Double hit& run on a cyclist

Old March 2nd 04, 11:49 PM
AndyMorris

Default Double hit& run on a cyclist

Doki wrote:
AndyMorris wrote:

********

Its two old blokes who have to chose between safety and the freedom
to visit friends I feel sorry for.

What sort a **** witted system is it that lets people operate
dangerous machinery in a public place that depends on everyone else
keeping out of its way.

Shall I practice my chainsaw juggling in tesco's, after all they make
a racket so everyone will know to keep a safe distance?

I'm not sure how that would help the economy, whereas motor vehicles
quite clearly do.

Our booming economy seems to equate to more congestion, more 4 by 4's, more
yard wide TV's, more stupid trainers, more people blind ****ed on alcopops,
more people getting blind ****ed on alcopops in far away places and more low
fat ready meals. All paid for on the never never secured against house
prices so inflated that no one under 30 can afford to leave home.

Its all a bunch of tat.

--
Andy Morris

AndyAtJinkasDotFreeserve.Co.UK

Love this:

Old March 3rd 04, 09:19 AM
Doki

David Hansen wrote:
On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 16:04:31 -0000 someone who may be "Doki"
wrote this:-

Highway Code, Rules 180-185.

When you're talking about pedestrians being AT FAULT in the
accident, yes it is. If they weren't at fault, those rules would be
relevant.

The rules I mentioned make no mention of fault.

I know. However they can be used by the Police / courts when they're
deciding who's at fault. Says something very similar at the beginning of the
HC I think.

The stats I was originally thinking of seem to have been moved as
the URL no longer works. They came from the DFT IIRC.

Who did you get the URL from?

It was posted in uk.rec.driving last year.

Old March 3rd 04, 09:22 AM
Doki

AndyMorris wrote:
Doki wrote:

I'm not sure how that would help the economy, whereas motor vehicles
quite clearly do.

Our booming economy seems to equate to more congestion, more 4 by
4's, more yard wide TV's, more stupid trainers, more people blind
****ed on alcopops, more people getting blind ****ed on alcopops in
far away places and more low fat ready meals. All paid for on the
never never secured against house prices so inflated that no one
under 30 can afford to leave home.

Its all a bunch of tat.

Better than an economy without cars, ie: a third world ********. You seem to
be complaining about society rather than the economy IMO. Anyone who wants
to leave home before 30 and reckons they can't are talking out of their
arses IMO. It's perfectly possible to get a council house in a lot of places
then right to buy it after 2 years. I agree that the house price bubble is
bloody daft though. A lot of people are going to lose out and a lot of other
people are going to make a lot of cash when it collapses. Just try to be in
the second group of people...

Old March 3rd 04, 07:38 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 09:22:24 -0000, "Doki"
wrote in message :

It's perfectly possible to get a council house in a lot of places
then right to buy it after 2 years.

ROFLMAO!!! Not south of the Watford Gap it bloody isn't!

--
Guy
===

Old March 3rd 04, 09:18 PM
Tim Hall

On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 14:51:42 +0000, JohnB wrote:

McBain_v1 wrote:

Alan Braggins wrote:
Yes. For example, alt.hackers is a moderated group with no moderator,
posters being expected to set their posts as having been moderated
themselves.

I had no idea that my ignorance of forum moderating would trigger this
much techno-babble

You are lucky you weren't wearing a h*lm*t or riding an ali bike at the
time ;-)

Good thing you didn't mention the dirty knife either.

Tim
Old March 4th 04, 01:55 PM
Doki

wrote in message :

It's perfectly possible to get a council house in a lot of places
then right to buy it after 2 years.

ROFLMAO!!! Not south of the Watford Gap it bloody isn't!

Move North or rent somewhere then.

Old March 6th 04, 09:49 AM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 13:55:19 -0000, "Doki"
wrote in message :

It's perfectly possible to get a council house in a lot of places
then right to buy it after 2 years.

ROFLMAO!!! Not south of the Watford Gap it bloody isn't!

Move North or rent somewhere then.

Move North would be a great idea if it weren't for the underlying
reason why house prices are higher in the South: that is where the
jobs are. And as for renting - too risky, the sex trade is not an
attractive alternative to IT work.

--
Guy
===

Old March 6th 04, 10:50 AM
Graeme

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote in
:

And as for renting - too risky, the sex trade is not an
attractive alternative to IT work.

Yeah, your moustache would probably loose you quite a bit of trade Guy :-{)

Graeme
Old March 6th 04, 10:53 AM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Yeah, your moustache would probably loose you quite a bit of trade Guy :-{)

But then again, he could have a lucrative niche market all sewn up ;-)

Cheers, helen s

to get correct one remove dependency on fame & fortune