Cyclists get knocked for 6

Old October 30th 13, 12:00 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Cyclists get knocked for 6

Two cyclists who racially abused a motorist were knocked for six when he
retaliated with a cricket bat.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/te...rist---6250481
Old October 30th 13, 01:42 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 29/10/2013 23:00, Mrcheerful wrote:
Two cyclists who racially abused a motorist were knocked for six when he
retaliated with a cricket bat.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/te...rist---6250481

Teesside Crown Court has a really interesting line in external decoration:

http://i2.gazettelive.co.uk/incoming/article5778033.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/JS18830525-5778033.jpg

Very reassuring to anyone who likes to glug a few down.
Old October 30th 13, 10:48 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brian Robertson[_12_]

On 29/10/2013 23:00, Mrcheerful wrote:
Two cyclists who racially abused a motorist were knocked for six when he
retaliated with a cricket bat.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/te...rist---6250481

So if we read between the lines: abusive Muslim motorist has a go at
cyclists, attacks them and then tries to blame them by claiming that
they had racially abused him.
Old October 30th 13, 10:57 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 30/10/2013 09:48, Brian Robertson wrote:
On 29/10/2013 23:00, Mrcheerful wrote:
Two cyclists who racially abused a motorist were knocked for six when he
retaliated with a cricket bat.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/te...rist---6250481

So if we read between the lines: abusive Muslim motorist has a go at
cyclists, attacks them and then tries to blame them by claiming that
they had racially abused him.

I couldn't see any of that.

Where about was this, "between the lines"?

Old October 30th 13, 11:00 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

On Wed, 30 Oct 2013 09:48:01 +0000, Brian Robertson
wrote:

On 29/10/2013 23:00, Mrcheerful wrote:
Two cyclists who racially abused a motorist were knocked for six when he
retaliated with a cricket bat.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/te...rist---6250481

So if we read between the lines: abusive Muslim motorist has a go at
cyclists, attacks them and then tries to blame them by claiming that
they had racially abused him.

Recorder David Dobbin accepted that the cyclists had racially insulted
Hussain.
Old October 31st 13, 07:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Benn

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message
news
Two cyclists who racially abused a motorist were knocked for six when he
retaliated with a cricket bat.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/te...rist---6250481

Was it a four or a six?

Old November 1st 13, 12:00 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

On Thu, 31 Oct 2013 21:54:11 +0000, Phil W Lee
wrote:

Bertie Wooster considered Wed, 30 Oct 2013
10:00:57 +0000 the perfect time to write:

wrote:

On 29/10/2013 23:00, Mrcheerful wrote:
Two cyclists who racially abused a motorist were knocked for six when he
retaliated with a cricket bat.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/te...rist---6250481

So if we read between the lines: abusive Muslim motorist has a go at
cyclists, attacks them and then tries to blame them by claiming that
they had racially abused him.

Recorder David Dobbin accepted that the cyclists had racially insulted
Hussain.

But without any evidence other than the word of a convicted criminal.
Doesn't it make you proud of our wonderful criminal injustice system.

Unless you know otherwise, Hussain was not a convicted criminal at the
time he gave evidence that the cyclists had racially abused him.

Something triggered Hussain's reaction to the cyclists. I think it
more likely than not that it was a racial slur by one or both of the
cyclists.
Old November 1st 13, 10:57 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Thu, 31 Oct 2013 18:21:55 +0000, John Benn wrote:

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message
news
Two cyclists who racially abused a motorist were knocked for six when
he retaliated with a cricket bat.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/te...ists-racially-

abused-motorist---6250481

Was it a four or a six?

I think it is unwise to abuse a person from a racial group who obviously
has a much better grasp of Cricket than the English.
Old November 4th 13, 07:58 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

On Mon, 04 Nov 2013 03:18:49 +0000, Phil W Lee
wrote:

Bertie Wooster considered Thu, 31 Oct 2013
23:00:03 +0000 the perfect time to write:

wrote:

On 29/10/2013 23:00, Mrcheerful wrote:
Two cyclists who racially abused a motorist were knocked for six when he
retaliated with a cricket bat.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/te...rist---6250481

So if we read between the lines: abusive Muslim motorist has a go at
cyclists, attacks them and then tries to blame them by claiming that
they had racially abused him.

Recorder David Dobbin accepted that the cyclists had racially insulted
Hussain.

But without any evidence other than the word of a convicted criminal.
Doesn't it make you proud of our wonderful criminal injustice system.

Unless you know otherwise, Hussain was not a convicted criminal at the
time he gave evidence that the cyclists had racially abused him.

He'd plead guilty at the preliminary hearing, so this would have been
the sentencing hearing.
Hence he was already a convicted criminal, or there could not have
been any sentencing.

Something triggered Hussain's reaction to the cyclists. I think it
more likely than not that it was a racial slur by one or both of the
cyclists.

I've seen enough examples of idiots getting bent out of shape about
cyclists using the road.
The statement by the victim seems to indicate that the whole incident
was started by idiot in car being upset at not being allowed to
overtake dangerously, and sounding his horn - then when the cyclists
delayed their journey to allow him past, he instead stopped the car,
got out, and went round to the boot (so some level of premeditation)
to fetch the cricket bat with which he attacked them.
I've also come across a few people who when if challenged about any
aspect of their misbehaviour come up with the same excuse as the
criminal in this case.
In fact, that seems to be sufficiently common to be criticised even by
advocates for ethnic minority groups.

Yes, your honour.
Old November 4th 13, 11:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Wed, 30 Oct 2013 00:42:52 +0000, JNugent wrote:

On 29/10/2013 23:00, Mrcheerful wrote:
Two cyclists who racially abused a motorist were knocked for six when he
retaliated with a cricket bat.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/te...rist---6250481

Teesside Crown Court has a really interesting line in external decoration:

http://i2.gazettelive.co.uk/incoming/article5778033.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/JS18830525-5778033.jpg

Very reassuring to anyone who likes to glug a few down.

Now, now - the term "Glug" may be offensive to some.