Orange MTBs - Long term reliability?

Old November 8th 20, 12:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Wright

Default Orange MTBs - Long term reliability?

On Monday, January 29, 1996 at 9:00:00 AM UTC+1, Matt Wenham wrote:
Can anyone out there who owns an Orange MTB let me know how they have
found the long term frame reliability please? Let me know what sort of
riding / racing you do on it as well.
Thanks,
Matt Wenham.

24 Year later and I can confirm that the c16r is a awesome bike.

I own two c16r bikes and both are tip top. One thing Orange did different was how you ordered the bike. 3 frame sizes, 5 groupsets, 3 stems and two rigid forks were the options. The Clockwork may have been Steel, but the Chromoly 7.2 on the C16r was 3lb lighter than some Clockwork set ups. Looked after the bikes will last another 25 year or more.
Old November 8th 20, 02:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Sunday, November 8, 2020 at 12:53:30 PM UTC, Simon Wright wrote:
On Monday, January 29, 1996 at 9:00:00 AM UTC+1, Matt Wenham wrote:
Can anyone out there who owns an Orange MTB let me know how they have
found the long term frame reliability please? Let me know what sort of
riding / racing you do on it as well.
Thanks,
Matt Wenham.

24 Year later and I can confirm that the c16r is a awesome bike.

I own two c16r bikes and both are tip top. One thing Orange did different was how you ordered the bike. 3 frame sizes, 5 groupsets, 3 stems and two rigid forks were the options. The Clockwork may have been Steel, but the Chromoly 7.2 on the C16r was 3lb lighter than some Clockwork set ups. Looked after the bikes will last another 25 year or more.

We look forward to your next post in 2044!

Any long term reviews for Shimano 105? Willem D'Hauwer UK 18 March 4th 08 10:53 AM
Storing bikes long term PhilD UK 8 July 22nd 06 03:48 PM
New rear derailleur for LONG term Király Techniques 16 April 19th 06 03:09 PM
Storing Tubulars long term IMKen Techniques 0 August 31st 05 06:53 PM
Storing Tubulars long term [email protected] Techniques 0 August 31st 05 04:38 PM