Attitude of fellow cyclists

Old February 17th 08, 09:07 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ekul Namsob

Default Attitude of fellow cyclists

Sir Jeremy wrote:

On 11 Feb, 12:25, David Lloyd wrote:

Oh, I forgot to say that at least this is an issue amongst cyclists.
When was the last time that a motorist waved at another, just to say
'hi' ? It just doesn't happen, does it?

It happens every day, we're a courteous lot, saying "Thank you" for a
small favour helps the day go around whether its waving a pedestrian
across a junction or letting someone out of a side road. Cyclists
never acknowledge though, I wonder why ?

It may be that you don't notice. I tend to acknowledge in whichever way
seems safe at the time. Sometimes I just raise my right hand from the
handlebar in a small salute, sometimes I grin a broad grin.

Cheers,
Luke

exile in Lancashire http://www.shrimper.org.uk
Old February 18th 08, 07:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Roger Merriman

Paul Boyd wrote:

On 16/02/2008 10:06, Roger Merriman said,

light weight then! ;-) the big cheap hybrid with marthon pluses big
paniers and a basket and yes i really do use all them. is 48lb without
my work gear and 55lb with.

Basket? Is that with or without front panniers? :-)

heh no fronts as of yet... i find the basket weighed doesn't make the
bike handle well.

roger
--
www.rogermerriman.com
Old February 18th 08, 07:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Roger Merriman

Simon Brooke wrote:

Roger Merriman wrote:

Paul Boyd wrote:

On 10/02/2008 21:37, Roger Merriman said,

40lb sounds rather light though?

Just weighed it - 44lbs, without lunch :-) It is a "Handbuilt
Lightweight Tourer", mind - a proper British Raleigh Randonneur. Bit
overkill for commuting, really!

light weight then! ;-) the big cheap hybrid with marthon pluses big
paniers and a basket and yes i really do use all them. is 48lb without
my work gear and 55lb with.

Jings!

More than twice the weight of mine, then, both sans work kit and with it.
About 22lbs without, about 25lbs with. I don't think I'd like to lug 55lbs
over the hill to work!

hills are done slowly and yes i do end up using the granny gear. this
said this is london so there is little in the way of that. it's a take
me home james bike, i spend a lot of my day on and off the bike.

this said in spite of it's weight it's not that much slower i tend to
pass the red light jumpers, within a short space of time. i've noticed
quite a few going click, click etc trying to clip in. possibly
attempting to not get left behind?

roger
--
www.rogermerriman.com