Double hit& run on a cyclist

Old March 1st 04, 10:11 AM
McBain_v1

Default Double hit& run on a cyclist

Dirtylitterboxo wrote:
According to local news here in Norfolk, seems on Saturday evening, on
the outskirts of Shipdham (A1075) a cyslist was struck from behind by a
car and as he lay injured, was struck again by another vehicle. Neither
driver stopped :-(
What I find horrific about this is that neither driver stopped. Hit and
runs seem to be on the increase :-(
The cyclist is described as being in a stable condition in hospital.
One can only but hope that the drivers concerned are caught, have their
goolies (or female equivalent) chopped off, then are put up against a
wall and shot. Hit & runs are unforgivable.
Cheers, helen s

Hit and run incidents are terrible. Whilst I can understand fear o
accepting the consequences for really bad driving, this is not a
excuse. Looks like this is the way society is going if you ask me, it'
too easy to make it someone else's problem instead of dealing wit
things yourself

I didn't think much of the cyclist v. pedestrian hit and run point o
view. Generally speeds are far lower and so actual death rates are muc
lower when compared to car v. cyclist. Strange how you go to somewher
like Amsterdam which is awash with cyclists, pedestrians and trams, an
you hardly ever see collisions (at least I didn't in the 3 weeks I wa
over there). Must be our British mentality about not wanting to mov
from "our lane" or "our line" even if it means we're going to get wipe
out by someone / something moving faster

As for emasculating the culprits, it would be far better just to tatto
the words "Ar$ehole" on their foreheads so everyone knew what they are
as well as shaving their heads so they couldn't just grow a fringe an
hide their tat

-

Old March 1st 04, 10:26 AM
marc

McBain_v1 wrote:

.As for emasculating the culprits, it would be far better just to

tattoothe words "Ar$ehole" on their foreheads so everyone knew what they
are

ROFL!

Does anyone else find it funny that someone that wants to tattoo
offenders is too mealy mouthed to type the word that he wants to use?

-- Marc. Please note the above address is a spam trap, use marcc to
reply Printing for clubs of all types http://www.jaceeprint.demon.co.uk
Stickers, banners & clothing, for clubs,teams, magazines and dealers.
Old March 1st 04, 10:51 AM
McBain_v1

Marc wrote:
Does anyone else find it funny that someone that wants to tattoo
offenders is too mealy mouthed to type the word that he wants to use?

Thought this forum might have a word filter, hence the insertion of the
solalr symbol... you arsehole ;-)

Old March 1st 04, 11:10 AM
marc

McBain_v1 wrote:

Marc wrote: Does anyone else find it funny that someone that wants to
tattoo offenders is too mealy mouthed to type the word that he wants to
use? Thought this forum might have a word filter, hence the insertion of
thesolalr symbol... you arsehole ;-)

That's more like it! ;-)

Old March 1st 04, 01:37 PM
marc

Gawnsoft wrote:

Beware the deviation amplification spiral that leads to moral panics(1).
More reporting of an issue doesn't mean it's more common.

1) Guess who's doing a social studies OU course?

I did that one last year!

What do you think - anti-speeding activity by the authorities: moral
panic or unjustified all-out attack on our way of life?

It's a moral panic and used it as an example in my TMA

Old March 1st 04, 01:59 PM
David Hansen

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 13:34:40 +0000 someone who may be Gawnsoft
wrote this:-

1) Guess who's doing a social studies OU course?

I did that one last year!

What do you think - anti-speeding activity by the authorities: moral
panic or unjustified all-out attack on our way of life?

A social studies course where a question only has two possible
answers. Interesting.

prevents me using the RIP Act 2000.
Old March 1st 04, 02:35 PM
Simon Brooke

in message , McBain_v1
') wrote:

Marc wrote:
Does anyone else find it funny that someone that wants to tattoo
offenders is too mealy mouthed to type the word that he wants to use?

Thought this forum might have a word filter, hence the insertion of the
solalr symbol... you arsehole ;-)

God, some people really don't understand the technolgy they're using, do
they? How could a Usenet group possibly have a word filter? Where would it
be installed and how would it be enforced?

;; in faecibus sapiens rheum propagabit

Old March 1st 04, 02:36 PM
Doki

"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" wrote in
message ...
I,m not attacking cyclists but as a contrast the bobbies
are looking for three cyclists in full cycling attire who knocked down an
elderly couple who were crossing a pelican crossing, round here since we
became a university town and have boat loads of cycling students the

amount
of hit and runs on pedestrians plus damage to cars has gone up a fair

bit.

I hope they catch them too.

It is still the case though, that motorists cause by far the most

significant
proportion of death & injuries on the road. That's not excusing any

cyclist in
the situation you describe - it's merely fact on who/what is the major

cause of
the problem

I'm not sure that's true. The vast majority of people who are run over are
run over because they've wandered out into the road without looking, often
drunk. Of course, most of deaths in cars are caused by the driver of the car
or another cocking up.

Old March 1st 04, 02:42 PM
Colin Blackburn

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 14:35:03 GMT, Simon Brooke
wrote:

in message , McBain_v1
') wrote:

Thought this forum might have a word filter, hence the insertion of the
solalr symbol... you arsehole ;-)

God, some people really don't understand the technolgy they're using, do
they? How could a Usenet group possibly have a word filter? Where would
it
be installed and how would it be enforced?

Firstly, the poster is posting via cyclingforums.com, it just happens that
they provide a gateway to this newsgroup---unfortunately. He/she may not
ven know that what they send is seen on a newsgroup.

Secondly, it is possible to filter posts based on the words therein since
it is possible to moderate newsgroups. The filter, like moderation
software, could be installed on one net-enabled machine anywhere in the
world.

Colin