Q. Help - Shimano XT Disc Brake Dual Control Front M765

Old December 28th 07, 04:39 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default Q. Help - Shimano XT Disc Brake Dual Control Front M765

I have been given XT Disc Brake Dual Control Front M765 assy (for
Christmas) its new.

When shifting I can only get 3 gears (and not the 9 ) it will return
back.

It seems to be rotated by 6 notches and only 3 clicks are available, I
can't even remove or see the gear cable end.

Is there a way to reset the ratchet so the 9 notches become
available? or is there some faulty assembly of the change mechanism?
I have looked and played with the pauls no sucess.

How is it done or where can I look for any instructions.

Thanks

Rob