Tough road tires

Old May 25th 07, 04:30 AM posted to aus.bicycle
neon[_4_]

Default Tough road tires

I thinking of getting some 'extra tough' road tires for the winter
(seeing it started raining again ), I thinking Conti 4 season, Speci
gator skins or the like. Maybe 25mm for a little extra meat on rim for
night riding. Any recommendations.

--
neon

Old May 25th 07, 04:37 AM posted to aus.bicycle
neon[_5_]

Sorry, Specialized make Armadillos. Too many animal names.

--
neon

Old May 25th 07, 07:37 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

On May 25, 1:30 pm, neon
wrote:
I thinking of getting some 'extra tough' road tires for the winter
(seeing it started raining again ), I thinking Conti 4 season, Speci
gator skins or the like. Maybe 25mm for a little extra meat on rim for
night riding. Any recommendations.

--
neon

I noticed that Ribble in the UK has got Vittoria Rubino Pro foldings
in 25 mm as well as 23. These are tough tires that many people swear
by and others find a bit wooden - I've been using them for several
years happily, for training and C grade racing. Ribble has got 10% off
everything this weekend - I'll try to remember to post the coupon
number tomorrow.

Donga

Old May 25th 07, 01:14 PM posted to aus.bicycle
gravelmuncher[_53_]

neon Wrote:
I thinking of getting some 'extra tough' road tires for the winter
(seeing it started raining again ), I thinking Conti 4 season, Speci
gator skins or the like. Maybe 25mm for a little extra meat on rim for
night riding. Any recommendations.

I've been on Mich. Krylion's for a while now, and they've been
fantastic. No flat's yet, no big cuts, and roll really well.

gm

--
gravelmuncher

Old May 25th 07, 11:05 PM posted to aus.bicycle
NoBoozHere

"gravelmuncher" wrote
in message ...

neon Wrote:
I thinking of getting some 'extra tough' road tires for the winter
(seeing it started raining again ), I thinking Conti 4 season, Speci
gator skins or the like. Maybe 25mm for a little extra meat on rim for
night riding. Any recommendations.

I've been on Mich. Krylion's for a while now, and they've been
fantastic. No flat's yet, no big cuts, and roll really well.

gm

--
gravelmuncher

Michelin Dynamics....

Think you've got it tough? cfsmtb Australia 13 November 10th 06 02:24 AM
Road Tires. Techniques 18 March 5th 06 12:57 AM
FS: IRC Road Tires Frankie Talllarico Marketplace 0 June 18th 05 02:05 AM
Good place to buy cheap, tough tires for road training? Boyd Speerschneider General 2 October 5th 03 01:44 PM
Road Tires Kegger General 1 August 4th 03 12:41 AM