Right/Wrong way riding for survival.

Old February 4th 09, 03:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default Right/Wrong way riding for survival.

Tom Sherman wrote:

" (who?) anonymously wrote:

SMS wrote:

Neil Brooks wrote:

Any chance you'll be getting a life soo, Dan??

This humping Baka bit is getting older than the Sornson-humping-Jobst-
Brandt bit.

Whatcha' think? Almost done??
The Baka basher-losers entered most people's kill-files long ago.

Which is a good thing. Nobody should have to read things that
don't interest them, but insisting that someone not post those
things when you have a perfectly good killfile available to
you is a clear case of forcing your preferences upon others.

We Bash Bill Baka so that nobody gets hurt by following his
bad advice about things like getting medical tests or riding
against traffic. And because it is fun watching him bluster
and threaten us with a visit from the "Internet Police."

We do not need some person who will not put his/her name to a post to
tell us whether Baka's posts are sensible or not.

Which part of

"Nobody should have to read things that they don't want to read
but insisting that someone not post those things when you have a
perfectly good killfile available to you is a clear case of forcing
your preferences upon others."

are you having trouble understanding?

If you do not feel the need for a person to tell you whether Baka's
posts are sensible or not, Thunderbird has a perfectly good killfile
that will make those posts invisible to you. What you seem to want
is to make that decision for everyone else, is a clear case of
forcing your preferences upon others. I am fully aware that many here
have no use for my posts and the posts of a few others here, but I
also know that I apprecuiate and enjoy Dan C's posts and I am pretty
sure that he enjoys mine. You have a killfile. I suggest that you use
it and stop whining and trying to control other people.

I now will make all future complaints by you disapear:

*PLONK*.

See how easy that was? (No need to bother answering - I won't
see any reply that you post.)

As for "some person who will not put his/her name to a post",
Bill Baka has made a number of death threats and other threats
of physical violence. I *think* he is just a coward blowing
smoke, but why take the chance of him being that one in a
million who carries out his threats?

BTW, it's not that hard to figure out who I am. Just do a
newsgroup search on my email:
http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...=100&scoring=d

Old February 4th 09, 04:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bill

Tom Sherman wrote:
We do not need some person who will not put his/her name to a post to
tell us whether Baka's posts are sensible or not.

As much as you hate my riding style it did serve me well for a bit over
25 miles yesterday, Thursday to me. I found that when on the left in a
no shoulder situation most people would return a wave, something that
can't be done on the right. When there was a bicycle lane on the right,
that is where I rode, and sometimes the bicycle lane was on the left
side, and many places no lane at all. Only in the dangerous areas did I
ride on the left and only got a bad reaction from a Harley rider who,
like all others, just had to give it more gas as he passed me. I have
learned that no matter which way a Harley is coming to cover my ear on
that side. I had an 'ungraceful' dismount while trying to make too tight
a u-turn in a driveway stub that was never finished and just lay there
on my back playing with the features on my new cell phone. While there
about 5 cars passed me and I held up one hand with a thumbs up to
indicate I was OK, but the one guy on a motorcycle actually stopped and
made a u-turn to check and we wound up BS'ing for about 5 minutes. It
did come up that us 2 wheeled types stick together motor or pedal power,
and he left with a smile, just like he left me. The best pictures I got
yesterday were of a goat that came up to me and liked getting petted
between his rather large horns. A few scenery shots, but not much more.
Good first spring ride to the country.
Bill Baka
Old February 4th 09, 10:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bill

PatTX wrote:
Dan C wrote:
:: On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 17:58:11 -0800, wrote:
::
::::: I voted for Obama, too.
::
:::: You are a bigger fool than I thought you were.
::
::: Bush has single handedly caused the next great depression.
::
:: Bull****. What do you think the "bailouts" and "stimulus bull****"
:: are going to do? Your kids/grandkids will be saddled with
:: Obamasiah's Trillion-Dollar spending spree, and they will be unable
:: to pay it. It will be a burden they will never get out from under.
::
::: Who's a fool?
::
:: You are, as all the other Dimocrats are. You're stupid, to boot.

Um, Dan, have you forgotten George Bush's two wars and the costs for those
debacles? Bush drove up the federal debt more than any other president. We
didn't put those wars of choice on a pay as you go plan, but borrowed
heavily....

Pat in TX

Hmmmm...
I accidentally seem to have started a political war. Pat is correct that
Bush is the cause of most of the world's problems right now and McCain
would have extended Bush'ism until the USA was totally bankrupt. I think
that 9/11 would never have happened if Gore had been elected, merely
because the Muslim/Islam world hated the Bush name for Bush seniors
massacre in Iraq. Personally, I voted for Arnold for governor of
California, just a matter of picking the best (least corrupt) candidate.
Bill Baka
Old February 5th 09, 01:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
SMS

Bill wrote:

I accidentally seem to have started a political war. Pat is correct that
Bush is the cause of most of the world's problems right now and McCain
would have extended Bush'ism until the USA was totally bankrupt. I think
that 9/11 would never have happened if Gore had been elected, merely
because the Muslim/Islam world hated the Bush name for Bush seniors
massacre in Iraq. Personally, I voted for Arnold for governor of
California, just a matter of picking the best (least corrupt) candidate.

