It's cycling, Jim, but not as we know it

Old July 15th 09, 04:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]

Default It's cycling, Jim, but not as we know it

I'm pretty sure that counts as a moped in traffic law, but ingenious
anyway.

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/urc | http://www.nohelmetlaw.org.uk/
simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken
Old July 15th 09, 05:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_2_]

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

I'm pretty sure that counts as a moped in traffic law, but ingenious
anyway.

Guy

Very interesting but also very expensive.I assume that the price will
fall considerably if it takes of(pun intended).

Bod
Old July 15th 09, 05:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nigel Cliffe[_3_]

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

I'm pretty sure that counts as a moped in traffic law, but ingenious
anyway.

As you cannie change the laws of physics, capt'n... its a motorbike/moped in
the UK.

The power output of the electric bits will exceed the electric assist
bicycle limit (which I thought was a harmonised EU regulation these days).

- Nigel

--
Nigel Cliffe,
Webmaster at http://www.2mm.org.uk/

Old July 15th 09, 05:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Rudin[_2_]

"Just zis Guy, you know?" writes:

I'm pretty sure that counts as a moped in traffic law, but ingenious
anyway.

Great copy there. Perhaps someone should tell the BBC that a regular
motorbike, electric or otherwise, incorporates a system that amplifies
the effort you put in by an infinite factor! Allowing you to accelerate
quickly and maintain high speeds with no effort!

Old July 15th 09, 05:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ben C

On 2009-07-15, Paul Rudin wrote:
"Just zis Guy, you know?" writes:

I'm pretty sure that counts as a moped in traffic law, but ingenious
anyway.

Great copy there. Perhaps someone should tell the BBC that a regular
motorbike, electric or otherwise, incorporates a system that amplifies
the effort you put in by an infinite factor! Allowing you to accelerate
quickly and maintain high speeds with no effort!

It may be a novel method of power control. I assumed all electric bikes
worked like that-- automatically multiply the effort so it's my lil' ol'
legs in, Lance Armstrong's out. It seems the obvious way to do it. But
they may mostly just have a push button for "on" or a slider or
something.
Old July 15th 09, 06:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_2_]

Nigel Cliffe wrote:
Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

I'm pretty sure that counts as a moped in traffic law, but ingenious
anyway.

As you cannie change the laws of physics, capt'n... its a motorbike/moped in
the UK.

The power output of the electric bits will exceed the electric assist
bicycle limit (which I thought was a harmonised EU regulation these days).

- Nigel

Yes,I think it's 15mph.

Bod
Old July 15th 09, 06:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Martin[_2_]

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

I'm pretty sure that counts as a moped in traffic law, but ingenious
anyway.

Not if it can do 50mph, mopeds are limited to 31mph. Also the concept of
how hard you pedal controlling the power of an electrical assist bike is
not new.
Old July 15th 09, 09:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_27_]

On Wed, 15 Jul 2009 16:55:53 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?"

I'm pretty sure that counts as a moped in traffic law, but ingenious
anyway.

Guy

Another forgery.
--
Guy
Old July 16th 09, 08:40 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave

"Bod" wrote in message
Nigel Cliffe wrote:
Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

I'm pretty sure that counts as a moped in traffic law, but ingenious
anyway.

As you cannie change the laws of physics, capt'n... its a motorbike/moped
in the UK.

The power output of the electric bits will exceed the electric assist
bicycle limit (which I thought was a harmonised EU regulation these
days).

- Nigel

Yes,I think it's 15mph.

Bod

A UK moped is restricted to 30mph and I think there is a power restriction
too.

This is definitely not a bycycle - it is very much like the 1960's moped
(that could reach near these speeds.

Dave

Old July 16th 09, 10:05 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave Larrington

In ,
someone tweaked the Babbage-Engine
to tell us:

I'm pretty sure that counts as a moped in traffic law, but ingenious
anyway.

If it can really do 50 mph, it's a motorbike. And if I wanted a motorbike,
I'd make Uncle Marvo an offer for the Mighty KAWASAKI.

--
Dave Larrington
http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk