two-wheeled scum murdering pedestrians again

Old April 8th 11, 08:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_4_]

Default two-wheeled scum murdering pedestrians again

On 08/04/2011 07:17, Simon Mason wrote:
On Apr 8, 6:48 am, Tony wrote:
On 08/04/2011 06:29, Rob Morley wrote:

On Thu, 07 Apr 2011 21:15:33 +0100
Tony wrote:

On 07/04/2011 18:29, Tony Raven wrote:
...@r ocketmail.com
wrote:
On Apr 7, 3:46 pm, Sedentary IgnorantPopulist

Would you agree that the owner of a car has to pay a specific
tax/duty/ etc(s) to enable him to use the car on the road (forget
the exceptions)?

No, I use a Band A car where no VED is payable.

Would you agree that the owner of a bicycle does not have to pay a
specific tax/duty/etc(s)c to enable him to use the bicycle on the
road (forget the exceptions)?

No equivalent to VED no, but then they class as Band A if you did
want to classify them so it would be zero anyway.

Was the question to difficult?

Apparently the answer was.

Before I get jumped on by the pedants, I will reply again.

The answer was evasive, the question asked was not personal to him.
But he seems to agree that a bicycle owner/user does not pay.- Hide quoted text -

Here we go again.

See Janet in her car.
It's a band F car.
Janet has never paid a penny in VED, fuel duty or VAT on fuel,
repairs, insurance, MOTs, yada yada yada.
Janet's cycling husband pays all of it.

So 'someone' pays an extra tax in order for the vehichle to be used on
the road?

Therefore cyclist and bicycle owner, John pays all of the tax that
goes with owning and running a car.
The driver Janet pays nothing at all and never has.
Janet is, in the common parlance, a freeloading motoring scum who pays
nothing towards running a car.

You are starting to improve the reputation of short planks.

Old April 8th 11, 08:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_4_]

On 08/04/2011 05:49, Simon Mason wrote:
On Apr 7, 10:04 pm, "
wrote:
On Apr 7, 6:29 pm, Tony wrote:

...@r ocketmail.com wrote:
On Apr 7, 3:46 pm, Sedentary IgnorantPopulist
Would you agree that the owner of a car has to pay a specific tax/duty/
etc(s) to enable him to use the car on the road (forget the
exceptions)?

No, I use a Band A car where no VED is payable.

Oh dear, did I say you, no, I said the owner of a car.
Did I say forget the exceptions, yes.
Do you want to try again, or do you want to try another wriggle?

No point - it went over your head the first time.

Forget the "exceptions"?
There are two million of them!

Or 6% as intelligent people would see it. Which mean 94% aren't exceptions.

Look up the phrase 'vast majority' in your Osbourne dictionary.

Old April 8th 11, 08:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_4_]

On 08/04/2011 08:01, Ian Smith wrote:
On Thu, 7 Apr 2011,
On Apr 7, 6:29 pm, Tony wrote:

[possibly Thomas wrote, but I've scrambled the attributions]:
Would you agree that the owner of a car has to pay a specific
tax/duty/ etc(s) to enable him to use the car on the road
(forget the exceptions)?

No, I use a Band A car where no VED is payable.

Oh dear, did I say you, no, I said the owner of a car.
Did I say forget the exceptions, yes.
Do you want to try again, or do you want to try another wriggle?

Do you really think the answer to the question "Do you have to pay tax
to use a car for which you have to pay tax?" is a useful way to
advance the debate?

You could prove that no cyclists pays income tax: "Ignoring all the
cyclists that pay income tax, how much income tax does the average
cyclist pay?" Or you could prove that every motorist is properly
insured: "Ignoring the ones that aren't properly insured, how many
motorists don't have valid insurance?"

Classic Road Tax Denier wriggling like a worm.

In general, as a matter of principle, no you do not need to pay a
specific tax to use a car on the road.

In general you do have to pay Road Tax to drive a vehicle on the road.

For some particular cars, yes you do have to pay a specific tax to use
that car on the roads. As it happens there are more particular
examples that do than that don't, but since a large number don't it
cannot be a fundamental principle that cars need to have tax paid on
them.

For the vast majority of cars you do.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk
Old April 8th 11, 08:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_4_]

On 08/04/2011 11:52, Tony Raven wrote:
wrote:

so the majority of car owners pay road tax.

