Crank Grab help...Please

Old January 5th 07, 04:53 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
uniska

Default Crank Grab help...Please

I have been trying and trying but I can't seem to get it, is there
anyone with advice or help I need to be able to do it...it would make
trials riding so much easier.....Please help me with my crank grabs

--
uniska
uniska's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13833

Old January 5th 07, 05:13 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Bottle

Try this:

Find a ledge with grass/dirt/snow/anything but cement on the other
side (preferably level with the ledge), that is crank-grab-able (taller
than half your wheel). jump up to your crank, and get familiar with
balancing like that. Next, you go suicide. Just try to jump up as
hard as you can and clear the ledge, and keep your feet on the pedals.
Don't even try to land it. Aim for landing on your side on the grass,
but don't completely bail on your uni. You made it over the ledge? i
bet pretty far over, too. Gradually start to land a bit on your wheel
and tip over, then when your comfy, jump over and stay upright.
Congrats! you can crank-grab!

By doing this you get rid of the "I'm not gunna make it" fear. (you
know when your scared that the whole wheel won't get over?)

--
Bottle

Cement hurts. Alot.
Bottle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13181

Old January 5th 07, 05:43 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
torkerdx

do it on a platform, so if you fall you aren't even coming close to
falling off something, like a table... just lean your uni in (toward
the side you are pedalgrabbing) and just jump up as hard as you can

--
torkerdx

GILD wrote:
If it was a naked young lady, would we be shouting about sexual
objectification?

gordito8me wrote:
it's like running across the highway at rush hour. Dangerous, stupid,
but not really that fun.

skrobo wrote:
i would rather ride a brick than have a folding tire

Unicaw89 wrote:
Koxx rapes Torker hard!

torkerdx's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12543

Old January 5th 07, 06:02 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
uniska

thanks guys I will try it after school tomorrow

Old January 5th 07, 02:56 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
monkeyman

Your pedal should be about half as far from the object as the object is
high. If you're crank grabbing on a 1 foot high ledge, then your crank
grabbing pedal should be about 6 inches away.
You don't want to be too close, or too far. If you're too close, then
you jump upward, but you can't go over until you get high enough. If
you're too far, then you'll be going too fast horizontally, hit the
ledge, and tip over.

What you want to try to do is jump from the right distance, and make a
clean, diagonal hop. But you're gonna land it a bit differently than a
normal side hop. When you land a sidehop, you normally land leaning
away from the direction you were hopping (at least I do) to help absorb
all that momentum. In a crankgrab, when you first leave the ground,
your body will be like this (you're jumping towards the left): \ As
you land, you want the unicycle to be completely upright, with the
crank resting on the ledge. But your body should be leaning a little
bit outside. The way I balance is by having most of my weight on the
grabbing crank, but leaning towards the outside. You might find it
easier to balance with different ways though, so experiment and find
which one you like best.

Good luck.

--
monkeyman

~Alex Brown
monkeyman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11455

Old January 5th 07, 07:49 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

Bottle wrote:

By doing this you get rid of the "I'm not gunna make it" fear. (you
know when your scared that the whole wheel won't get over?)

Its not actualy that bad if the whole wheel doesn't get over so long as
your wearing 661s

--
thejdw

unicycle for hobnobs!

torkerdx wrote:
another bit of advice:
shut up and ride
some people get the concept, some don't

Borgschulze wrote:
I'm going to eat a Vegan for my new years resolution.

thejdw's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13230

Old January 5th 07, 09:39 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
trialsBLA

Practicing getting up from the grab before you start actually grabbing
it.

--
trialsBLA

'My Wicked Awesome Gallery' (www.youtube.com/user/benjaug)

unidude3 (att) yahoo (dott) com
trialsBLA's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14056

Help: Crank grab to rubber pkittle Unicycling 16 December 22nd 06 05:16 AM
crank grab help!! superuni Unicycling 1 April 25th 06 10:56 PM
crank grab help!! Nioate Unicycling 0 April 25th 06 09:26 PM
crank/pedal grab unicyclepa Unicycling 4 May 6th 05 05:03 AM
Crank Grab help. juggle508 Unicycling 11 July 2nd 04 01:17 AM