Isle of Wight this Sunday

Old April 28th 05, 09:28 PM
Not Responding

Default Isle of Wight this Sunday

So who's going to be there?

100km of enormous hills. Hell's own headwinds. Almost certain rain. Road
surfaces rejected by third world governments as substandard. How can you
resist?

FWIW, I plan to be on the 0800 Pompey to Fishbourne car ferry. I'll be
on the blue Tifosi and will be looking nervous on account of Sunday
being my re-aquaintance with clipless pedals.
Old April 28th 05, 10:07 PM
Tim Hall

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 21:28:24 +0100, Not Responding
wrote:

So who's going to be there?

100km of enormous hills. Hell's own headwinds. Almost certain rain. Road
surfaces rejected by third world governments as substandard. How can you
resist?

FWIW, I plan to be on the 0800 Pompey to Fishbourne car ferry. I'll be
on the blue Tifosi and will be looking nervous on account of Sunday
being my re-aquaintance with clipless pedals.

Great stuff. Starting from Havenstreet I presume?

Me and Mrs. Hall will be there on a blue Pino (half upright half
recumbent tandem). We're starting either at Havenstreet or Bembridge
(staying midway between the two).

I think a few other regulars are turning up too (MartinM for one).

Tim
Old April 28th 05, 10:55 PM
JohnB

Not Responding wrote:

So who's going to be there?

100km of enormous hills. Hell's own headwinds. Almost certain rain. Road
surfaces rejected by third world governments as substandard. How can you
resist?

FWIW, I plan to be on the 0800 Pompey to Fishbourne car ferry. I'll be
on the blue Tifosi and will be looking nervous on account of Sunday
being my re-aquaintance with clipless pedals.

Yep. Four of us riding down on Saturday and pitching our tents just
outside Cowes.
The farmer is allowing us to stay specially as we are cycling and the
field is apparently too wet for motorised 'campers' who would churn it
up :-)

I'll be on Trice, 12 year old son 'M' on a blue Marin, teenage daughter
'KJ' on Dawes, and a friend of daughter - a 19 year chap who I've lent a
blue Geoffrey Butler tourer to.
Its his first camping trip and his first ride on a drop handlebar bike.
He's also sharing a small tent with said daughter so I can tell I'm
going to have to be quite fatherly :-)

Will have a yellow ribbon flying as per Cycling Plus forum rules, and a
red one for urc.

We'll also be in the Travellers Joy on Sunday after the ride :-)

I'll AirZound if I see the Tifosi.

John B
Old April 28th 05, 11:22 PM
garryb59

wrote:

So who's going to be there?

100km of enormous hills. Hell's own headwinds. Almost certain rain. Road
surfaces rejected by third world governments as substandard. How can you
resist?

FWIW, I plan to be on the 0800 Pompey to Fishbourne car ferry. I'll be
on the blue Tifosi and will be looking nervous on account of Sunday
being my re-aquaintance with clipless pedals.

Yes, I'm pretty commited to being there, on my very own
home/brazed/welded effort-of-modeof-transport at that too.

In all honesty, I'm slightly nervous about this ride. I've done few
miles in the last 3 months and even fewer miles on this bike too, and
it's hilly....and I'm not fit.
Still...hey ho, who cares..

But please...no rain, please.

garryb
Old April 29th 05, 12:13 AM
garryb59

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 23:41:38 +0000, Jon Senior
jon_AT_restlesslemon_DOT_co_DOT_uk wrote:

garryb59 wrote:
Yes, I'm pretty commited to being there, on my very own
home/brazed/welded effort-of-modeof-transport at that too.

JPEGs!

Can't offer much in that respect I'm afraid Jon, apart from this early
record of affairs, not long after I got the thing finished. What a
fine looking specimen, eh!. I'd like to say that it all looks all so
different right now, nicely painted and all finished off, sadly
not...but all my brazing seems to have held up so far though.
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/vindaloo77/pednor.jpg
Got the donor frames for mk2 ready for the off, and a CF seat beckons
too, but time needs to be diverted elsewhere now.
Very interesting project to follow though, learnt a lot.

cheers
Garry

Which reminds me... need to relocate Hooves of Destiny as it is
currently still homeless from the move (Website, not bike... that's
still in pieces pending some tuits!).

Jon

Old April 29th 05, 10:31 AM
John Hearns

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 21:28:24 +0100, Not Responding wrote:

So who's going to be there?

100km of enormous hills. Hell's own headwinds. Almost certain rain. Road
surfaces rejected by third world governments as substandard. How can you
resist?

I will be there.
Staying at a farm near Havenstreet all weekend.

Look out for the black clad figure on a red and white Claud Butler road
bike.

Old April 29th 05, 10:48 AM
MartinM

Tim Hall wrote:

I think a few other regulars are turning up too (MartinM for one).

indeed I am, but won't be able to get there before the 0900
Pompey-Fishbourne ferry as I can't face driving down and parking. Will
have my yellow (C+) and red wristbands on the handlebars

Old April 29th 05, 11:14 AM
MartinM

Tim Hall wrote:

I think a few other regulars are turning up too (MartinM for one).

Indeed, but having checked the rubbish train service will be driving
down at least half way and gettting the 0800 car ferry same as Mr
Responding. AUK top and yellow h****t/bike (can't say any more than
that until I see the weather forecast) with red and yellow tape on the
bars.

Old April 29th 05, 04:10 PM
Al C-F

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 21:28:24 +0100, Not Responding
wrote:

So who's going to be there?

Me.

0800 Southampton to Cowes.

Are we turning right or left?

Isle of Wight - accomodation? John Hearns UK 13 February 25th 05 01:35 AM
Isle of Wight Randonnee 1st May Not Responding UK 11 February 16th 05 12:18 PM
isle of wight randonnee ok UK 10 February 1st 05 11:21 AM
Isle Of WIght in Sept? Tumbleweed UK 2 July 16th 04 10:18 AM
Isle of Wight Railways and Bicycles Jack Taylor UK 13 July 23rd 03 08:22 PM