Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

Old August 2nd 11, 08:04 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

Default Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Jul 29, 5:57 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
Usenet is for fun and games only.
Even Tom Sherman has come to that
conclusion.

Putting word in Tom's mouth now are you?

Not only do you not know how to play the game of Usenet, but you also do not
know how to read. Tom Sherman has not posted anything of substance for
years. His middle name is now frivolity. Note how I do not spend much time
on him anymore. That is because we are both just a couple of clowns. Yea, I
have reduced him to his proper level. His days of pontificating on these
newsgroups is long gone.

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old August 2nd 11, 08:16 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Jul 29, 6:14 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
You want friendly
personal relationships even in cyber space.

No, but on topic civility is not to much to ask.

It is too much to ask which is why you are never going to get it. Usenet
without moderators is strictly for clowns. I know that, you don't. It is why
you are always making a fool of yourself with your seriousness. I only
pretend to be serious. I am always and forever mocking since that is what
anyone dumb enough to post to Usenet deserves.

Ed Gin should have taught you something, but there are none so pigheaded as
will not learn from experience. I owe everything I am today on Usenet to Tom
Sherman, my teacher and mentor.

Old August 11th 11, 04:06 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac

On Aug 2, 1:34*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

On Jul 29, 5:33 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

I can see you are well underway to becoming a crackpot on food and health
issues. This is a fate that often befalls those who for the first time in
their lives feel threatened by their own mortality. Have fun! It might
make
a difference on the margin, but I doubt it.
You are blind to research concerning food and health because you are

too lazy to take the time to become informed and enlightened ...ever
the the choice of the ignorant.

I once did what you are presently doing and came to the conclusion that it
was all crackpotism.

One of two things is apparent. Either you didn't do your research
properly or you drew the wrong conclusions. Have a look at this link
from John Hopkins and see what is said abour consumption of dairy meat
and how it affects genes that trigger of hasten exiting prostate
cancer....

http://urology.jhu.edu/newsletter/prostate_cancer67.php

John Hopkins is considered the best hospital in this country if not
the worlds and wrote the book on Urology. Patrick C. Walsh, M.D. I
one of the formemost prostate cancer experts and surgeons. I dare say
that they more about all this than you do.

You will come to that conclusion too when nothing you
do seems to help. Take your meds and forget all that food and health crap..

See what I wrote in ARBR in this regard entitle Ed Dolan loves the
FDA.

The bottom line is that no one will listen to you because you lack the
necessary credentials. If you ever start proselytizing, you could become
dangerous and a menace to others.
Well NO ... the bottom line is that people are more likely to listen

to someone like myself who cites others with credentials than to listen
to someone like yourself who is devoid of credentials and who refuses
to avail himself *published research states opinion not based on fact
without any attempt to corroborate his errant statements.
Proselytizing I will leave to you. *That's your thing, not mine.

You would need an advanced degree in the subjects and be affiliated with a
prestigious institution of higher learning. You would also have to have the
respect of your peers in the subjects involved. Barring any of the above,
you are hopelessly at sea.

On needs none of this to avail oneself of the information that is
readily availabe for those with an open mind and eagerness to learn.
That leaves you out.

Old August 11th 11, 04:24 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac

On Aug 2, 1:55*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

On Jul 29, 5:46 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

Lots of other factors contribute to poor health besides what foods we eat.
Attempted diversion duly noted. Yes, other factors also contribute to

poor health but that does not contradict the point that my statement
made ... that the food that we eat contributes to good or bad health
and when bad, inflates health care costs, *I might add that your
beloved governmental powers that be, including your beloved FDA do not
ensure the safety of the food that you consume. *Allow me to just
touch briefly on just *chickens and eggs for example...

Blah, blah, blah ...
[...]

My blah, blah, blah tha you deleted has been reinserted...

Four studies implementing a plant-based diet and exercise following
prostate cancer diagnosis found a decrease in prostate cancer
progression rates.

