WHOOPS! Mountain biker rescued from Soquel Demonstration Forest

Old October 16th 12, 06:09 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

Default WHOOPS! Mountain biker rescued from Soquel Demonstration Forest

Evolution in action!

Mike

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-...mountain-biker

Cops and Courts: Oct. 15, 2012: Mountain biker rescued from Soquel Demonstration Forest

Santa Cruz Sentinelsantacruzsentinel.com
October 15, 2012 2:2 PM GMT

SANTA CRUZ MOUNTAINS

Mountain biker rescued from forest

A mountain biker was hoisted up steep terrain in the Soquel Demonstration Forest on Sunday, via a cable attached to a helicopter, after falling near the Saw Pit and Ridge trails, Cal Fire reported.

The electronic hoist system was acquired by Cal Fire's Alma Helitack Unit about a month ago and used to lower a firefighter to the 32-year-old man and then lift him up, Capt. Bill Finch said.

"It went flawlessly; they did an excellent job," he said. "Due to the location, about a mile and a half up a narrow, steep, one-track bike trail, it would have been difficult and painful to get him down otherwise."

Finch said he could not discuss the man's specific injuries, but said he was conscious yet unable to walk. He was flown in the rescue helicopter to a landing zone in the forest, on Sulphur Springs Road, and then transported by ground ambulance to a Santa Clara County trauma center, Finch said.

The man was biking with a group; it's unclear how he fell, he said.

Initial reports, just before noon, stated he had suffered a compound fracture and was bleeding, but when firefighters hiked up, they found his injuries did not appear that severe, Finch said.

At least one air ambulance summoned about noon was unable to fly due to fog in the San Jose area, Cal Fire dispatchers said.
Old October 17th 12, 06:13 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

On Tuesday, October 16, 2012 1:09:16 AM UTC-4, Mike Vandeman wrote:
Evolution in action!

Mike

In June 2010, Michael J. Vandeman was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon against a mountain biker.

http://police.berkeley.edu/crimealer...52810-37NC.htm

He was subsequently found guilty of exhibiting a deadly weapon and battery.

Old October 18th 12, 12:04 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Wednesday, October 17, 2012 10:13:16 AM UTC-7, (unknown) wrote:
On Tuesday, October 16, 2012 1:09:16 AM UTC-4, Mike Vandeman wrote: Evolution in action! Mike In June 2010, Michael J. Vandeman was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon against a mountain biker. http://police..berkeley.edu/crimeale...52810-37NC.htm He was subsequently found guilty of exhibiting a deadly weapon and battery.

If you believe that, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.
Old October 18th 12, 01:38 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

On Wednesday, October 17, 2012 7:04:28 PM UTC-4, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Wednesday, October 17, 2012 10:13:16 AM UTC-7, (unknown) wrote:

On Tuesday, October 16, 2012 1:09:16 AM UTC-4, Mike Vandeman wrote: Evolution in action! Mike In June 2010, Michael J. Vandeman was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon against a mountain biker. http://police.berkeley.edu/crimealer...52810-37NC.htm He was subsequently found guilty of exhibiting a deadly weapon and battery.

If you believe that, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

I believe you were arrested and found guilty in a court of law, because it's the truth. You may disagree with their decisions, but that doesn't change the fact that it happened.

As far as your bridges go, I prefer to buy mine from people who don't choose to repeatedly burn them.

Old October 19th 12, 12:56 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Thursday, October 18, 2012 5:38:49 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Wednesday, October 17, 2012 7:04:28 PM UTC-4, Mike Vandeman wrote: On Wednesday, October 17, 2012 10:13:16 AM UTC-7, (unknown) wrote: On Tuesday, October 16, 2012 1:09:16 AM UTC-4, Mike Vandeman wrote: Evolution in action! Mike In June 2010, Michael J. Vandeman was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon against a mountain biker. http://police.berkeley.edu/crimealer...52810-37NC.htm He was subsequently found guilty of exhibiting a deadly weapon and battery. If you believe that, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you. I believe you were arrested and found guilty in a court of law, because it's the truth. You may disagree with their decisions, but that doesn't change the fact that it happened. As far as your bridges go, I prefer to buy mine from people who don't choose to repeatedly burn them.

