Help - is it broken?

Old September 20th 09, 08:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Passing Tyke

Default Help - is it broken?

----- Reposted as I accidentally inserted it into a thread instead of
starting a new thread.---------

Ok, I admit it, my bike mechanic skills are lamentable, so please
don't be harsh.

My bike has a suspension seatpost. Today, I picked up the bike by
the saddle and the whole thing came out in my hand. When I tried to
put it back it just wasn't working, it wouldn't fit back in at all.
My question is, has something broken? There's a picture of the
seatpost he

http://www.zen132905.zen.co.uk/P9201021.JPG

Is this what a suspension seatpost should look like? It looks odd to
me.
Old September 21st 09, 12:16 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Martin[_2_]

Passing Tyke wrote:
----- Reposted as I accidentally inserted it into a thread instead of
starting a new thread.---------

Ok, I admit it, my bike mechanic skills are lamentable, so please
don't be harsh.

My bike has a suspension seatpost. Today, I picked up the bike by
the saddle and the whole thing came out in my hand. When I tried to
put it back it just wasn't working, it wouldn't fit back in at all.
My question is, has something broken? There's a picture of the
seatpost he

http://www.zen132905.zen.co.uk/P9201021.JPG

Is this what a suspension seatpost should look like? It looks odd to
me.

I think the seatpost should look more like this:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Po...st/5300001879/

and (not being an expert on suspension seatposts), it does look broken.
I thing that the bit at the bottom of your picture should be fixed
inside what looks like rubber bellows, and the whole unit should be
removable. If you could slot it back together, then it could easily just
come out again.

If you do buy a replacement, the post has to be exactly the same
diameter as your current post.

Martin.

What to do with a broken KH rim.... kington99 Unicycling 10 October 17th 07 09:27 AM
Broken Look PP 296 Jay Beattie Techniques 0 October 1st 06 10:56 PM
well its broken dorfman Unicycling 10 April 7th 06 11:58 AM
Broken: New KH 20" rim joe Unicycling 26 January 2nd 05 11:20 PM
broken uni UniManiac Unicycling 2 March 30th 04 03:44 AM