Drugs are given to chickens to combat parasites that thrive in factory
farming conditions. Chemicals linked to cancer and birth defects have
been found in eggs and chicken portions. The chemical residue from
drugs given to chickens are regarded as too dangerous for use in human
medicine. Sloppy farming methods and inadequate checks by government
officials had allowed them to get into the food chain.

The drugs include nicarbazin, known to cause birth defects and
hormonal problems in animals, and lasalocid, linked to heart problems.
A third drug, dimetridazole (DMZ), has never been properly evaluated,
but there are concerns it can cause birth defects and cancer. Some of
the drugs are also said to interfere with the working of prescription
medicines. The Government insisted there was no risk.

Close to 20 per cent of chicken livers and 10 per cent of the eggs
checked in government tests contained residues of the drugs. That
amounts to 160 million affected chickens sold in the last 12 months
and 985 million eggs.

Nicarbazin has been found above recommended levels in 18 per cent of
chicken livers. In one sample, the level was 50 times higher.
Nicarbazin was also in 2 per cent of eggs. Lasalocid is not licensed
for laying hens, however it was found in 8.5 per cent of sampled egg
batches and 12 per cent of chicken muscle samples.

DMZ was in 0.5 per cent of eggs despite the fact it is not allowed in
feed given to laying hens.

As concerns your often cited assertion that one should eat a variety
of food in moderation, I have contended that some food should not be
consumed even in moderation and especially foods know to be
particularly harmful to person with certain afflictions. In one
study, approximately 1300 men diagnosed with prostate cancer were
followed for two years to document their dietary patterns and
recurrence or progression of their disease. In this study, two
specific animal foods were found to be risky - the men that ate the
most eggs or poultry with skin were twice as likely to have their
disease recur or progress.

This study makes three important points.

1. Diet DOES MATTER (Despite your claim to the contrary), even after a
prostate cancer diagnosis

2. There is something in chicken, specifically in the crispy outer
portion and skin that is powerfully cancer-inducing. Heterocyclic
amines, carcinogenic compounds that are formed when meat is cooked at
high temperatures, are a probable culprit. A November 2009 study of
175,000 men showed an increase in prostate cancer risk with
consumption of barbequed and grilled meat.

3. Consumption of eggs and egg whites is not without risk. Eggs are
high in animal protein, which has been linked to cancers. Our
populations’ idea that more protein is favorable and that egg (whites)
are the perfect food does not hold up to scrutiny. Eggs also could
affect prostate cancer due to their high choline content – egg
consumption increases the amount of choline in the plasma, and high
plasma choline increases prostate cancer risk.

I never ate any chicken or eggs hardly in my life and yet I got prostate
cancer. As to how much it will effect progression and/or recurrence of the
disease, hard to say ... isn't it? If I liked chicken or eggs I would eat
them and say to hell with the cancer.

Another major contributor is dair and red meat. Se this link previous
mentione in another psst...

http://urology.jhu.edu/newsletter/prostate_cancer67.php

A primary care doctor will determine what is routine and what is not
routine, not the patient.
WRONG again! *A patient needs to assume a role in his or her health

care. *A PSA test is considered fairly routine In the US and certain
other Western countries *In the UK, neither the patient nor the doctor
determine what is "routine". *The socialized medicine bureaucracy
makes that determination *Do you every take the time and/or make the
effort to familiarize yourself with the facts before seizing the
opportunity to run your mouth and embarrass yourself in a public
forum? *Stating something as fact when such statement contradicts the
fact is ludicrous, but you do so like play the role of clown.

The primary care doctor will follow whatever the medical bureaucracy has
determined to be routine. Your argument makes no sense whatsoever.

Your problem is that you assume that you know more than everyone else based
on a few months reading of questionable literature. Fools rush in where
angels fear to tread. Also, a little learning is a dangerous thing. Or did I
already say that once or twice before.

You problem is that you assume that you know more than everyone else
period and that is why you delete whole section of what I have posted
with a gratuitous blah blah, blah and label experts who know more that
you as having authored questionable literature. It must be such a
burden being a myopic visionary and the self-appointed Oracle
Worthington. A little learning is a dangerous thing and that is
precisely why you shouldn't have called an end to what is a lifelong
process. On thing is for certain. Your arrogance is legendary.

