Bike shops, rules, principles and law

Old January 18th 21, 11:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
News 2021

Default OT: Tommy goes to the markets. Bike shops, rules, principles andlaw

On Mon, 18 Jan 2021 11:48:07 -0800, Tom Kunich scribed:

On Sunday, January 17, 2021 at 3:09:39 PM UTC-8, John B. wrote:

Tommy, Tommy! Calm down. Of course you know all them there secret guys.

Take your medicine before posting as your frantic efforts to show the
world how wonderful you are (way down deep inside) is sort of fraying
at the edges.

It certainly appears to be painful to you that people know anything you
don't. You probably go down to the market and tell the farmers what the
price of their goods are.

Well I do. If I'm not happy with what they are offering for the price
they want, negotiate or go elsewhere.

Old January 19th 21, 12:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default Bike shops, rules, principles and law

On Mon, 18 Jan 2021 11:48:07 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
wrote:

On Sunday, January 17, 2021 at 3:09:39 PM UTC-8, John B. wrote:
On Sun, 17 Jan 2021 07:35:23 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
wrote:

On Saturday, January 16, 2021 at 5:55:30 PM UTC-8, John B. wrote:
On Sat, 16 Jan 2021 16:56:42 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
wrote:

On Friday, January 15, 2021 at 3:49:54 PM UTC-8, Duane wrote:
AMuzi wrote:
Leaving aside my reservations on the newish UK 'supreme
court' scheme, this raises some very large questions:

https://cyclingindustry.news/supreme...-interruption/

Hoping for comment from Mr Beattie, and all of you who have
thoughts to offer.

In my understanding, a business flooded which did not
purchase flood insurance is just out. Which is as it should
be IMHO. The damage looks to me from regulatory action, not
the chinese weapon itself. I can't see how a contract[1]
could have an exclusion removed ex post facto. But I'm open
to other ideas.

[1] We do not of course know the language of every pertinent
contract in the class.
It’s hard for me to reply to you when you reference the Chinese weapon.
Most people I know call it Trump’s virus.
But aside from that, I’m worried about most of the small businesses that we
depend on. LBS and restaurants in particular.
I think that we're in agreement. A very large number of the Democrats employed or had intimate relations with what the DHS called "spies" Biden, his brother and his son all were being paid off by China in LARGE amounts of capital. (I think it was said that a more or less penniless Biden started living in $20 Million homes from the first time he was elected. While the attention was being focused on Hunter Biden's job for a Ukrainian energy company why was Nancy Pelosi's son completely ignored? He was in the same sort of position. How was it that Paul Sr., Nancy's husband was getting no-bid government contracts in areas in which he had no experience nor expertise?

The normal way in which China bribes people is through their family members so that there's no direct link from the Chinese government to the bribed official.
Tommy boy, how would you know "The normal way in which China bribes
people"? Have you been to China? Do you speak Chinese (any dialect)?
Where do you get your brilliant insights into Chinese policy?

Or is this just another one of your bizarre fantasies?

The way I know things is that my best friend who saved my life was an NCIS team leader who spent 20 years hunting Chinese spies in the military.

Tommy, Tommy! Calm down. Of course you know all them there secret
guys.

Take your medicine before posting as your frantic efforts to show the
world how wonderful you are (way down deep inside) is sort of fraying
at the edges.

It certainly appears to be painful to you that people know anything you don't.

You probably go down to the market and tell the farmers what the
price of their goods are.

You are sort of... no very... dumb. Of course the people going to the
market set the price for the farmer's goods. If my wife heads out to
the market to buy, oh say bamboo shoots and has it in her mind that 60
baht a half kilo is a reasonable price and the farmer asks, again say,
70 baht a half kg then my wife doesn't buy and he can just haul his
bamboo shoots home again.

All you need to do is look at Amazon, or Walmart. They sell cheap
people flock to buy from them.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old January 20th 21, 11:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Monday, January 18, 2021 at 1:48:10 PM UTC-6, wrote:
It certainly appears to be painful to you that people know anything you don't. You probably go down to the market and tell the farmers what the price of their goods are.

Oh my. I'm guessing you are talking about these things called "farmer's markets" that are common in big cities. No farmer who owns and works on a farm uses these terms like you just did. A farmer is someone who grows corn or soybeans on hundreds/thousands of acres. He tills, plants, combines the crops. And when a farmer talks about markets, he is specifically referring to the Chicago Board of Trade price for corn and soybeans. And he will call his local grain elevator to get the spot price for the grain locally. And this idea of going to the "farmer's market" to buy vegetables and other nonsense, would be very alien to an old time farmer. He had a vegetable garden near the house. He grew his own vegetables in his garden. He did not go to the downtown of a big city and buy vegetables from a "farmer" standing on a concrete city block who trucked the vegetables in.
Old January 20th 21, 11:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Wed, 20 Jan 2021 15:19:58 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

[...]

Well, I'm sure that I can remember "way back" further than you but I
do remember "farmers", at least that is what they called themselves,
setting up roadside sales businesses selling primarily to the "City
Slickers" at elevated prices.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old January 21st 21, 05:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

On Wednesday, January 20, 2021 at 3:20:00 PM UTC-8, wrote:
[...]

Russell, my cousins are farmers, why don't you tell them that they don't use the terms I do? Why don't you tell lettuce farmers, tomato farmers and beet farmers that they aren't farmers but gardeners?
Old January 21st 21, 05:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

Citrus farmers, walnut farmers, vegetable farmers, fruit farmers like strawberry farmers still do. But according to Russell, you have to have a thousand acres of corn to qualify as a farmer.- In case you are unaware of it, the standard farm is only 40 acres.
Old January 21st 21, 05:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...us-since-2000/

--
Cheers,

John B.

Old January 21st 21, 05:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
News 2021

On Wed, 20 Jan 2021 21:03:18 -0800, Tom Kunich scribed:

wrote:
[...]

That ia correct, they classify themselves as 'market gardeners' to
differentiate from the cropper/grain farmers and the graziers. Then their
are orchardists who grow fruit.

But Russel is right, those city 'market farmers' are really just
'shopkeepers' who buy their 'produce' from the big produce markets.

Old January 21st 21, 05:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
News 2021

On Wed, 20 Jan 2021 21:06:20 -0800, Tom Kunich scribed:

wrote:
[...]

Where?
There is no 'standard farm'. What is 'standard' really depends on what
you are farming and where. Plus, as discussed recently, the size of many
'standard farms' has increased to keep them commercially viable.

Old January 21st 21, 09:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Rolf Mantel[_2_]

wrote:
[...]

Oh my. The world is not the same everywhere. Only in the midwest USA,
farmers are defined to be "someone who grows corn or soybeans on
hundreds/thousands of acres". In the rest of the world, you have
"vegetable farmers", "fruit farmers", "potato farmers" and so on.

In Minnesota, I was told that that "vegetable farming is a lot morse
profitable than corn farming but only possible within 60 miles of a
major city" (well over half of Germany is within 60 miles of a major city).
It was quite a culture shock for me to hear that Minneapolis (in the
1990's) was the western-most market for anything other than plain wheat
and that a farmer in Western Minnesota planted organic wheat due to lots
of allergies in the family but hat to sell it in Fargo as standard wheat
because that's the only thing Fargo accepts.