jimprice.dsl.pipex.com

Old August 8th 03, 11:11 AM
Richard Bates

On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 10:37:13 +0100, Jim Price in
wrote:

Richard Bates wrote:

Have been roughly planning a roughly flexible rough itinerary for
pootling around Norfolk. I am mostly going to follow NCN1 (with
occasional detours for sightseeing/food/pretending I didn't get lost).

I was looking at OS Landranger 130
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap...316550&A=Y&Z=4
It seems the printers have forgotten to put in the contour lines!

Rumour has it the area used to be completely covered in paving slabs...

OS now do a series of "Roman Maps". I looked at the copy in Ottakars,
and there were indeed once two neighbouring settlements in that region
named "Slabus Pavine" and "Slabus Faerinium".
Old August 8th 03, 11:23 AM
Dave Larrington

Bryan wrote:

Must be a misprint as we keep being told that Norfolk has plenty of
hills :-) (ducks paving slab)

Could have something to do with Richard's link pointing to somewhere which
can only accurately be described as "Lincolnshire"...

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

Old August 8th 03, 07:50 PM
Fraggle

Andy Todd wrote in
:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/1600225.stm

http://streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=...=483050,422050
&st=4&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf

Fragg
Old August 8th 03, 11:23 PM
Nick Kew

In article , one of infinite monkeys
at the keyboard of Richard Bates wrote:

*Cough* I did GCSE's:

'I se'e standard's hav'e slippe'd. O'r di'd yo'u fai'l Englis'h?

(sorry, couldn't resist - given the thread title. IGMC).

--
Axis of Evil: Whose economy needs ever more wars?
Arms Exports $bn: USA 14.2, UK 5.1, vs France 1.5, Germany 0.8
Old August 8th 03, 11:43 PM
Fraggle

Gonzalez wrote in
: