Never broken a bone

Old September 26th 09, 03:22 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Wm...

Default Never broken a bone

I was thunking this evening.

I've never broken a bone or had a bone broken.

My nose has been messed up a few times but that is cartilage.

I'm mid forties and never had a broken bone in spite of doing some
fairly dangerous stuff over those years.

Am I alone?

--
Wm...
Old September 26th 09, 08:09 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Martin[_2_]

Wm... wrote:

I was thunking this evening.

I've never broken a bone or had a bone broken.

My nose has been messed up a few times but that is cartilage.

I'm mid forties and never had a broken bone in spite of doing some
fairly dangerous stuff over those years.

Am I alone?

Probably not, I know several people older than you who have never broken
bones. I read a year or so ago that on average people in the USA break
two bones in their lifetime.
One the other hand I have broken my leg once (distal fractures to left
tibia and fibia), my right arm once (proximal fracture to the ulna and a
small bone in my wrist), plus I think ribs on one or two occasions.

Martin.
Old September 26th 09, 08:52 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Rudin[_2_]

"Wm..." writes:

I was thunking this evening.

I've never broken a bone or had a bone broken.

My nose has been messed up a few times but that is cartilage.

I'm mid forties and never had a broken bone in spite of doing some
fairly dangerous stuff over those years.

Am I alone?

Clearly not doing enough dangerous stuff!

As a kid I broke my arm falling of a climbing frame. I broke the other
arm falling over getting out of the bath.

As an adult I've broken both thumbs (not at the same time) skiing. I've
broken my elbow (knocked off a bike). I've broken my leg (knocked off a
bike). I've broken a toe playing barefoot beach football. I've broken
my collar bone (fall whilst mountain biking).
Old September 26th 09, 09:55 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

"Wm..." wrote in message
]...

I was thunking this evening.

I've never broken a bone or had a bone broken.

My nose has been messed up a few times but that is cartilage.

I'm mid forties and never had a broken bone in spite of doing some fairly
dangerous stuff over those years.

Am I alone?

Until last week I had survived 51 years with no broken bones, but then I'd
settle for a broken bone rather than a coronary, stroke or cancer at my age.

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

Old September 26th 09, 11:52 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MatSav

"Simon Mason" wrote in message

"Wm..." wrote in message
]...

I was thunking this evening.

I've never broken a bone or had a bone broken.

My nose has been messed up a few times but that is cartilage.

I'm mid forties and never had a broken bone in spite of doing
some fairly dangerous stuff over those years.

Am I alone?

Until last week I had survived 51 years with no broken bones,
but then I'd settle for a broken bone rather than a coronary,
stroke or cancer at my age.

I've lived almost as long, also with no broken bones.

I rather like a .sig from another place:

"Quit worrying about your health. It'll go away in the end."

--
MatSav

Old September 26th 09, 12:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith M Smith

On Sat, 26 Sep 2009 03:22:22 +0100, "Wm...the lying ****wit"
wrote:

snip

Am I alone?

Of course you are.

Willy no-mates

--

British Medical Association (BMA)
View on helmets:

Several studies provided solid scientific evidence that bicycle helmets
protect against head, brain, severe brain and facial injuries,
as well as death, as a result of cycling accidents
Old September 26th 09, 12:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith M Smith

On Sat, 26 Sep 2009 09:55:12 +0100, "Simon Mason"
wrote:

"Wm..." wrote in message
]...

I was thunking this evening.

I've never broken a bone or had a bone broken.

My nose has been messed up a few times but that is cartilage.

I'm mid forties and never had a broken bone in spite of doing some fairly
dangerous stuff over those years.

Am I alone?

Until last week I had survived 51 years with no broken bones, but then I'd
settle for a broken bone rather than a coronary, stroke or cancer at my age.

Yeah but.

You wouldn't get "compo" sic for those would you.

Old September 26th 09, 12:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Passing Tyke

wrote:

I was thunking this evening.

I've never broken a bone or had a bone broken.

My nose has been messed up a few times but that is cartilage.

I'm mid forties and never had a broken bone in spite of doing some
fairly dangerous stuff over those years.

Am I alone?

I'm 53 and I've never broken a bone, not even a tiny one.
Old September 26th 09, 12:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Marc[_2_]

wrote:

I was thunking this evening.

I've never broken a bone or had a bone broken.

My nose has been messed up a few times but that is cartilage.

I'm mid forties and never had a broken bone in spite of doing some
fairly dangerous stuff over those years.

Am I alone?

I'm 53 and I've never broken a bone, not even a tiny one.

I'm 50 and I've broken bones in other people, does that count?
Old September 26th 09, 12:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

"Judith M Smith" wrote in message
On Sat, 26 Sep 2009 09:55:12 +0100, "Simon Mason"
wrote:

"Wm..." wrote in message
]...

I was thunking this evening.

I've never broken a bone or had a bone broken.

My nose has been messed up a few times but that is cartilage.

I'm mid forties and never had a broken bone in spite of doing some
fairly
dangerous stuff over those years.

Am I alone?

Until last week I had survived 51 years with no broken bones, but then I'd
settle for a broken bone rather than a coronary, stroke or cancer at my
age.

Yeah but.

You wouldn't get "compo" sic for those would you.

It wouldn't be worth it. Your health is far more important than money.