Better comply with those traffic laws

Old September 13th 12, 04:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

Default Better comply with those traffic laws

Yesterday I'm riding out of town at rush hour - at the last major
crossing - a very, very busy street. I'm patiently and obediently
waiting for the walk signal. The cross street goes yellow, there's no
one in the oncoming turn lane to trip that light, so I should be
next. But for some reason the oncoming tunr light does go green
anyway. I've already anticipated my turn and started to roll; still
don't just go for it but am sticking out in the crosswalk a bit (still
highly compliant for me).

Light changes and I proceed across and on down the road. No paved
shoulder; riding right on the white line, a city cop passes me. Over
the next rise and there he is turned off the road stopped with lights
flashing. ****! I hope he doesn't plan to give me the business
(begin preparing to deal with Sgt Stedenko... ) Pass by and prepare
to be chased down, but he doesn't come.

Over the next rise there is *another* cop car on the side of the road
with lights flashing. A cop is standing behind the car with handheld
radio. *Another* cop is walking up the side of the road toward me -
with an assault rifle in his hands!

(Goodto be getting out of the city.)
Old September 13th 12, 08:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chalo

Dan O wrote:

Over the next rise there is *another* cop car on the side of the road
with lights flashing. *A cop is standing behind the car with handheld
radio. **Another* cop is walking up the side of the road toward me -
with an assault rifle in his hands!

(Goodto be getting out of the city.)

Did you figure out what their deal was?
Old September 14th 12, 02:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

On Sep 13, 12:19 pm, Chalo wrote:
Dan O wrote:

Over the next rise there is *another* cop car on the side of the road
with lights flashing. A cop is standing behind the car with handheld
radio. *Another* cop is walking up the side of the road toward me -
with an assault rifle in his hands!

(Goodto be getting out of the city.)

Did you figure out what their deal was?

No, I just kept going away from it and didn't look back - return to:

http://i50.tinypic.com/16bj5w0.jpg

.... and eventually home to Mayberry RFD.

I do keep hearing about violence and stuff in the world, though. (And
they were all white cops, of course - FWIW - though the one with the
radio *looked* like a reasonable fellow.) They've really got to get
health care on track - including mental health - including
preventative care - including a society that promotes well being.
Old September 15th 12, 08:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom $herman (-_-)

On 9/13/2012 8:50 PM, Dan O wrote:
On Sep 13, 12:19 pm, Chalo wrote:
Dan O wrote:

Over the next rise there is *another* cop car on the side of the road
with lights flashing. A cop is standing behind the car with handheld
radio. *Another* cop is walking up the side of the road toward me -
with an assault rifle in his hands!

(Goodto be getting out of the city.)

Did you figure out what their deal was?

No, I just kept going away from it and didn't look back - return to:

http://i50.tinypic.com/16bj5w0.jpg

... and eventually home to Mayberry RFD.

I do keep hearing about violence and stuff in the world, though. (And
they were all white cops, of course - FWIW - though the one with the
radio *looked* like a reasonable fellow.) They've really got to get
health care on track - including mental health - including
preventative care - including a society that promotes well being.

No, the point is to destroy society, as the real backers of both the
Repugnicans and Dimocrats support. Think Guatemala of the 1980's as
their ideal society.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731°N, 83.985007°W
Post Free or Die!
Old September 16th 12, 01:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
john B.

On Sat, 15 Sep 2012 14:41:46 -0500, "Tom $herman (-_-)"
" wrote:

On 9/13/2012 8:50 PM, Dan O wrote:
On Sep 13, 12:19 pm, Chalo wrote:
Dan O wrote:

[...]

Given that trade and business and value of currency usually fall
radically during chaotic conditions do you mean that the Republican
"old money" is intent on destroying their own wealth?
Cheers,
John B.
Old September 16th 12, 02:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom $herman (-_-)

" wrote:

On 9/13/2012 8:50 PM, Dan O wrote:
On Sep 13, 12:19 pm, Chalo wrote:
Dan O wrote:

[...]

Please, buy a clue. And it is not US Republican old money, but much
older European banking money. These people hate the middle classes and
any type of freedom.