Wireless computer batteries

Old February 12th 09, 01:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
It's Chris

Default Wireless computer batteries

I'm going to post this question on r.b.tech too, hope no one minds...

I have a Cyclosport wireless computer on my MTB, and recently the
transmitter power cell (battery) decided to relocate to the great
hereafter. I thought that it used a regular photo cell, but when I tried
to install this in the transmitter I found that the original cell is of
a smaller diameter and the photo cell will not fit into the TX case.

Anybody here know what the U.S. designation of this odd size cell is
(assuming it's even available here)? And where I may purchase one?

Thanks in advance :-3)

- -
Compliments of:
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

If you want to E-mail me use:
ChrisZCorner "at" webtv "dot" net

My website:
http://geocities.com/czcorner

Old February 12th 09, 02:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
terryc

On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 19:45:21 -0500, It's Chris wrote:

I'm going to post this question on r.b.tech too, hope no one minds...

I have a Cyclosport wireless computer on my MTB, and recently the
transmitter power cell (battery) decided to relocate to the great
hereafter. I thought that it used a regular photo cell, but when I tried
to install this in the transmitter I found that the original cell is of
a smaller diameter and the photo cell will not fit into the TX case.

Anybody here know what the U.S. designation of this odd size cell is
(assuming it's even available here)? And where I may purchase one?

Everyone of those cells can be different. you really need the numbers off
the original cell. Uusally on the +/positive side.

Failing that, post your exact model of cyclometer.

Old February 12th 09, 03:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Brian Huntley

On Feb 11, 8:45*pm, (It's Chris) wrote:
(terryc) wrote:
Everyone of those cells can be different.
you really need the numbers off the
original cell. Usually on the +/positive
side.
Failing that, post your exact model of
cyclometer.

With the exception of the brand name, the print on the cell is
unreadable without a microscope. That's not an exaggeration, *I even
tried reading it under a desktop magnifying glass. How the Germans are
able to print so small is beyond me.

The computer model is a two year old CM-409.

Hope that helps.

*- -
Compliments of:
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

If you want to E-mail me use:
ChrisZCorner "at" webtv "dot" net

My website:http://geocities.com/czcorner

It looks like a CR-2032, a very common 3V Lithium 'coin' cell.
Drugstore price $5, or $1.25 (Energizer) at MEC, $0.50 for Rayovac, or
$0.33 or less for Chinese ones. Get the Energizer.
Old February 12th 09, 05:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

It's Chris wrote:
I'm going to post this question on r.b.tech too, hope no one minds...

I have a Cyclosport wireless computer on my MTB, and recently the
transmitter power cell (battery) decided to relocate to the great
hereafter. I thought that it used a regular photo cell, but when I tried
to install this in the transmitter I found that the original cell is of
a smaller diameter and the photo cell will not fit into the TX case.

Anybody here know what the U.S. designation of this odd size cell is
(assuming it's even available here)? And where I may purchase one?

Your best bet is probably Radio Shack.

Bill

__o | There are no Republican folk songs.
_`\(,_ |
(_)/ (_) | --Utah Phillips
Old February 14th 09, 01:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
PatTX[_2_]

It's Chris wrote:
::
:: The computer model is a two year old CM-409.
::
:: Hope that helps.

Chris, why don't you contact the Cyclosport company? They'd know; we're
guessing!

Pat