Haluzak on the Horizon

Old July 10th 04, 04:50 AM

Default Haluzak on the Horizon

(Leif) wrote in news:460b6187.0407081707.54b8e919
@posting.google.com:

Hi everyone. I've been a reader of this group for only a few weeks
but find it very informative. Thanks!

I ordered a Haluzak Horizon direct from their shop in Santa Rosa CA.
My understanding is that it comes partially assembled. Does anyone
have any advice as to how I should approach putting the rest of it
together? I do have some experience w/ diamond frame bike maintenance
and tinkering, and I already own a Lightning Thunderbolt (which I
bought already assembled).
I guess what I'm asking is, should I even attempt doing the
assembly/adjustments myself, or should I find someone who knows what
they're doing?
How hard can it be? (famous last words)

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Leif

I don't know what's included, but if you are confident and competent at
setting up and adjusting road/mountain bike brakes, shifters, and
derailleur, you'll be fine. The Haluzak bikes use standard road and
mountain components with their own indirect USS and web/mesh seat.

I'm no mechanic, but I've taken my Haluzak Hybrid Race down to no two
screws together and put it back together again. The hardest thing to get
right was the front brake which is sensitive to toe-in and squeals like
a stuck pig until/unless it's right.

Check out Sheldon Brown's site for info on adjusting derailleurs, and
check out the Avid site for detailed instructions on how to set up their
brakes.

You've got a good bike, and you'll gain a lot by setting it up yourself.

Chas
Haluzak Hybrid Race -- the inline wheelchair