Bloody cyclists, riding half-asleep

Old July 7th 09, 12:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Roger Thorpe[_6_]

Default Minor pedantry was Bloody cyclists, riding half-asleep

POHB wrote:
Roger Thorpe
...you had the whole damn thing all wrong/
He's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays...

First Hawkwind, now Jethro Tull. Have you been going through my old
vinyl collection?

Yes, and I put them all back in chronological, rather than alphabetical
order. Doesn't that scratch on "Set the Controls for the Heart of the
Sun" annoy you by the way?

Old July 7th 09, 01:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Roger Thorpe[_6_]

Default Bloody cyclists, riding half-asleep

D.M. Procida wrote:

One of the few riders who had obviously kept his wits about him was
interviewed on TV, and he was saying that when you see a turn coming up,
it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what you have to do
next.

Sitting down for coffee with the boss once, we were discussing problems
managing the direct heating of an air flow .

"It's only a flame in a duct" he said "it's not rocket science."

Old July 7th 09, 01:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Keitht

jms wrote:
On Tue, 7 Jul 2009 09:32:25 +0100, "mileburner"
wrote:

"D.M. Procida" wrote in
message
What are these people doing on the roads? If you can't be minimally
attentive, you shouldn't be there.

Trollometer reads 1:10

Truth: 10/10

missed TdF ref?

--

Come to Dave & Boris - your cycle security experts.
Old July 7th 09, 01:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Keitht

Roger Thorpe wrote:
POHB wrote:
Roger Thorpe
...you had the whole damn thing all wrong/
He's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays...

First Hawkwind, now Jethro Tull. Have you been going through my old
vinyl collection?

Yes, and I put them all back in chronological, rather than alphabetical
order. Doesn't that scratch on "Set the Controls for the Heart of the
Sun" annoy you by the way?

Not until you get the CD and you wonder why it sounds 'wrong' and can't
work out why.

--

Come to Dave & Boris - your cycle security experts.
Old July 7th 09, 02:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]

On Jul 7, 10:02*am, (A.Lee) wrote:
That would be a whooooosh on your part then.

Mine too, I had to read it a second time to get the joke. Good,
though :-)
--
Guy
Old July 7th 09, 02:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith M Smith

On Tue, 07 Jul 2009 10:46:36 +0100, Keitht KeithT wrote:

Happi Monday wrote:

99% agree, troll or otherwise.

more like 95.4%

Please stop taking the **** out of Chapman - he used the figures in
good faith.

Old July 7th 09, 03:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Keitht

Happi Monday wrote:

99% agree, troll or otherwise.

more like 95.4%

Please stop taking the **** out of Chapman - he used the figures in
good faith.

You appear to be micturating in a non-leeward direction, this is the
only quote I can find for him on this thread - has he posted elsewhere
on this very subject?

Old July 7th 09, 04:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Roger Merriman[_3_]

Simon Mason wrote:

"D.M. Procida" wrote in
message
Yesterday I saw a huge group of riders - all decked out in lycra and
shades, like a huge bunch of poofy stick insects -

Next time you go for a ride dressed up like
post-modernist ponces.

Why do anti-cycling posters always focus on their clothing? It is a common
thread from Matty Parris to The Clarkson Thing. Is it due to the fact that
none of them has a remote chance of fitting into any lycra and this brings
out the us and them mentality? I am a normal fat and unfit car driver and
look at those silly thin, fit, happy people over there. Aren't they stupid
looking?

he's not a anti-cycling poster.

but the answer is dressed up in lycra etc the cyclist like a lot of
sporting activities does look stupid looking in many ways.

roger
--
www.rogermerriman.com
Capital to Coast
Old July 7th 09, 04:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brimstone[_8_]

Keitht wrote:

You appear to be micturating in a non-leeward direction

ROFL

Bloody Cyclists! Get off the road! Tosspot[_2_] UK 35 May 8th 09 12:02 AM
Bloody cyclists!!! dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers UK 5 December 7th 04 11:40 PM
Bloody cyclists! dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers UK 42 December 7th 04 01:42 PM
Bloody cyclists PK UK 4 February 13th 04 03:07 PM
Bloody cyclists- nobody760 UK 29 December 21st 03 12:05 AM