19 out of 50

Old March 28th 07, 11:01 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

Default 19 out of 50

http://www.wolfpackhustle.com/viewStory.php?storyId=532

Now if I can learn how to do a standing start better, I might give
those kids a run for their money.

JD aka Jeronimo (Jerome in Spanish)

Old March 28th 07, 11:10 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Scott Gordo

On Mar 28, 6:01 pm, "JD" wrote:
http://www.wolfpackhustle.com/viewStory.php?storyId=532

Now if I can learn how to do a standing start better, I might give
those kids a run for their money.

JD aka Jeronimo (Jerome in Spanish)

Might want to rethink your gearing. That combo you're running is big
for a flat 30 second race.

"Super kewl, dude!"

/s

Old March 28th 07, 11:26 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Paladin

On Mar 28, 4:01 pm, "JD" wrote:
http://www.wolfpackhustle.com/viewStory.php?storyId=532

Now if I can learn how to do a standing start better, I might give
those kids a run for their money.

JD aka Jeronimo (Jerome in Spanish)

Way to go Jeronimo! Sounds like a fun, crazy race.

CDB

Old March 28th 07, 11:32 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
MattB

JD wrote:
http://www.wolfpackhustle.com/viewStory.php?storyId=532

Now if I can learn how to do a standing start better, I might give
those kids a run for their money.

JD aka Jeronimo (Jerome in Spanish)

Nice job, racer boy!

Matt
Old March 29th 07, 12:23 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
G.T.

"JD" wrote in message
oups.com...
http://www.wolfpackhustle.com/viewStory.php?storyId=532

Now if I can learn how to do a standing start better, I might give
those kids a run for their money.

Nice job! You still beat a helluva lot of those kids, and kids they were.

Greg

Old March 29th 07, 12:26 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
G.T.

"JD" wrote in message
oups.com...
http://www.wolfpackhustle.com/viewStory.php?storyId=532

Now if I can learn how to do a standing start better, I might give
those kids a run for their money.

Oh, yeah, it looks like you beat a Fall fan by 1/2 sec. He was probably the
only other person over 30 there.

Greg

Old March 29th 07, 12:58 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

On Mar 28, 2:10 pm, "Scott Gordo" wrote:
On Mar 28, 6:01 pm, "JD" wrote:

http://www.wolfpackhustle.com/viewStory.php?storyId=532

Now if I can learn how to do a standing start better, I might give
those kids a run for their money.

JD aka Jeronimo (Jerome in Spanish)

Might want to rethink your gearing. That combo you're running is big
for a flat 30 second race.

I dunno. My start left a lot to be desired and I never got my left
foot in. Considering I have only been riding that bike for about two
months, there's still a lot of room for improving my strength on that
gearing. I was at top speed about a third of the way down the tunnel
and could probably drop that to a quarter of the way down.

That's the first time I raced a bike since 1997. Considering the
setting and those involved, it was obviously not a run of the mill
race and that's alright with me.

JD

Old March 29th 07, 01:02 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

On Mar 28, 3:26 pm, "G.T." wrote:
"JD" wrote in message

oups.com...

http://www.wolfpackhustle.com/viewStory.php?storyId=532

Now if I can learn how to do a standing start better, I might give
those kids a run for their money.

Oh, yeah, it looks like you beat a Fall fan by 1/2 sec. He was probably the
only other person over 30 there.

Greg

I wonder who was the next heaviest?

I was very impressed with a few of those riders, especially Troy.
That dude was by far the smoothest rider there.

JD not too serious to enjoy Ruination IPA pre-race

Old March 29th 07, 06:01 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
G.T.

On Mar 28, 6:01 pm, "JD" wrote:

http://www.wolfpackhustle.com/viewStory.php?storyId=532
Now if I can learn how to do a standing start better, I might give
those kids a run for their money.
JD aka Jeronimo (Jerome in Spanish)

Might want to rethink your gearing. That combo you're running is big
for a flat 30 second race.

I dunno. My start left a lot to be desired and I never got my left
foot in. Considering I have only been riding that bike for about two
months, there's still a lot of room for improving my strength on that
gearing. I was at top speed about a third of the way down the tunnel
and could probably drop that to a quarter of the way down.

Wasn't the 2nd place dude running 49x16? Kind of between your 52x15 and
the ubiquitous 42x15.

Greg

--
The ticket******* Tax Tracker:
http://www.ticketmastersucks.org/tracker.html
Old March 29th 07, 06:08 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
GeeDubb

"JD" wrote in message
oups.com...
http://www.wolfpackhustle.com/viewStory.php?storyId=532

Now if I can learn how to do a standing start better, I might give
those kids a run for their money.

JD aka Jeronimo (Jerome in Spanish)

I thought you loathed amateur racing.........

and what's up with the column heading of "women's division".....are you not
only a closet roady but...??? :-)

closest name in spanish for gary is jorge but don't call me george.....

JD racing.....wake me up, pinch me....tell me it aint so

George