Are we cyclists the only true Christians and any other Jesus in onlya Conspiracy?

Old September 5th 09, 10:13 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Edward Dolan

Default Keith T makes fun of Jesus Christ! Is he a Muslim?

"Tosspot" wrote in message
Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]
A joke like the above could get you murdered in the Netherlands as it has
several others who spoke out against Islam. The Muslims are savages and
the best way to put them down is with overwhelming force of arms. The
Russians at least know how to do it and they did it in Chechnya.

And there we see the famous Christian (intentionally capitalised)
tolerance. People ask why I'm an atheist, well, there is your answer.

Don't think atheists can murder better than anyone? Think again. I give you
Hitler, Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot from just this past century to begin with.

If you are an atheist, the least you can do is shut up about it - you
freaking idiot!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old September 5th 09, 10:25 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Edward Dolan

"Keitht" KeithT wrote in message
Edward Dolan wrote:

Yup, a coward to the core. Easy to make fun of Christians since they
don't fight back, not so easy to make fun of Muslims since they do fight
back. Maybe Keith T does not want to get murdered for an asinine
religious joke?

So far, I've not sen any interjection to the posts from any declared
muslim or other faith other than 'christians' [Christians] who show very
little of the ten commandments but plenty of what they accuse others of.

I doubt there are any Muslims on these cycling newsgroups. If there were
both you and I would be in trouble. Only a scoundrel like Tom Sherman would
remain in their good graces because he has equated Palestinian suicide
bombers with the Israeli military.

What is interesting is the arguments between the solipsists.

"Solipsism - (philosophy) the philosophical theory that the self is all that
you know to exist." - WordWeb

Please, let us not get into philosophy. That would be way over the heads of
the honorable members of these noble newsgroups.

Old September 5th 09, 10:36 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Neil Brooks

On Sep 5, 3:25*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

Please, let us not get into philosophy. That would be way over the heads of
the honorable members of these noble newsgroups.

.... and expose your stultifying dull-wittedness, Ed?

There IS that risk, though you tackle it handily with each successive
post.
Old September 5th 09, 10:37 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Edward Dolan

"Luddite Wacko" wrote in message
Edward Dolan wrote:
}
} "Luddite Wacko" wrote in message
} ...
} Edward Dolan wrote:
} }
} } "Luddite Wacko" wrote in message
} } ...
} } Edward Dolan wrote:
} }
} } } Usenet is not a proper medium for making fun of Christianity
} }
} } I would guess that there is no medium that would be acceptable for
} } making fun of your beliefs. Usenet is an INTERNATIONAL forum that
} } does not belong to you, the mullahs or, in fact, ANYONE. Hence,
} } its appropriateness for offending people is no less than any other
} } open forum.
} }
} } Christianity in this day and age is an easy mark. You are afraid to
} } make fun of any other religion, especially the Muslim religion.
} } That is because, like all your ilk, you are a coward.
} }
} } Really, how insecure are you in the validity of your faith? If it
} } is not ok for it to take a shot now and then, it must be fragile
} } indeed. You may be "great" and "beatified", but you, sir, have
} } feet of plasticine. Like most prophets, you clearly need a shrink (
} } or maybe an e-meter might help).
} }
} } Religion matters far less to me than it does to you. But I don't
} } like cowards taking pot shots at an easy mark like Christianity.
} } The next thing you know, you will be attacking WASPs!
} }
} } Why not prove me wrong? Make a really long joke about Mahomet, the
} } prophet.
}
} That would just be downright mean. Autism is only funny to cruel,
} small- minded morons.
}
} Yup, a coward to the core.

I guess I should have known better than to try subtlety on someone like
you. Have some Powdermilk Biscuits with your breakfast, maybe you will
understand.

That god damn Garrison Keillor is an abomination and a disgrace to
Minnesota! **** him all the way to Hell and back!

} Easy to make fun of Christians since they don't fight back

You see, "Christian" is meaningless. That guy sitting next to you at
mass tomorrow calls himself a "Christian", even a "Catholic", but he
does not actually believe the same things that you do. There are about a
billion definitions of "Christian", which renders the term meaningless.
The original title of this thread seems to imply that there is some
positive connotation to the term, in the utter absence of any supporting
evidence and an abundance to the contrary. This is one of the reasons
why people with clear heads call the believers (of any exclusive
religion) "irrational".

The Protestant Reformation really muddied the waters I must admit. Still,
there is a core belief that all Christians hold dear. For instance, there is
never any confusion differentiating between a Muslim and a Christian. One is
a primitive tribal religion that was spread by the sword and the other is a
religion capable of becoming a universal religion for all mankind precisely
because of it rational elements. I leave it to you to decide which is which.

Old September 5th 09, 11:03 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Edward Dolan

"Neil Brooks" wrote in message
On Sep 5, 3:25 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

Please, let us not get into philosophy. That would be way over the heads
of
the honorable members of these noble newsgroups.

... and expose your stultifying dull-wittedness, Ed?

There IS that risk, though you tackle it handily with each successive

post.

Get back to me after you have read Kant, Hegel and Schopenhauer. English
translations are OK.

Old September 6th 09, 04:19 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Luddite Wacko[_3_]

Edward Dolan wrote:
}
} "Luddite Wacko" wrote in message
} ...
} Edward Dolan wrote:
} }
} } "Luddite Wacko" wrote in message
} } ...
} } Edward Dolan wrote:
} } }
} } } "Luddite Wacko" wrote in message
} } } ...
} } } Edward Dolan wrote:
} } }
[...]

