Road Discs

Old October 16th 17, 05:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

Default Road Discs

On Friday, October 13, 2017 at 3:04:56 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Friday, October 13, 2017 at 12:01:11 PM UTC-7, Doug Landau wrote:
On Friday, October 13, 2017 at 11:55:19 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Friday, October 13, 2017 at 9:19:06 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 10/13/2017 11:07 AM, wrote:
On Thursday, October 12, 2017 at 11:49:38 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 10/12/2017 10:24 AM,
wrote:
On Wednesday, October 11, 2017 at 10:52:20 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:

Solid axles are almost universal on all trains. I don't know of an
exception, although I expect someone will soon post one.

BART is a rapid transit system and they should not have been using 19th century technology.

Do you know what technology other cities' transit trains use?

As a mechanical engineer you're telling me you can't answer that? All of the rapid transit systems in the world have cars built in I think three assembly lines. They are all identical.

I notice you didn't answer the question.

You are growing curiouser and curiouser.

Frank: "Do you know what technology other cities' transit trains use?"

Tom: "They are all identical"

Frank: "I notice you didn't answer the question."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transp...zaLine1379.jpg

New York Subway system and all the rest are generally built by a German firm - Bombadier I think.

Why is it you do not know anything yourself and expect others to feed you information you could discover for yourself if you entire idea was to learn rather than bitch like a little whinny dog?

Bombardier is Canadian not German.

Doug - I know that but the Rapid Transit car division is in Germany if memory is correct. In any case - BART has gone through 4 upgrades now and they ALL have the same problems as steam engines - solid axles.

Because trains run so seldom it requires half a century for the rails to wear enough to require replacing. Rapid transit systems have trains running mere minutes apart.

I tried to convince they when I worked for BART but they know what they're doing. Derailing vehicles.

Tom: Well alrighty then. I still say Bombardier is Canadian not German.
Old October 16th 17, 06:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_2_]

wrote:
[...]

Apparently, even Trump knows that:
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...au-harper.html

Discs on the road. The Insider has his say Simon Mason UK 0 January 10th 12 05:46 PM
Road bike with discs and fender mounts? Gooserider General 7 February 3rd 07 12:54 AM
discs vs V brakes ODB Australia 31 October 23rd 06 08:37 AM
Discs shrieking. why? Ben Mountain Biking 6 December 1st 04 12:01 AM
new to discs - squeeky when wet ! Steve Walton UK 6 November 21st 04 02:46 PM