Any Mountain Bike COPs out there?

Old February 11th 05, 09:15 PM
Anus

"Ride-A-Lot" wrote in message
Ride-A-Lot wrote:

DUDE!!!!

Please stop top posting!

That's as annoying as those who do not quote who they are responding to.

Then we'll really be confused. Just go up one notch in the client.
It's not that hard.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Just learn how to post properly. It's not that hard.

Old February 12th 05, 12:12 AM
Phil, Squid-in-Training

So, I was wondering if any mountain bike cops frequent the newsgroup?

It might be a cool way to do some good for both yourself and the
community.

I despise the ones in my town with all my soul. I have no respect for them
and never will.

They do nothing but hassle poor cyclists such as me looking to get to class
a little bit faster.

When I say that, I mean one gets a $98 moving violation for not putting a
foot down at a stop sign. How ridiculous is that? Do car drivers have to
open their car doors and put a foot down?

Not to mention the $55 ticket for riding no-hands.

And the $45 ticket for no lights at night, for each light.

You can get a $45 ticket for riding with only a front brake. You can also
get the same one for riding without a seat.

Then there's all the regular ones... sidewalk riding... riding on the wrong
side of the road...

And everything else is categorized under "reckless driving."

I'd rather pay higher taxes than have to wade through the legal morass known
as the "judicial system." I've paid about half of the total wages I've ever
earned from my job at my bicycle shop in fees to the state. Once the US
becomes a police state, I will have been long gone.

I cannot wait to leave this town occupied by officers with nothing else
better to do.

Thankfully, they're, um, slow and can't keep up with me.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Old February 12th 05, 12:37 AM

Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:
So, I was wondering if any mountain bike cops frequent the

newsgroup?

It might be a cool way to do some good for both yourself and the
community.

They do nothing but hassle poor cyclists such as me looking to get to

class
a little bit faster.

If you're not following traffic law, then they aren't technically
"hassling" you - they're doing their jobs.

Now, before you start yelling about this, let me tell you - I was once
a commuter cyclist before aggressive drivers drove me to MTBing. And
drivers get mad watching bikers flagrantly breaking traffic law.

Want some proof? Mosey on over to rec.autos.driving, and see what
kinds of attitudes prevail about even strictly legal cycling.

When I say that, I mean one gets a $98 moving violation for not

putting a
foot down at a stop sign. How ridiculous is that?

Depends on what the law says. If it says you have to put your foot
down, then you do. Don't bitch at the cop, complain to the moron who
can't fathom a trackstand.

Not to mention the $55 ticket for riding no-hands.

I would hope so. Like a driver driving no-hands.

And the $45 ticket for no lights at night, for each light.

Another big "duh" there. You can't drive around town with no lights at
night - why should be able to bike that way?

You can get a $45 ticket for riding with only a front brake. You can

also
get the same one for riding without a seat.

I don't get those - but again, it's not the cops that make up these
rules.

Then there's all the regular ones... sidewalk riding... riding on the

wrong
side of the road...

You're not complaining about these, are you?

And everything else is categorized under "reckless driving."

Everything else illegal, you mean.

I'd rather pay higher taxes than have to wade through the legal

morass known
as the "judicial system." I've paid about half of the total wages

I've ever
earned from my job at my bicycle shop in fees to the state.

It sounds as though you made the choice to ignore the laws, and made it
up as you went along. Is it any wonder drivers hate cyclists? If you
pulled all this crap that you write about, I'm damn glad you got busted
for it. Illegal riders **** me off because their antics reflect poorly
on ever biker on the road. I have always obeyed traffic law to the
letter, yet drivers still were aggressive around me. Because of folks
like you.

If you're going to ride on the road, follow the rules. You're not the
only biker out there, you know.

E.P.

Old February 12th 05, 02:07 AM
Dave

Anus wrote:
"Ride-A-Lot" wrote in message

Ride-A-Lot wrote:

DUDE!!!!

Please stop top posting!

That's as annoying as those who do not quote who they are responding to.

Then we'll really be confused. Just go up one notch in the client.
It's not that hard.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Just learn how to post properly. It's not that hard.

Nothing to learn, really. There are only two possible settings to choose
from. That's like saying you need to learn how to flip a coin.

Peace.

--
David R Marlborough
DJ Mackelicious
Old February 12th 05, 02:13 AM
Dave

[...]

Wow, and I thought they were morons in my village. Your story has me
really ****ed. Especially, with the no-hands and putting your foot down
at a traffic light. I'm guilty of both those things every day I ride in
town. And those $45 tickets can add up. Well, at least you can book
like the road runner... *beep-beep*

Peace.

Old February 12th 05, 02:19 AM
Dave

[...]

I hear what you are saying, dude! It's not like I am doing the New
York City bike messenger **** in my village (some of those knobbies are
crazy). I just can't stand when a car races ahead of you to make a
right hand turn cutting in front of you instead of letting you go ahead.
For every bone head thing I have seen done on a bike there are just as
many for drivers believe me.

Peace.

Old February 12th 05, 12:06 PM

Around here its a seasonal bike cop. No winter bike
cops.