Three wheels on my wagon...

Old July 24th 09, 02:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Brooke[_2_]

Default Three wheels on my wagon...

On 24 July, 14:21, Danny Colyer wrote:
On 23/07/2009 20:59, Simon Brooke wrote:

Reviews of the trailer comment that the bag has only sewn, not welded,
seams and thus won't be waterproof. The co-op appear to have taken
that criticism on board and fixed it. I haven't had the bag out in the
rain yet, but the seams all appear to be welded and it looks
watertight. It's obviously not Ortleib quality, but it's well enough
made in a cheap'n'cheerful way.

Do you know whether they sell the bag separately, and if so, for how much?

I'll be very interested in hearing just how waterproof it turns out to
be. *I've been thinking for years about getting a waterproof bag for my
BoB Yak (BoB didn't do waterproof bags when I bought it). *If the
Edinburgh bag is waterproof /and/ significantly cheaper than the BoB
waterproof bag then I might order one.

I'll report back when I've tested it ;-) I don't know if they sell it
separately.
Old July 24th 09, 09:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Adam Funk[_5_]

On 2009-07-23, Tom Crispin wrote:

OK - I can understand that. A single wheeled trailer will be able to
tilt at quite an angle offsetting outward forces; a two wheeled
trailer is not designed to tilt at all, so any outward force needs to
be offset by gravity.

I had my four bicycle bicycle trailer topple over once, much to my
embarrassment and the amusement of the regulars outside the local pub.

Do you mean a four-wheel trailer? (To me "four bicycle trailer"
sounds like one attached to four bicycles.)
Old July 24th 09, 09:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Martin[_2_]

On 2009-07-23, Tom Crispin wrote:

OK - I can understand that. A single wheeled trailer will be able to
tilt at quite an angle offsetting outward forces; a two wheeled
trailer is not designed to tilt at all, so any outward force needs to
be offset by gravity.

I had my four bicycle bicycle trailer topple over once, much to my
embarrassment and the amusement of the regulars outside the local pub.

Do you mean a four-wheel trailer? (To me "four bicycle trailer"
sounds like one attached to four bicycles.)

I think Tom means this,

http://www.britishschoolofcycling.co...os/trailer.jpg

Which he has mentioned a few times here. Four bikes sit on the trailer,
which is in turn pulled by his bike.

Martin.
Old July 25th 09, 08:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Adam Funk[_5_]

On 2009-07-24, Martin wrote:

Adam Funk wrote:

Do you mean a four-wheel trailer? (To me "four bicycle trailer"
sounds like one attached to four bicycles.)

I think Tom means this,

http://www.britishschoolofcycling.co...os/trailer.jpg

Which he has mentioned a few times here. Four bikes sit on the trailer,
which is in turn pulled by his bike.

Interesting; I had never seen such a thing until now.
Old July 25th 09, 10:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Brooke[_2_]

On 2009-07-24, Martin wrote:
Adam Funk wrote:
Do you mean a four-wheel trailer? *(To me "four bicycle trailer"
sounds like one attached to four bicycles.)

I think Tom means this,

http://www.britishschoolofcycling.co...os/trailer.jpg

Which he has mentioned a few times here. Four bikes sit on the trailer,
which is in turn pulled by his bike.

Interesting; I had never seen such a thing until now.

Probably because there isn't 'such a thing' - Tom is a schools cycling
instructor and consequently sometimes has to move bikes to schools
where he's instructing. I think that thing is very much a one-off,
which I thoroughly applaud as not only does it solve a problem (moving
the bikes), it also acts as a practical demonstration that bikes
really can be used to get things done.
Old July 26th 09, 08:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Adam Funk[_5_]

On 2009-07-24, Martin wrote:
Adam Funk wrote:
Do you mean a four-wheel trailer? Â*(To me "four bicycle trailer"
sounds like one attached to four bicycles.)

I think Tom means this,

http://www.britishschoolofcycling.co...os/trailer.jpg

Which he has mentioned a few times here. Four bikes sit on the trailer,
which is in turn pulled by his bike.

Interesting; I had never seen such a thing until now.

Probably because there isn't 'such a thing' -

(That explains why I didn't understand what he meant.)

Tom is a schools cycling instructor and consequently sometimes has
to move bikes to schools where he's instructing. I think that thing
is very much a one-off, which I thoroughly applaud as not only does
it solve a problem (moving the bikes), it also acts as a practical
demonstration that bikes really can be used to get things done.

Yes, it's ingenious.
Old July 26th 09, 09:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nuxx Bar

On Jul 23, 8:59*pm, Simon Brooke wrote:
I've been boring on on this group for years

"Boring", quite possibly; "for years", no. You hadn't been a proper
contributor on this group for a long time until very recently, when
the prospect of censoring those who had scared you away with their
nasty, true, irrefutable statements which you don't want to be true
was tempting enough for you to return.
Old July 31st 09, 10:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin

On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 20:52:50 +0100, Adam Funk
wrote:

Yes, it's ingenious.

It's biggest benefit for me is that I can arrive at a school, with
bikes for children who either don't own a bike or whose parents cannot
organise their child to get to school with a bike, and my bike.

Five bikes in/on a car is not easy, and then there is the issue of
finding a parking space outside inner London schools.

Carry Freedom, the maker of my bicycle trailer, say that they could
make a trailer suitable to carry six bikes.
Old August 1st 09, 08:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Adam Funk[_5_]

wrote:

Yes, it's ingenious.

It's biggest benefit for me is that I can arrive at a school, with
bikes for children who either don't own a bike or whose parents cannot
organise their child to get to school with a bike, and my bike.

Five bikes in/on a car is not easy, and then there is the issue of
finding a parking space outside inner London schools.

Carry Freedom, the maker of my bicycle trailer, say that they could
make a trailer suitable to carry six bikes.

I guess these are made to order?

As I said, it's ingenious --- but rare, so I didn't know what a "four
bicycle trailer" was.
Old August 1st 09, 08:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin

wrote:

Yes, it's ingenious.

It's biggest benefit for me is that I can arrive at a school, with
bikes for children who either don't own a bike or whose parents cannot
organise their child to get to school with a bike, and my bike.

Five bikes in/on a car is not easy, and then there is the issue of
finding a parking space outside inner London schools.

Carry Freedom, the maker of my bicycle trailer, say that they could
make a trailer suitable to carry six bikes.

I guess these are made to order?

As I said, it's ingenious --- but rare, so I didn't know what a "four
bicycle trailer" was.

I called it a *four bicycle bicycle trailer.*

I agree - they are very rare, so unless you had read an earlier
explaination it is unlikely that you would have known what I meant.