Any UK'ers got a 6 bolt 165 mm rotor for sale?

Old October 7th 04, 01:01 PM
Shaun

Default Any UK'ers got a 6 bolt 165 mm rotor for sale?

Been trying to get a disc brake set for the rear of the bike for quite a
while - soon I'll have all but the rotor - thought I'd throw the question
out here first! Brake is a pre-Mono Hope Mini!

Cheers folks!

Shaun aRe - E-mail is valid if anyone wants to reply direct.

Old October 7th 04, 06:43 PM
Andy Chequer

"Shaun" wrote in message
Been trying to get a disc brake set for the rear of the bike for quite a
while - soon I'll have all but the rotor - thought I'd throw the question
out here first! Brake is a pre-Mono Hope Mini!

Cheers folks!

I have a six bolt Hayes rotor which _may_be 165mm (I'll have to measure it).
It's in good condition (one winter's use) and it's going spare as the
caliper is stuffed. Not sure how it will work with a Hope, though. I'll pull
it off the Zaskar and measure it for you, probably have an answer after the
weekend. If suitable, it will set you back a pint of good ale.

Anyone out there tried mixing rotor/caliper brands? Any luck?

Andy Chequer

Old October 7th 04, 11:44 PM
Michael Dart

"Andy Chequer" wrote in
message ...

"Shaun" wrote in message
Been trying to get a disc brake set for the rear of the bike for quite a
while - soon I'll have all but the rotor - thought I'd throw the

question
out here first! Brake is a pre-Mono Hope Mini!

Cheers folks!

I have a six bolt Hayes rotor which _may_be 165mm (I'll have to measure

it).
It's in good condition (one winter's use) and it's going spare as the
caliper is stuffed. Not sure how it will work with a Hope, though. I'll

pull
it off the Zaskar and measure it for you, probably have an answer after

the
weekend. If suitable, it will set you back a pint of good ale.

Anyone out there tried mixing rotor/caliper brands? Any luck?

Andy Chequer

A 6" Hayes rotor works fine with the Hope mini's for the rear. So good in
fact I switched to all Hayes. I'm now Hopeless. ;^) Gotta stick to what I
know and the Hopes are a PITA to work on and find parts for. I've got a
whole, used, set and a couple new 5 1/4" front rotors available. (I don't
know about shipping to the UK though, pay my way to the Real Ale Wobble and
I'll bring 'em with me for free :^D )

Mike

Old October 8th 04, 10:53 AM
Shaun

"Andy Chequer" wrote in
message ...

"Shaun" wrote in message
Been trying to get a disc brake set for the rear of the bike for quite a
while - soon I'll have all but the rotor - thought I'd throw the

question
out here first! Brake is a pre-Mono Hope Mini!

Cheers folks!

I have a six bolt Hayes rotor which _may_be 165mm (I'll have to measure

it).
It's in good condition (one winter's use) and it's going spare as the
caliper is stuffed. Not sure how it will work with a Hope, though. I'll

pull
it off the Zaskar and measure it for you, probably have an answer after

the
weekend. If suitable, it will set you back a pint of good ale.

Anyone out there tried mixing rotor/caliper brands? Any luck?

Andy Chequer

Well, if it's 165mm, and the same thickness (which I don't know right now),
it's gotta work, no?

Thanks Andy! Next beer's on me fer sure, even if it doesn't fit ',;~}~

Shaun aRe

Old October 8th 04, 10:55 AM
Shaun

"Michael Dart" wrote in message

"Andy Chequer" wrote

in
message ...

"Shaun" wrote in message
Been trying to get a disc brake set for the rear of the bike for quite

while - soon I'll have all but the rotor - thought I'd throw the

question
out here first! Brake is a pre-Mono Hope Mini!

Cheers folks!

I have a six bolt Hayes rotor which _may_be 165mm (I'll have to measure

it).
It's in good condition (one winter's use) and it's going spare as the
caliper is stuffed. Not sure how it will work with a Hope, though. I'll

pull
it off the Zaskar and measure it for you, probably have an answer after

the
weekend. If suitable, it will set you back a pint of good ale.

Anyone out there tried mixing rotor/caliper brands? Any luck?

Andy Chequer

A 6" Hayes rotor works fine with the Hope mini's for the rear.

Hmm, but 6" is only 152.5 mm, no?

So good in
fact I switched to all Hayes. I'm now Hopeless. ;^) Gotta stick to what

know and the Hopes are a PITA to work on and find parts for. I've got a
whole, used, set and a couple new 5 1/4" front rotors available. (I don't
know about shipping to the UK though, pay my way to the Real Ale Wobble

and
I'll bring 'em with me for free :^D )

Heheheh, yeah, if I could afford the plane ticket for ya, I'd just buy
meself like, several hundred genuine Hope rotors, now wouldn't I?!?

',;~}~

Cheers!

Shaun aRe

Old October 9th 04, 09:31 PM
Michael Dart

"Shaun" wrote in message
[...]

eh...it was worth a shot. They wouldn't come with my charming personality
(esp. after a few pints) now would they! But seriously, I've a couple of
Hope Gothic rotors that measure out to 165mm I could send you. I can't use
'em since they just clip my Hayes calipers. Email me with your address. I
suppose a padded envelope wouldn't cost that much to ship to the UK.

Mike

Old October 12th 04, 10:04 AM
Shaun

"Shaun" wrote in message
[...]

Cheers Mike! - E-mailed you yesterday ',;~}~

Shaun aRe