plans for suspended LWB?

Old December 2nd 03, 11:35 PM

Default plans for suspended LWB?

I'll be taking a welding course in the Spring, so I will have access
to a complete welding shop. Is there any place to get plans for a
suspended LWB bent? I have only seen plans for suspended SWBs.
Thanks.
Dan
Old December 4th 03, 06:49 AM
meb

bikeman wrote:
I'll be taking a welding course in the Spring, so I will have access to
a complete welding shop. Is there any place to get plans for a suspended
LWB bent? I have only seen plans for suspended SWBs. Thanks. Dan

You’ll pardon our chuckling at the irony of you’re looking for SUSPENDED
LWB plans and taking a WELDING class:

Termite Taxi: http://www.angelfire.com/id/BEEP/

Groundhugger XR-2 http://www.rqriley.com/xr2.html

You could adapt these to metal if you don’t want to go with wood or
carbon fiber. The Groundhugger XR-1 was an unsuspended steel bent. You
should be able to adapt the suspension from SWB metal bent plans to
longwheelbase metal hardtail plans as another alternative.

Old December 4th 03, 10:45 AM
PaPa

bikeman wrote:
I'll be taking a welding course in the Spring, so I will have access to
a complete welding shop. Is there any place to get plans for a suspended
LWB bent? I have only seen plans for suspended SWBs. Thanks. Dan

Or maybe this one;
http://www.boomspeed.com/papasbent/W...Carbon_lwb.jpg if
you'd rather forego the welding and cough-up a bit of plastic. Since
he's a close friend of mine.... maybe he'll consider sharing some
numbers with ya.

Old December 4th 03, 11:26 PM
PaPa

bikeman wrote:
I'll be taking a welding course in the Spring, so I will have access to
a complete welding shop. Is there any place to get plans for a suspended
LWB bent? I have only seen plans for suspended SWBs. Thanks. Dan

I don't why I neglected these links. Although not an "active" design, I
certainly is a "no brainer" build, especially if the right MTB frame can
be located.

http://www.boomspeed.com/papasbent/Steel26_Sherpa.jpg
http://www.boomspeed.com/papasbent/S..._Sherpa002.jpg
http://www.boomspeed.com/papasbent/S..._Sherpa003.jpg