You are a sad, bitter person with a broken smile. What is living worth
if you are unable to laugh?

[...]

For a millenium and a half, western society remained static: an era
known as the "Dark Ages". When the church began to lose its grip, the
west began to see progress. During that time, the arab world was making
impressive gains (can you say "al gebra"?). As the mullahs began to
close their grip on their people, the middle east lost its lead and
decended into stasis.

Religion by definition lacks rational elements. All the doctrine is
simply borrowed ideas attributed to some absent omnid. The human defect
that makes us susceptible to religion is a need that can be satisfied in
a personal way without having to interfere with the lives of others:
this is how it would be in the best of all possible worlds. Instead, we
periodically succumb to the whims of charismatic leaders who use
religion to whip up a furor and empower those individuals. It is not
religion or lack thereof that makes anyone good or bad, the sole source
of "evil" is greed and the hunger for power, and it is pretty clear that
the message of the "founders" of both the religions you mention
recognised that problem and warned against it, ultimately to no effect.
Old September 6th 09, 04:24 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Luddite Wacko[_3_]

Edward Dolan wrote:
}
} "Tosspot" wrote in message
} ...
} Edward Dolan wrote:
} [...]
} A joke like the above could get you murdered in the Netherlands as
} it has several others who spoke out against Islam. The Muslims are
} savages and the best way to put them down is with overwhelming
} force of arms. The Russians at least know how to do it and they did
} it in Chechnya.
}
} And there we see the famous Christian (intentionally capitalised)
} tolerance. People ask why I'm an atheist, well, there is your answer.
}
} Don't think atheists can murder better than anyone? Think again. I
} give you Hitler, Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot from just this past century
} to begin with.

The above is the definition of "post hoc ergo propter hoc" (and you will
have to provide evidence that Adolf Hitler was an atheist - if so, he
sure did a fine job of conning the vatican into supporting him). If
Tomas de Torquemada had had the means, there is little doubt he would
have wreaked comparable devastion.

} If you are an atheist, the least you can do is shut up about it - you
} freaking idiot!

If you are a Catholic, you should proudly take your children to be
buggered by your annointed clergy.
Old September 6th 09, 04:29 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman °_°[_2_]

Luddite Wacko wrote:
[...]
The above is the definition of "post hoc ergo propter hoc" (and you will
have to provide evidence that Adolf Hitler was an atheist - if so, he
sure did a fine job of conning the vatican into supporting him). If
Tomas de Torquemada had had the means, there is little doubt he would
have wreaked comparable devastion.[...]

Did he not have the weapons of fear, surprise, and ruthless
efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope?

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
Celebrity culture is an opposite of community, informing us
Old September 6th 09, 04:37 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Edward Dolan

"Luddite Wacko" wrote in message
Edward Dolan wrote:
}
} "Tosspot" wrote in message
} ...
} Edward Dolan wrote:
} [...]
[...]

have wreaked comparable devastation.

My God, your ignorance is unbelievable! Hitler, like Stalin and all the
others listed above, were atheists to the core. Unlike your atheist tyrants,
all the Spanish Inquisitor ever wanted to do was to save souls for the
Kingdom.

**** you too, you god damn ******* murdering atheist son of a bitch!

****ing Regards,

Old September 6th 09, 05:05 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Edward Dolan

Edward Dolan wrote:
}
} "Luddite Wacko" wrote in message
} ...

[...]
} I guess I should have known better than to try subtlety on someone
} like you. Have some Powdermilk Biscuits with your breakfast, maybe
} you will understand.
}
} That god damn Garrison Keillor is an abomination and a disgrace to
} Minnesota! **** him all the way to Hell and back!
}

You are a sad, bitter person with a broken smile. What is living worth
if you are unable to laugh?

If Garrison Keillor were the least bit funny, I would laugh. But he is a
liberal ******* just like you are.
[...]

[...]

What a laugh all of the above is! The Arab world was always second rate. The
Church preserved Roman civilization during the Dark Ages in the monasteries
(particularly in Ireland), only awaiting the Renaissance In Italy.

Religion by definition lacks rational elements. All the doctrine is
simply borrowed ideas attributed to some absent omnid. The human defect
that makes us susceptible to religion is a need that can be satisfied in
a personal way without having to interfere with the lives of others:
this is how it would be in the best of all possible worlds. Instead, we
periodically succumb to the whims of charismatic leaders who use
religion to whip up a furor and empower those individuals. It is not
religion or lack thereof that makes anyone good or bad, the sole source
of "evil" is greed and the hunger for power, and it is pretty clear that
the message of the "founders" of both the religions you mention
recognised that problem and warned against it, ultimately to no effect.

Well, I don't totally disagree with Keith on much of the above, but I would
like to point out to him that there is something in humanity that demands
gods. I think we are hardwired to BELIEVE, and those of us who no longer
believe should not make it our mission to discourage belief. Why do I say
that? Because mankind without belief is even worse than mankind with belief.

It is a deep study to discover what the role of religion is in human society
and also what the role of religion is in the life of an individual. Unlike
Keith, I am quite humble in proposing any relief to this situation. Mankind
has always been plagued with gods and demons and maybe it is better that
way.