Senior Olympics

Old August 6th 04, 02:14 AM
Tom Sherman

Default Senior Olympics

Curtis L. Russell wrote:

...OTOH, its great taking ALL the holidays off....

Practice Islam on Friday, Judaism on Saturday and Christianity on Sunday.

--
Tom Sherman – Quad City Area

Old August 6th 04, 02:20 AM
Tom Sherman

Edward Dolan wrote:

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was
God."

Edward Dolan thought:

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with Edward Dolan, and
the Word was Edward Dolan."

--
Tom Sherman – Quad City Area

Old August 6th 04, 02:26 AM
Curtis L. Russell

On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 20:12:19 -0500, Tom Sherman
wrote:

OTOH, its great taking ALL the holidays off. With that and four weeks
vacation...

Vacation? I am not familiar with this concept.

When I was self-employed, neither was I. It was too much like being
unemployed. Back then my wife had been with the same hospital for some
years and was getting four plus weeks a year in vacation.

Now she changed hospitals a bit over a year ago to stay in the same
type oncology position and gets about three weeks, while my days off
really are ridiculous (not to mention, we're chucked out of the Center
at 4:00 pm every Friday). The difference is, my wife felt compelled to
paint different rooms on her weeks off: I've managed to reach a higher
calling and can make a perfect Black and Tan or Beamish and Bass half
and half.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
Old August 6th 04, 03:45 AM
Edward Dolan

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
Edward Dolan wrote:

Jesus Christ! A Jew who does not even capitalize Jew!

A rather odd exclamatory phrase in this context, no?

It was intentional. Notice how I did capitalize Jesus Christ. Even though I
am an atheist, I know the Catholic religion and most of Christianity better
than most. On the several occasions when I have been to Europe I spent much
of my time exploring the great Gothic cathedrals. Surely, that has got to
count for something.

Also, I was the perfect little altar boy in my youth. I can still say the
altar boy's responses in the Mass in Latin by heart. The education of a
Catholic in his religion is mostly via catechism lessons. My primer was
something called the Baltimore Catechism. That stuff, once learned, will
stay with you for all eternity.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old August 6th 04, 06:10 AM
Edward Dolan

"Child" wrote in message

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

[...]
Mark Twain could do this, although I find his style tiring in the

extreme.
little bit of it goes a long ways. The rest of us should never attempt

it.
Leave the "yokelisms" to the yokels. Informal styles eventually soon

pale,
become boring and finally unreadable.

I like yokelisms. Keeps me awake. Mark Twain is a good "common" writer,
isn't he?

Try reading Huckleberry Finn again and see if it doesn't drive you to
distraction. There really is no substitute for fine writing. The English do
this much better than we Americans. In fact, the genius of the English is in
their language and their literature. Their theater is also the best the
world has ever seen.

I thought you said I didn't know how to write, eddie?

If I thought you did not know how to write, I would not bother with you

the
same way I do not bother with slugger. I know that you do know how to

write
but that you refuse to do so for all the wrong reasons.

Funny, because just the other day you wanted me to prove I can write.

Being purposely obtuse will get you nowhere with me.

LOL, and what would yours think about you trying to be "boss of

the
internet"? Your imaginary standards aren't reality.

I send these messages of mine to my brother and sister for their

amusement
and education. Maybe you should do likewise. You might be shocked at

what
your parents and your brother think of how you are conducting

yourself
here.

My mother, brother and I converse via email frequently. Its informal,

full
of half sentences. No need to type full ones.

But your mother does not write like that when it is going to be seen by
outsiders (the public). We both know that don't we.

you mean, "We both know that, don't we?"

I think my informal style is rubbing off, or you have been drinking!

I do not polish my writing because, as I have told you before, that would be
overkill for this group. All Irishmen drink for God's sake! The Irish did
not invent whiskey for nothing.

And you aren't "the public" or rather - this isn't "my public" - this is

my
community of pals!

When you post a message to a Usenet group, you are in public. Anyone in the
world can read what you have written. No one on a newsgroup is your "pal".
Where did you ever get that idea I wonder?

You know as much about jews as you do about women, Eddie.

You do not know WHO you are or WHERE you came from. A short stay in

Israel
would soon enlighten you. I don't know which is worse, a self-hating Jew

or
just an ignorant Jew. You have much to look forward to in life in the

way
of
getting an education.

I have spent many months in Israel. My brother lived there for about 6
years.

But apparently your stay there was for nothing if you did not learn how
under the gun the Israelis are and by association how all Jews everywhere
are. The Muslims of this world simply hate Jews. Did you know that?

Jesus Christ! A Jew who does not even capitalize Jew!

Thats deliberate. I am not interested in organized religion.

You ought to be interested in the fact that you are a Jew. That is how the
rest of the world will see you for all eternity. Try to get up to the mark
why don't you, instead of caterwauling about not being religious. Hitler
killed Jews for nothing other than blood lust. Most of Europe still is
quite anti-Semitic.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old August 6th 04, 06:35 AM
Edward Dolan

"Child" wrote in message

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

I am certainly minimally eduated, and its not my idea. Evidentally,

you
need to stop speaking for ALL minimally educated persons, because some

of
us
find you full of ****.

