People are so nice when....

Old November 11th 04, 09:00 AM
demod

Default People are so nice when....

they are driving their beloved 4WD...

This afternoon as I was riding home in the rain and approaching an
intersection and a 4WD driver thought I should become one with the
gutter, so as to alert him (he obviously missed my bright yellow
jacket on the way passed) to my presence and him endangering it, I
rapped my knuckles on the rear quarter panel of his 4WD, in a friendly
fashion, to say HI! In hindsight maybe this wasn't the best thing to
do, maybe I should have let him squash me into the gutter.

Our little friend didn't seem to appreciate being woken up and decided
to stop, at which point I passed on the left. He then followed in hot
pursuit and honked his horn a couple of times, wound down the window
and started to verbally abuse me and tell me off for touching his
pride and joy. This ensued for 500 metres with other motorists giving
their support as they passed by honking at my new friend in his 4WD.
Most of the threats were the usual tirade of a mental midget, but the
one that I found most interesting was "I'll run you over and kill you"
charming and we only just met. Kill me because I touched his Toorak
tractor? sounds like a harsh punishment.

I passed up on his offer of stopping and settling it, as I was a
little tired of the abuse. Maybe I should have, but somehow I doubt he
was serious, I mean a motorist getting out of their cage in the rain??
ha ha...

Just to share the love, I may post further details of
where/when/who/description/vehicle etc if anyone is interested, I
mean, don't we all love it when we met someone so friendly and kind
that they drive next to use for 500 metres to have a little chat...
Next time I might introduce his 4WD to Mr Bar End, I am sure they
would like to become acquanted...

Enjoy the ride!
Old November 11th 04, 09:09 AM
TimC

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 at 08:00 GMT, demod (aka Bruce)
Just to share the love, I may post further details of
where/when/who/description/vehicle etc if anyone is interested, I
mean, don't we all love it when we met someone so friendly and kind

Yes thanks! I'd love to know so I can tell he's a nice friendly bloke
if I ever come across him.

Thanks!

Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.
-- Hamilcar Barca @ comp.os.linux.advocacy
Old November 11th 04, 09:11 AM
TimC

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 at 09:09 GMT, TimC (aka Bruce)
On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 at 08:00 GMT, demod (aka Bruce)
Just to share the love, I may post further details of
where/when/who/description/vehicle etc if anyone is interested, I
mean, don't we all love it when we met someone so friendly and kind

Yes thanks! I'd love to know so I can tell he's a nice friendly bloke
if I ever come across him.

Thanks!

Oh. And please to be passing on the details to the police. Whilst it
doesn't mean he'll get a talking to yet, it does mean that if they do
get a complaint regarding him in the future, he'll then be in hot
water. It won't be as pleasant as a nice ride through the
rain. Hopefully.

Speaking of which. I might want to go home now. Radar's not too bad.

Just because they are called 'forbidden' transitions does not mean
that they are forbidden. They are less allowed than allowed
transitions, if you see what I mean. --unk
Old November 11th 04, 09:30 AM
Alan Erskine

"demod" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Dja get his license?

Post it, so we all know who to say "Hi" to.

--
Alan Erskine
We can get people to the Moon in five years,

Old November 11th 04, 10:18 AM
cfsmtb

demod Wrote:
Just to share the love, I may post further details of
where/when/who/description/vehicle etc if anyone is interested, I
mean, don't we all love it when we met someone so friendly and kind
that they drive next to use for 500 metres to have a little chat...
Next time I might introduce his 4WD to Mr Bar End, I am sure they
would like to become acquanted...

Enjoy the ride!

Yeah, share the love around, click here,
http://ecofiles.org/driverdatabase/home.html

Kinda agree with Mr Bar End be coming nice & chummy with Mr Knob En
but hey lets keep it nice. :

--
cfsmtb

Old November 11th 04, 11:47 AM
fred nieman

cfsmtb wrote:
demod Wrote:

other people wrote interesting things:

Riding home from work some day 3 or so weeks ago, stopped at the lights
on Wellington Road, Collingwood, Victoria, south corner of Wellington
and Alexandra parade. And first car lined up in the car lane was
driver-only f*ck-off-huge late-model black Toyota Land Cruiser with
street tyres.

