OT - music

Old March 31st 07, 10:39 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
tower

Default OT - music

On Mar 31, 4:59 pm, "Zilla" wrote:
Cool songs, guitar and kb players have good licks, but need to be
recorded better (it's allmidrange); the singer has a full voice, but needs
to sing in tune better. AAMOF, the whole treble spectrum is missing
in the mix, maybe it's just the net.

Thanks...it may be the net but it's probably also some of the
recording. We were on a tight budget and the studio fit in that low
budget. The guy who mastered the recording mention some of the same
type of stuff. I'm the singer and what's strange is that we didn't
hear the pitch/tone stuff in the mixdown but then did afterwards.
Would love to go back and fix it but that's not in the budget. It's
getting some radio play locally and the goal was to make a recording
that might help us get better gigs and maybe someone to pay for a
better recording. Thanks for the feedback.
Drew

Old March 31st 07, 11:01 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

On Mar 31, 11:26 am, "tower" wrote:
she saw more
trails than many people on this board.

That's not saying much, especially considering what you see as the
degradation of this "newsgroup".

JD

Old April 1st 07, 12:28 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Zilla

"tower" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 31, 4:59 pm, "Zilla" wrote:
[...]

I don't know how much studios charge nowadays, but for around $2-3k
one can get a decent home studio PC-based recording setup; mics are the
key and decent ones will push it toward the $3k range.
get decent ones

Old April 1st 07, 01:36 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
tower

On Mar 31, 7:28 pm, "Zilla" wrote:
"tower" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Mar 31, 4:59 pm, "Zilla" wrote:
[...]

get decent ones- Hide quoted text -

This guy charges $25/hour which is very low. You're right on about the
mics, he has some good ones but the overall sonic quality of his
place, equipment, and expertise are good but not great. It shows in
the recording. On top of that, the shortness of time meant we did very
little in the way of overdubs, etc. We spent about $500 on the entire
recording.
Drew

Old April 1st 07, 01:41 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
tower

On Mar 31, 6:01 pm, "JD" wrote:
On Mar 31, 11:26 am, "tower" wrote:

she saw more
trails than many people on this board.

That's not saying much, especially considering what you see as the
degradation of this "newsgroup".

JD

Just making the point that she and I rode many trails in many
locations and she meant a lot to me, not put anyone down...of course
I'm not the expert you are...but few are.
Drew

Old April 1st 07, 01:54 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Scott G

Actually what I've heard so far is pretty cool. It sounds more Garth
Brooks to me than Ryan Adams, though.

....or maybe somewhere between Creed and John Denver.

Old April 1st 07, 02:29 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
▀Slack⌂

On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 17:54:30 -0700, Scott G wrote:

Actually what I've heard so far is pretty cool. It sounds more Garth
Brooks to me than Ryan Adams, though.

...or maybe somewhere between Creed and John Denver.

That's just wrong!
--
Slack
Old April 1st 07, 02:50 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
tower

On Mar 31, 8:54 pm, "Scott G" wrote:
Actually what I've heard so far is pretty cool. It sounds more Garth
Brooks to me than Ryan Adams, though.

...or maybe somewhere between Creed and John Denver.

That's exactly what we were going for!

Old April 1st 07, 06:42 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
G.T.

tower wrote:
On Mar 31, 7:28 pm, "Zilla" wrote:
"tower" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Mar 31, 4:59 pm, "Zilla" wrote:
[...]

It sounds just fine at that budget. Who did the cover art?

Greg
--
The ticket******* Tax Tracker:
http://www.ticketmastersucks.org/tracker.html

Dethink to survive - Mclusky
Old April 1st 07, 02:07 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
DP

It sounds just fine at that budget. Who did the cover art?

Greg
--

Thanks...I teach high school and one of my students did the cover art. You
like?

music amanda.gallacher Unicycling 20 June 2nd 05 04:01 PM
Music MERCYME Unicycling 26 April 30th 05 10:30 PM
Music on the go dailuggs UK 32 December 6th 03 01:13 PM
Music Rory UK 2 November 13th 03 10:14 AM