RadioShat to end sponsorship in 2011

Old September 1st 10, 08:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Magilla Gorilla[_2_]

Default RadioShat to end sponsorship in 2011

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/phin...tions-for-2011

Old September 3rd 10, 03:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Randall

On Sep 1, 12:52*pm, Magilla Gorilla wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/phin...-career-option...

I am not surprised considering that RS has not any major European
tours. Team RS has to deliver next year if they hope to get a new
sponsor.
Old September 7th 10, 07:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

=====
I am not surprised considering that RS has not any major European
tours. Team RS has to deliver next year if they hope to get a new
sponsor.
=====

I never saw any indication RS had plans for more than two years in the
first place. They hitched a ride with Lance, and probably have a
separate contract with him for the same length of time as the team. If
they had plans for a future beyond 2011, you'd think they would have
built up a team with some young riders with potential, but instead they
created a team of "old hands" (super domestiques) for a single shot at
putting Lance back on the podium. I'm assuming they were smart enough to
realize it would be just one shot, and that the next year we'd be
looking at single-day races and gradually see Lance morph into the
triathlon world where he'd have a good shot at winning age bracket
competition.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old September 7th 10, 09:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Randall

On Sep 6, 11:15*pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:
"Randall" wrote in message

On Sep 1, 12:52 pm, Magilla Gorilla wrote:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/phin...-career-option...

=====
I am not surprised considering that RS has not any major European
tours. Team RS has to deliver next year if they hope to get a new
sponsor.
=====

It almost seems as though Bruyneel does not have sponorship transition
plan. Perhaps he envisions the team concentrating on classics and some
of the other tours until such time as his younger rider like Phinney
are capable of viably contending the TDF.

Old September 7th 10, 06:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

wrote:
"Randall" wrote in message

On Sep 1, 12:52 pm, Magilla Gorilla wrote:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/phin...-career-option...

=====
I am not surprised considering that RS has not any major European
tours. Team RS has to deliver next year if they hope to get a new
sponsor.
=====

It almost seems as though Bruyneel does not have sponorship transition
plan. Perhaps he envisions the team concentrating on classics and some
of the other tours until such time as his younger rider like Phinney
are capable of viably contending the TDF.

Recall that Bruyneel had "retired" a few years back. I don't think he
envisions living the life of a DS or team manager forever. Regardless of
how the Novitsky stuff turns out.

On the other hand, a Luxembourg team is pretty darned close to
Belgium... but I haven't heard anything at all regarding any sort of
connection between Bruyneel and the Schleck's new team.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Armstrong announces Colorado stage race, the Quiznos Pro Challenge,for 2011 LawBoy01[_2_] Racing 9 August 5th 10 01:30 PM
Campy 2011: Thoughts? Hank Techniques 2 July 24th 10 11:17 PM
Jonathan Page Building Form for 2011 Nutella Racing 2 November 6th 09 10:10 PM
Gay Paris 2011 Peter Australia 0 October 31st 09 06:01 AM
Sponsorship GotJinks Unicycling 28 August 13th 07 10:25 PM