A minimal education is not enough as you prove every time you post to

this
group. It is also necessary to have some culture to go along with the
education. But certain types of Jews are classically famous for being

vulgar
and crude. I see that you like to fulfill that stereotype.

Vulgarity is part of the yiddish language.

The Jews of Central Europe were never highly regarded by the high cultures
that surrounded it. Being vulgar and crude was what got the Jews a very bad
reputation in the first place. But you are not writing Yiddish - you are
writing English. So what is your excuse?

Actually, I detect that you are writing somewhat better now than

formerly.
All you need do is mind a few p's and q's and you will almost be up

the
mark. You do not ever want to be where slugger is at, do you?

I have no idea who or what "slugger" is, so maybe.

That is because you are a women and like all women have only very narrow
interests. You do not know what is going on on this newsgroup other than
what strikes your particular fancy of the moment. Do a search under
"slugger" and check out the way he writes. It will only take you a

minute
to decide whether or not you want to be like him.

I am having trouble finding time to bother with you, let alone slugger.

And Beth thought she could "handle" me. What a laugh! Women are inferior to
men intellectually and most other ways. They do have a better instinctive
sense of being good, but this does not translate to a higher morality. It is
always strictly a personal thing with them.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old August 6th 04, 06:47 AM
Edward Dolan

"Child" wrote in message

"Curtis L. Russell" wrote in message
On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 10:57:15 -0800, "Child"
wrote:

Thanks Curtis - you apparently know far more about my religious history

than
i do!

Between working at the Washington DC Jewish Community Center and
sharing the middle space at the Unitarian Universalist Church with the
mixed-marriage Jews, I sometimes think I'll need to learn to speak
Yiddish or Hebrew soon. Trying to find out which is easier, just in
case.

Unitarians are pretty cool. Yiddish is much funner than hebrew.

OTOH, its great taking ALL the holidays off. With that and four weeks
vacation, my wife is surprised when I actually go in to work...

LOL, I love non-profits!

See how Beth is all simpatico with those she likes and how she is all vulgar
and crude with those she does not like (I am full of **** according to her).
I ask you, would you like to be married to this woman? Would you like to go
for a bicycle ride with her? Make sure she likes you before you answer these
questions.

Beth like all her kind is hot and cold depending on internal factors which
only she knows about. I pity her poor new husband. She will no doubt tire of
him fairly soon and go on to others who will turn out to be even worse than
him. However, maybe if she gets the baby she wants (and I am sure that is
all she wants in this world), it will be enough to make her stick. Then he
is equally stuck - and may they live happily ever after.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old August 6th 04, 06:53 AM
Edward Dolan

Curtis L. Russell wrote:

...OTOH, its great taking ALL the holidays off....

Practice Islam on Friday, Judaism on Saturday and Christianity on Sunday.

--
Tom Sherman – Quad City Area

Islam is not in the same category as the other two religions, being mainly a
primitive Arab atrocity inflicted on the world. However, even Judaism is
basically only a tribal religion. The only true universal religion is
Christianity. All those others are infinitely inferior. Thus spake
Zarathustra.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old August 6th 04, 10:28 PM
Child

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

Try reading Huckleberry Finn again and see if it doesn't drive you to
distraction. There really is no substitute for fine writing. The English

do
this much better than we Americans. In fact, the genius of the English is

in
their language and their literature. Their theater is also the best the
world has ever seen.

so why waste time in Minnesota?

I think my informal style is rubbing off, or you have been drinking!

I do not polish my writing because, as I have told you before, that would

be
overkill for this group. All Irishmen drink for God's sake! The Irish did
not invent whiskey for nothing.

So you are the pot who calls the kettle black.

And you aren't "the public" or rather - this isn't "my public" - this is

my
community of pals!

When you post a message to a Usenet group, you are in public. Anyone in

the
world can read what you have written. No one on a newsgroup is your "pal".
Where did you ever get that idea I wonder?

Lots of people on this newsgroup are my pals.

I have spent many months in Israel. My brother lived there for about 6
years.

But apparently your stay there was for nothing if you did not learn how
under the gun the Israelis are and by association how all Jews everywhere
are. The Muslims of this world simply hate Jews. Did you know that?

No, I don't know that because its incorrect. I think you might like my
brothers writings though -
http://www.aijac.org.au/

Thats deliberate. I am not interested in organized religion.

You ought to be interested in the fact that you are a Jew. That is how the
rest of the world will see you for all eternity. Try to get up to the mark
why don't you, instead of caterwauling about not being religious. Hitler
killed Jews for nothing other than blood lust. Most of Europe still is
quite anti-Semitic.

And of course I am interested in my heritage, which stems from an organized
religion. But I am not interested in organized religion.

Old August 6th 04, 10:29 PM
Child

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
Vulgarity is part of the yiddish language.

The Jews of Central Europe were never highly regarded by the high cultures
that surrounded it. Being vulgar and crude was what got the Jews a very

bad
reputation in the first place. But you are not writing Yiddish - you are
writing English. So what is your excuse?

Cursing is part of my heritage that I embrace. I learned it from my family.
We are proud, talented cursers.

[...]

Eddie, you have made an ass out of yourself in this conversation with little
or no help from me. Its entertaining, and worth that little time it took to
make it happen! Thanks so much!