But the problem is that even garden
variety health care is expensive. It need not be as is proven by the VA
health care system.
The VA health care system is a government run taxpayer subsidized

heath care system. *It may appear inexpensive to you the veteran, but
in reality it is not.

It was also paid for by my years serving in the military at slave wages.
Even so, it is relatively inexpensive compared to all other systems of
health care delivery.

Years??? You weren't in the military long enough to foot the bill for
the benefits you received and you very well know that, so who do you
think you're fooling? Yourself perhaps, but certainly not me.

Old August 11th 11, 04:30 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac

On Aug 2, 2:04*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

On Jul 29, 5:57 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

Usenet is for fun and games only.
Even Tom Sherman has come to that
conclusion.
Putting word in Tom's mouth now are you?

Not only do you not know how to play the game of Usenet, but you also do not
know how to read. Tom Sherman has not posted anything of substance for
years. His middle name is now frivolity. Note how I do not spend much time
on him anymore. That is because we are both just a couple of clowns. Yea, I
have reduced him to his proper level. His days of pontificating on these
newsgroups is long gone.

You never have nor never will comprehend the purpose of the Usenet
newsgroup. Usenet is not about playing games. Trolls like yourself
make a game of Usenet and are despised for doing so. Clown? Well
yeah. I'l agree with you there. You are a clown and Usenet is you
cyber-circus.

Old August 11th 11, 04:40 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac

On Aug 2, 2:16*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

On Jul 29, 6:14 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

You want friendly
personal relationships even in cyber space.
No, but on topic civility is not to much to ask.

It is too much to ask which is why you are never going to get it. Usenet
without moderators is strictly for clowns.

Trolls who are clown you mean. Lac of a moderator merely provides
opportunity that the troll (clown) exploits. The American
Psychiatric Association considers the internet troll to be a form of
mental illness ... a personality disorder. Is there anything good
about that?

Trolls are often socially disenfranchised, devoid of interpersonal
skills. Trolls generally have no substantive connection to the cyber-
community that they troll and view the internet as a convenient,
delocalized communication conduit for their bizarre anti-social
behavior. The internet is their cyber-playpen. Trolls post attention-
seeking, provocative messages hoping to bait and entice other users
into angry and/or fruitless responses. A troll is an abusive user who
delights in upsetting others and creating discord in an online
community ... someone who purposefully posts messages deliberately
crafted to annoy antagonize, and infuriate ... messages that are off-
topic, inflammatory, or even controversial, rude, offensive, or
divisive with every intent to disrupt normal discussion or provoke a
desired emotional response.

Trolls are utterly immune to criticism and logical arguments. Trolls
cannot be negotiated with or reasoned with. One cannot cause a troll
to feel shame, compassion or remorse. When one attempts to reason
with a troll, the troll wins. When one insults a troll, the troll
wins. Trolls are generally sociopathic and, do not feel encumbered or
constrained by rules of etiquette, common courtesy or social
boundaries. Trolls consider themselves above social constraints and
responsibilities. Trolls view the Internet as a mirror into which
they can gaze in narcissistic rapture. Disrupting a stable newsgroup
gives the troll an illusion of power. Trolls often style themselves
as gadflies, challenging and subverting the dominant discourse and
assumptions of the forum they are trolling. Trolls crave attention,
and it matters not whether it is positive or negative. For trolls,
any response is "recognition" since it serves as a means to garner a
twisted sense of self-importance, itself a satisfying emotional reward
for the troll. Trolls are unable to distinguish between irritation
and admiration and their ego grows in proportion to the number of
accumulated response, regardless of form or content. Trolls dispute
this, claiming that it's just fun, a game, or a joke, but this merely
confirms diagnosis. Trolls live lonely, cowardly lives behind the
anonymity of a keyboard, desperately engaged a mind-numbing, time-
wasting, trivial hobby that is their source of amusement.

I know that, you don't. It is why
you are always making a fool of yourself with your seriousness. I only
pretend to be serious. I am always and forever mocking since that is what
anyone dumb enough to post to Usenet deserves.