California is virtually ungovernable due to the Republicans, something
Arnold finally has figured out. I voted for Arnie too, just because Phil
Angelides was just too much in bed with all the developers.

Unlike the federal government, states don't have the luxury of deficit
spending, at least they're not supposed to. Californian's keep voting
for more mandated spending programs, and keep voting to cut their own
taxes, so eventually the state will have to implode. With more and more
homeowners assuming their parents proposition 13 valuations on their
homes, yet sending their kids to public schools while paying $1000 a
year in property taxes on a $1,000,000 house, and with people buying so
many big ticket items on-line from out of state, and not sending in the
Use tax as required, there is going to have to be a radical change in
the way California structures its taxes in terms of sales, property,
income, as well as how they charge for various services.

Personally, I'd favor dropping the sales tax, increasing the property
tax deduction on state income tax to 5X the tax paid, then increasing
the income tax significantly to make up for lowering the other taxes. At
least the income tax is deductible from federal taxes, unlike sales tax.

In terms of how Bush and the Republicans screwed over the country in the
past eight years, we will not live to see a recovery from this. They put
us into a decline like what happened in Argentina.

By the way, Gore was elected, they just forgot to count all the votes.
Old February 5th 09, 01:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

SMS wrote:
Bill wrote:

I accidentally seem to have started a political war. Pat is correct
that Bush is the cause of most of the world's problems right now and
McCain would have extended Bush'ism until the USA was totally
bankrupt. I think that 9/11 would never have happened if Gore had
been elected, merely because the Muslim/Islam world hated the Bush
name for Bush seniors massacre in Iraq. Personally, I voted for
Arnold for governor of California, just a matter of picking the best
(least corrupt) candidate.

California is virtually ungovernable due to the Republicans, something
Arnold finally has figured out. I voted for Arnie too, just because
Phil Angelides was just too much in bed with all the developers.

I voted for him in the recall, too. I could not stand the thought of
Cruz Sleazeamante getting elected. His "Vote Democrat, for me" was vomit
inducing.

Unlike the federal government, states don't have the luxury of deficit
spending, at least they're not supposed to. Californian's keep voting
for more mandated spending programs, and keep voting to cut their own
taxes, so eventually the state will have to implode. With more and
more homeowners assuming their parents proposition 13 valuations on
their homes, yet sending their kids to public schools while paying
$1000 a year in property taxes on a $1,000,000 house, and with people
buying so many big ticket items on-line from out of state, and not
sending in the Use tax as required, there is going to have to be a
radical change in the way California structures its taxes in terms of
sales, property, income, as well as how they charge for various services.

Something has to give, soon. Arnold's job is becoming more of a baby
sitting job, stopping the fights between the Democrats and Republicans.
No matter how good a proposal is, nobody will cross party lines. As far
as California goes, it is getting what it deserves, ever since Wilson
allowed (promoted?) the lottery on the basis that the money would go to
the schools. Once the money started coming in, he said "The schools are
doing fine on the lottery money, so we can cut the budget and use the
money for something else.". I totally lost faith in state government at
that point.

Personally, I'd favor dropping the sales tax, increasing the property
tax deduction on state income tax to 5X the tax paid, then increasing
the income tax significantly to make up for lowering the other taxes.
At least the income tax is deductible from federal taxes, unlike sales
tax.

I don't know how well that would work. Maybe a sliding sales tax that
went up in percentages as the items went into the useless luxury items
category?
The other (unpopular) thing I would do is give tax deductions only for 2
children, and increase the tax for more children, so that those who
overburden the schools would have to pay for their excess children.
Population control by taxes? A whole new concept.

In terms of how Bush and the Republicans screwed over the country in
the past eight years, we will not live to see a recovery from this.
They put us into a decline like what happened in Argentina.

Great depression number two?? He has messed up the entire world's economy.

By the way, Gore was elected, they just forgot to count all the votes.

I watched the results over a steak dinner with a friend and we both
agreed that Bush would be a disaster, and that Gore actually won, but
some idiot chose to go with the electoral college. That may have held
water 225 years ago, but not today.
I just know we're going to get flamed for this, but....
Keep the faith.
Bill Baka
Old February 5th 09, 02:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

SMS wrote:
wrote:

The other (unpopular) thing I would do is give tax deductions only
for 2 children, and increase the tax for more children, so that those
who overburden the schools would have to pay for their excess
children. Population control by taxes? A whole new concept.

Be careful there. In some European countries their considering the
opposite, increasing taxes (their equivalent of our Social Security)
for those citizens that don't have enough (2) children.

6.5 billion globally isn't enough???

We don't have a population problem right now, we have the problem of
eight years of Bush and his cronies sucking the life blood out of the
country.

You will get absolutely NO argument from me. The only Republicans I know
drive tractors and talk slowly and with small words.

Is Obama sure he wants the clean-up job? On the one hand, people will
cut him some slack since they know he wasn't the one that got us into
this. On the other hand, the expectations of him being able to fix
things are way too high.

On the mark again. If he doesn't magically fix things in the first 100
days he will be called a flop, by the Republicans at least. Attack dogs
with no morals or intelligence.
Bill Baka