But get this: it was towing a car-trailer.
And on the trailer was...
....an identical f*ck-off-huge late-model black Toyota Land Cruiser. It
had (very new-looking) tyres that initially looked like they were for
off-road... but, since the treading was like 2 millimeters above the
tyres surface, they would have slipped around uselessly any time off-tarmac.

I remarked to the other 3 or 4 commuters (all of them wearing
shy-shorts) waiting for the lights, that we may be within a 10-metre
radius of The World's Smallest Wing-Wang.
They did the "not actually talking, but giving a wry grin, of sorts"
thing we often do when we bicycle types meet, then (after briefly
checking out my Castellis to make sure) nodded, yep.

xxx

Old November 11th 04, 12:54 PM
flyingdutch

demod Wrote:
they are driving their beloved 4WD...

snip

Isnt that what those flippy-rearview-mirrors are for?
You 'press' them into the forward position to indicate that you want t
mate with said tractor and ruffle plumage in alluring manner with middl
finger

Fatty-arse-buckle and then continues the conversation. Amazing ho
these males are always so short and 'challenged' when it comes down t

flyingdutch

Old November 11th 04, 01:49 PM
Michael Warner

On 11 Nov 2004 00:00:32 -0800, demod wrote:

they are driving their beloved 4WD...

I was chased down and cut off /twice/ by a taxi recently after tapping
on his window to let him know what I thought of his driving (he
tried to squeeze into a non-existent left-turn lame and got stuck,
forcing me onto the footpath).

I made a mental note of his plate and reported it to the cops, who
aren't taxi drivers' biggest fans. However, I probably won't try that
again.

--
bpo gallery at http://www4.tpgi.com.au/users/mvw1/bpo
Old November 11th 04, 11:49 PM
hippy

"Michael Warner" wrote
they are driving their beloved 4WD...

I was chased down and cut off /twice/ by a taxi recently after tapping
on his window to let him know what I thought of his driving (he
tried to squeeze into a non-existent left-turn lame and got stuck,
forcing me onto the footpath).

I made a mental note of his plate and reported it to the cops, who
aren't taxi drivers' biggest fans. However, I probably won't try that
again.

While we're all having a bitch.. some arsehole in the back
of a white ****box (plates noted for later use ;-) ) driving
down Burke Rd. thought it'd be fun to scream **** into my
ear. Normally traffic is moving quickly by, but this guy was
close and not going so fast so I copped the full brunt. I was
probably in another world too. Suffice to say ****4brains
scared the crap out of me. Adrenalin flowing I chased the
car. The pathetic piece of **** wouldn't wind his window
down so I could tear off his ****ing head - and I think I
could've ripped it straight off his shoulders with the mood
I was in..
All I could do was unload a bunch of language at his
window. I thought about smashing the window, but it
was a rear passenger and I had enough sense not to,
1) criminal damage charges and 2) it wasn't the driver.

On a happier note, or is that a stranger note? someone
appeared to take a photo of me as they drove by last
night...
Maybe they are going to submit it to the Guinness Book
for 'World's Biggest Arse' category?
That's someone filming and someone photographing
cyclists (me) in the same week!? WTF is with that??

angry puzzled hippy

Old November 11th 04, 11:55 PM
cirrus

Similar experience on Wednesday night. A Forklift repair truck pulle
out of a side street across two lanes of traffic (each way) AND th
shoulder to force me into the gutter. I was not impressed. Caught u
with him at the next set of lights & rapped on the window ... and h
was on his mobile phone. Asked why he wanted to kill me, then told hi
I had his number plate & what company he worked for and his boss woul
be getting a phone call the next morning.

Drivers who do stupid things in company vans which have phone number
emblazoned all over them are REALLY REALLY stupid!

After speaking to his boss and indicating my displeasure (I reall
don't like people trying to kill me on my way home from work) th
driver now has a written warning in his file

--
cirrus

Want your dream bike? follow these simple steps! [email protected] General 6 March 8th 05 08:07 PM
Next Australian PM Next PM Australia 3 August 24th 04 11:04 AM
Michael Moore Steve Racing 19 July 4th 04 09:20 PM
It's nice to read about the ride to work people Burr General 5 August 17th 03 04:07 PM