I refer you to what I said immediately above. You are such a fool
that you don't even recognize how foolish you are.

Ed Gin should have taught you something, but there are none so pigheaded as
will not learn from experience. I owe everything I am today on Usenet to Tom
Sherman, my teacher and mentor.

Still hung up on Ed Gin I see ... a pity really..

Old August 11th 11, 05:13 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Aug 2, 1:34 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
You would need an advanced degree in the subjects and be affiliated with a
prestigious institution of higher learning. You would also have to have
the
respect of your peers in the subjects involved. Barring any of the above,
you are hopelessly at sea.

On needs none of this to avail oneself of the information that is

readily availabe for those with an open mind and eagerness to learn.
That leaves you out.

Scientific knowledge is available to doctors. It is their business to know
it and to keep up to date on whatever pertains to their specialties. Damned
if I am going to do their work for them. I've got more important things to
do ... like listening to the music of Beethoven for instance.

Old August 11th 11, 05:25 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
[...]

I am assuming it is none of my business to bother with what doctors know or
don't know. That is their business. If I had wanted to be a doctor, I would
have. Frankly, the bodies of all animals (including my own) disgust me. I am
thankful that I had the good sense to stay the hell away from medicine.
[...]

But the problem is that even garden
variety health care is expensive. It need not be as is proven by the VA
health care system.

The VA health care system is a government run taxpayer subsidized

heath care system. It may appear inexpensive to you the veteran, but
in reality it is not.

It was also paid for by my years serving in the military at slave wages.
Even so, it is relatively inexpensive compared to all other systems of
health care delivery.

Years??? You weren't in the military long enough to foot the bill for

the benefits you received and you very well know that, so who do you
think you're fooling? Yourself perhaps, but certainly not me.

Nope, it was an earned benefit that was made by mutual agreement at the time
of my enlistment. Duration of service has nothing to do with it.

Old August 11th 11, 05:29 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Aug 2, 2:04 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

Not only do you not know how to play the game of Usenet, but you also do
not
know how to read. Tom Sherman has not posted anything of substance for
years. His middle name is now frivolity. Note how I do not spend much time
on him anymore. That is because we are both just a couple of clowns. Yea,
have reduced him to his proper level. His days of pontificating on these
newsgroups is long gone.

You never have nor never will comprehend the purpose of the Usenet

newsgroup. Usenet is not about playing games. Trolls like yourself
make a game of Usenet and are despised for doing so. Clown? Well
yeah. I'l agree with you there. You are a clown and Usenet is you
cyber-circus.

You are the only serious person left on Usenet as far as I can tell. It is
why you come across as such a fool. Far better to be a clown like Tom
Sherman and me.

Old August 11th 11, 05:43 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Aug 2, 2:16 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
It is too much to ask which is why you are never going to get it. Usenet
without moderators is strictly for clowns.

Trolls who are clown you mean. Lac of a moderator merely provides

opportunity that the troll (clown) exploits. The American
Psychiatric Association considers the internet troll to be a form of
mental illness ... a personality disorder. Is there anything good
about that?

When in Rome, do as the Romans do. The only one who is acting out of the
mainstream is yourself. Tom Sherman is the expert on Usenet, not you. You
proved your lack of perspicacity via the Ed Gin episode on ARBR some years
back.

You are stuck in a time warp. Usenet may have been worth something when it
was new, but it is now old and it is worthless. I suspect Facebook and the
other social websites are more your speed.
[...]

freedom cycle forum craig General 0 December 28th 06 08:52 AM
Insight into phases of the internet forum ... A Perspective JimmyMac Recumbent Biking 6 November 1st 06 06:45 PM
Stupid internet geek posting in this forum. Paulie-AU Australia 0 September 28th 06 02:12 AM
Some insight into the life and phases of a mailing list ... A Perspective [email protected] Recumbent Biking 2 February 10th 05 11:49 PM
Internet only cycle store? [email protected] UK 6 December 23rd 04 09:23 AM