"Belief" is not reality. Besides, courts prove NOTHING. But you knew that when you started, and CHOSE to ignore it. Typical dishonest mountain biker.
Old October 19th 12, 01:55 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

On Thursday, October 18, 2012 7:56:28 PM UTC-4, Mike Vandeman wrote:
[...]

"Courts prove NOTHING?" Really? So Bicycle Trails Council of Marin v. Babbitt, proved NOTHING?

Good to know.

Still, that has nothing to do with the fact you were arrested and subsequently convicted. Try to keep up with the conversation, OK Mike?

Old October 19th 12, 05:49 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Thursday, October 18, 2012 5:55:12 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Thursday, October 18, 2012 7:56:28 PM UTC-4, Mike Vandeman wrote: On Thursday, October 18, 2012 5:38:49 AM UTC-7, wrote: On Wednesday, October 17, 2012 7:04:28 PM UTC-4, Mike Vandeman wrote: On Wednesday, October 17, 2012 10:13:16 AM UTC-7, (unknown) wrote: On Tuesday, October 16, 2012 1:09:16 AM UTC-4, Mike Vandeman wrote: Evolution in action! Mike In June 2010, Michael J. Vandeman was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon against a mountain biker. http://police.berkeley.edu/crimealer...52810-37NC.htm He was subsequently found guilty of exhibiting a deadly weapon and battery. If you believe that, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you. I believe you were arrested and found guilty in a court of law, because it's the truth. You may disagree with their decisions, but that doesn't change the fact that it happened. As far as your bridges go, I prefer to buy mine from people who don't choose to repeatedly burn them. "Belief" is not reality. Besides, courts prove NOTHING. But you knew that when you started, and CHOSE to ignore it. Typical dishonest mountain biker. "Courts prove NOTHING?" Really? So Bicycle Trails Council of Marin v. Babbitt, proved NOTHING? Good to know. Still, that has nothing to do with the fact you were arrested and subsequently convicted. Try to keep up with the conversation, OK Mike?

Yes. The judge doesn't know the facts. Nor do the lawyers. They weren't on the trails. In any case, he decided that there is no right to mountain bike.. You conveniently forgot to mention that, as you did with your real name, COWARD. Like all mountain bikers, you are afraid of the truth.
Old October 19th 12, 03:22 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

On Friday, October 19, 2012 12:49:16 AM UTC-4, Mike Vandeman wrote:
[...]

So which is it? You accept the court's verdicts against you AND that there is no right to mountain bike, or, as YOU JUST WROTE, that "courts prove NOTHING?"

Pick one.

.... Or inevitably change the subject, like you always do when someone points out how silly you are.

Old October 20th 12, 12:43 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Friday, October 19, 2012 7:22:59 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Friday, October 19, 2012 12:49:16 AM UTC-4, Mike Vandeman wrote: Mike In June 2010, Michael J. Vandeman was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon against a mountain biker. http://police.berkeley.edu/crimealer...52810-37NC.htm He was subsequently found guilty of exhibiting a deadly weapon and battery. If you believe that, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you. I believe you were arrested and found guilty in a court of law, because it's the truth. You may disagree with their decisions, but that doesn't change the fact that it happened. As far as your bridges go, I prefer to buy mine from people who don't choose to repeatedly burn them. "Belief" is not reality. Besides, courts prove NOTHING. But you knew that when you started, and CHOSE to ignore it. Typical dishonest mountain biker. "Courts prove NOTHING?" Really? So Bicycle Trails Council of Marin v. Babbitt, proved NOTHING? Good to know. Still, that has nothing to do with the fact you were arrested and subsequently convicted. Try to keep up with the conversation, OK Mike? Yes. The judge doesn't know the facts. Nor do the lawyers. They weren't on the trails. In any case, he decided that there is no right to mountain bike. You conveniently forgot to mention that, as you did with your real name, COWARD. Like all mountain bikers, you are afraid of the truth. So which is it? You accept the court's verdicts against you AND that there is no right to mountain bike, or, as YOU JUST WROTE, that "courts prove NOTHING?" Pick one. ... Or inevitably change the subject, like you always do when someone points out how silly you are.

The courts obviously prove NOTHING, as you well know. They just make decisions. DUH! People like you, who refuse to give their real name, are obviously trying to HIDE their ignorance and stupidity.