Probably but since none of them actually needs to, one must assume they are
happy to voluntarily pay that tax so they can drive a bigger more polluting
car.

Another classic road tax denier answer.

Like most things, yuu haven't really thought this out have you?

Old April 8th 11, 08:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_4_]

On 08/04/2011 12:03, Simon Mason wrote:
On Apr 8, 11:52 am, Tony wrote:
wrote:
so the majority of car owners pay road tax.

Probably but since none of them actually needs to, one must assume they are
happy to voluntarily pay that tax so they can drive a bigger more polluting
car.

--
Tony

Indeed. I pay £245 a year for the privilege and I hardly ever use it.
Is there a way of me getting a rebate for not wearing out the bit of
road that I am entitled to wear out, having supposedly "paid for it"?

Its called divorce.

Old April 8th 11, 09:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Matt B

wrote:

so the majority of car owners pay road tax.

Probably but since none of them actually needs to, one must assume they are
happy to voluntarily pay that tax so they can drive a bigger more polluting
car.

It's not necessarily bigger /or/ more polluting cars, as neither of
those are used as criteria for establishing the tax level.

--
Matt B
Old April 8th 11, 10:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 08/04/2011 19:56, Tony Raven wrote:
Tony wrote:
wrote:

so the majority of car owners pay road tax.

Probably but since none of them actually needs to, one must assume they are
happy to voluntarily pay that tax so they can drive a bigger more polluting
car.

Thank you for agreeing, the question of course was not about if they chose to pay it.

No it was whether they had to pay it. Nobody is making them use a Band B or
above car.

Wriggle alert

Thanks for the heads up. Let's hear you wriggle then.

Not me, but keep digging.
Old April 8th 11, 10:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven[_3_]

Matt B wrote:

It's not necessarily bigger /or/ more polluting cars, as neither of those
are used as criteria for establishing the tax level.

"Vehicle tax rates for cars registered on or after 1 March 2001 are split
into 13 bands depending on CO2 emissions. The amount you'll pay depends on
which band your car is in. The lower a car’s emissions, the lower the
vehicle tax payable on it."
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...le/DG_10012524

I expect you'll try to claim CO2 isn't pollution.

--
Tony
Old April 8th 11, 10:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

Tony wrote:
On 08/04/2011 19:11, Tony Raven wrote:
Tony wrote:

There are no exceptions - merely a tax rate of zero.

So in that case he pays zero ( one of the exceptions)

Why is it an exception? Is the zero rated band of income tax an exception
(hardly since it applies to everyone with income) or just a zero rated tax
band?
.

Good so you agree that the payment is a pre-requisite for using the
vehicle on the road (being allowed use the road0

No because for quite a few models of car there is no payment. Having a VED
disc is a prerequisite but it needn't cost you anything.

Wriggle, wriggle

The most honest exposition of your position yet.

Do you require a spade for your digging?
Old April 8th 11, 10:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Matt B

On 08/04/2011 22:10, Tony Raven wrote:
Matt wrote:

It's not necessarily bigger /or/ more polluting cars, as neither of those
are used as criteria for establishing the tax level.

"Vehicle tax rates for cars registered on or after 1 March 2001 are split
into 13 bands depending on CO2 emissions. The amount you'll pay depends on
which band your car is in. The lower a car’s emissions, the lower the
vehicle tax payable on it."
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...le/DG_10012524

I expect you'll try to claim CO2 isn't pollution.

It is not how much they pollute, it is their theoretical _potential_ to
pollute (well emit CO2) that dictates the tax rate. The amount that is
actually emitted during the year is _not_ taken into account. A band M
car is taxed at GBP460.00 even if it is kept on the road, but travels
zero miles (and thus doesn't pollute at all) in a year. Similarly a
band A isn't taxed, even if it travels 100,000 miles in a year and
pollutes a lot!

--
Matt B

The wages of the roadie scum on RBT Andre Jute[_2_] Techniques 17 April 23rd 09 11:10 PM
Patriots Confront Terrorist Neo-Con Leader - any here in Australia or just coward sheeple mass-murdering Nazi boy drummers? [email protected] Australia 5 October 5th 06 02:40 PM
Thieving Scum :-( Simon Connell UK 3 July 21st 04 10:54 PM
Vile Scum of the Day W K UK 40 December 5th 03 12:51 AM
dirty scum Temp3st UK 11 September 12th 03 12:04 PM